Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Embassies & Consulates
Legal Discussion Forum

How does the united states goverment protect the mainland from forien submarines entering our waters and carin

Iraq question?
Hi there, I know Iraqi who worked in Iraqi Embassy in The Hague. He's Iraqi native, but after spending 3 month's at embassy he was very disappointed in every aspect. I remember him (10 ...

Cuban Cigars--Really illegal?
I was in Costa Rica a month ago and of course smoked my fair share of R&J's, Cohibas, etc, but knew they were illegal to bring home. Then I was told that unofficially the customs agents ...

Can you be a U.S citizen and hold permanent residencies in other countries??
I am a U.S citizen and married a Brazilian girl who is also a dual citizen of Portugal. My question is if the U.S allows me to get permanent residency in Brazil as well as Portugal???...

How the american people see the european union?

How easy is it to get a visa for the States if you are a Canadian?
How easy is it to get a visa for the States if you are a Canadian?
my bf i trying to get a visa, he is a paramedic and im wondering how long might it take??
he is hoping to have it by D...

What is the European union?

Do i need a visa?
basically im goin to florida in 4 weeks time im now 20 yr old but wen i was 15 i got caught up with the wrong ppl and was aressted for shoplifting they took my fingerprints and photos etc i neva went ...

Does a baby 9mo.old need a passport to travel abroad and to return to the states?
Or only a birth certificate would be sufficient? Does any one have experience first hand with this?...

I'm not Italian but my ex is. So our kids are. If they claim italian citizenship through him, can I as well?
To explain more clearly, my exhusband is 3rd generation 100% Italian. We had two children together. If my children claim their Italian citizenship through his bloodline, then afterwards, could I ...

How can i order a passport online?
I've never been abroad but i'm planning a holiday this year but don't have a clue about getting a ...

Is Vladimir Putin infamous for something?

Additional Details
this isn't a yes or no question. explain....

Why there is not one country in the world is willing to recognize Jerusalem as the new capital of Israel?
Is it due to the Israeli Military occupation "illegal"
Or Jerusalem is a holy city for all not only the Jews
Additional Details
Brand X its Tel ...

Is there an australian consulate ,near hull ,for obtaining visitors visa for australia?

I got a success leter from NLNG Nigeria, They asking about 1700 US $ for visa & work premit, what we should d?

I got aapointment letter from abuja clinic ltd.abuja(nigeria),i want to know that is it scam?
JOB REF :ABJCN/14/2/07
they offer me 22,000US$ per month.AT DESTINATION :-- BIOTECHNOLOGIST...

My assport expiring this December. What is the procedure for renewal?

Greed for power takes life... everyone please read this and express ur views. thank you!?
Subhas Srivastava( AIIMS) has died coz of hunger strike protesting against reservation & the media is not covering it. Will his sacrifice go in vain?? Wake up and show your protest...Speak ...

Whats g bushes IQ and does that reflect the level of IQ of his country?
american ...

I will have an interview on Tuesday on US embassy here, i just want to ask some question that they will give?
i just want to have an info it is my 1st time to have an interview im a student and want to have an student visa. ...

Natalie H
Does your passport contain information on your criminal record?
My partner and I have booked to go to America and he has a criminal record (nothing serious, drunk and disordley 3 years ago) but he has no time to get a visa now so I wanted to know if his criminal record will show on the computer the Americans use to scan your passport.

Show all answers
Post your answer

ANF
Rating
No such information is on your passport. Unfortunately we do not know what information is passed without out knowledge to the Americans. You should ask the Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) as they will give free advice and if the person you speak to does not know the answer they will find it for you. Could be worth a go as you would then know exactly how you stand on this. Best of luck and if you make it have a great holiday.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

lamexicanabc
Rating
The passports do not have that kind of information, at least the ones issued in Mexico and as far as I know neither the ones issued in US.
When you request a passport they used to ask you to present a letter from the authorities of no criminal record, if you had a record they wouldn´t issue your passport, but I think they are not doing it any more, in my country.

EXCUSE ME, I WANT TO CLEAR SOMETHING UP

When you say, ¨go to America¨, where exactly are you going? because Brazil is America, Argentina, Mexico, Canada, Alaska, Salvador, Guatemala, and very many other countries, including the country with out name, (I mean U.S.) They are ALL in America...
In case you don´t know....

stephi43
Rating
no!!!!!!!!

violett
I didn't think u can get a passport with a criminal record
but anyways it will show up on the computer

stephdavenport2001
Rating
i work in a travel agents and although you cannot get a passport if you have a criminal record, they can check at the airports if they choose to

Precious
Rating
You cannot get a # CLEAN # passport if you own a criminal record..............y our welcome.............well ....you can get one but when you get to the border..........all youre info shows up on the computer.............it's strange that they don't ask the color of your underwear.............
Cause I've even been asked about my parent history one time......................

dognhorsemom
State Department and CBP computers have a lot of information from the FBI, which includes information that the FBI gets from Interpol. That is why we consular officers sometimes know if a visa applicant has a criminal record outside of the US. CBP at the port of entry might also know, since our systems talk to each other. The data is indexed by name, date of birth and country of citizenship, if known.

That said, the likelihood that your friend's mistake would show up at the port of entry is extremely (very extremely!) unlikely. Interpol generally concerns itself with more serious crimes. In addition, even if the record does show up, the crime does not make your friend inadmissible to the US: only a CIMT (crime involving moral turpitude) would do that. Drunk and disorderly is not a CIMT.

It might still be useful if he carried with him a copy of his court record, just in case, if that will make him feel more secure.

Why the negative vote? This is the truth - maybe not what someone would prefer to be true, but true nonetheless.

Social Science Lady
Rating
No it does not, at least not in writing for us all to read. Whether there is any encrypted information on it we are not told. However I doubt that very much. I think you are quite safe to travel without undue worry; you could try asking the passport office, by telephoning them.

Mighty Hammer
Rating
I would check but that should be alright. The new passports (U.K) have got a tiny chip in the back. Supposedly this is to stop theft, cloning etc. But as this is the explanation from our government I'm slightly dubious.

blee
not from the passport but it will show up when they run his name through the computer!!! they could turn you back!!!!

Helking
Rating
This website is very useful.

http://www.passport.gov.uk/index.asp

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, April 17, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy