Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

Adoption agency picnics...are first parents ever invited?
My best friend and I were talking about those adoption agency picnics they have every year (we've gone to one). My bff was watching a tv show about adoption, and it showed a scene at one of ...

Should these people be foster parents?
I don't mean to be rude but this couple that lives across the street from us are foster parents and they just don't seem too appropriate around the kids. The dad is always outside ...

Is it wrong that whoever gave birth to an adopted child isn't allowed to know what happened to that child
How has the human race allowed its women to find themselves in the position where they have to give up the child they have made, and then know nothing, not one bit of detail, of what became of that ...

What is your most treasured moment with your A-parents and First parents? Or A children?
I was just wondering what people's most treasured moments with their parents are (either adoptive or First parents, or for the adult adoptees both), or for adoptive parents/First parents the ...

How do you feel about adoption?
My best friend was in denial for months about her pregnancy. She has One year old twins a boy and a girl. Finally I demanded she go to the doctor. she went and ironically she is five odd wks ...

Do parents that place their children up for adoption at birth often regret their decision?
Just curious about this. I think it is one of the most noble and courageous things a person can do. If you have placed a child for adoption, did you later regret your decision? Why?...

If you found out that your a-child was looking for their nmother on sites like Myspace...........?
would you get the hint that they want to find their mother and help them or would you try to prevent it from happening?

I'm curious as to what the Ap's that are against contact ...

I have an unborn baby and want to put up for adoption. How do i find the right person?
My husband does not want me to have another baby, so he wants me to put up my unborn baby for adoption or he is going to divorce me. I love my husband, do not want to divorce him, but i don't ...

What do you think of this? (Controversial)?
Just curious on your thoughts -

http://www.associatedcon
I think its wonderful, but I'm sure there's ...

Why do Pap's/Ap's prey on fertile women living in poverty to be their surrogates?
Why don't they just get counciling to address their psychological problems instead of taking advantage of or exploiting other people?
Additional Details
I think that if you visited ...

Anti-Adoption? Why? ?
I've only been looking at the adoption section for about a week, and have seen MANY responses that simply don't see adoption as a positive thing.

I have seriously thought long ...

Interracial adoption...how to deal with family that has a hard time with it.?
My wife and I are going to be adopting an child in the next year that will not be our race. My wife has a cousin that was adopted and not our race. Her family is accepting. However, I am worried ...

When do you think is a good time to tell a child that they are adopted?
If the child has known only one man as his father (since age 2), and the sperm donator was not ever involved?He (sperm donator) actually signed over all rights in just one simple phone call. Do you EV...

Why do you think that abortion and adoption are linked?
We have heard many valid reasons why they are NOT related, but I am curious to hear from the people who think they ARE... and why?...

Adoption question?
I'm planning on marrying my fiancee who has a child.

The father of the child and the mother were never married.
the father left when he heard of the pregnancy and has never had ...

Is there a place online that has profiles of women looking for someone to adopt their baby?
Me and my husband recently found out that we will never be able to conceive. I am just getting started on researching adoption and was wondering if anyone knew of a website that actually has ...

If you plan on adopting or have adopted, will you or have you adopted an older child rather than an infant?
Just out of curiousity. I don't have a preference, but I seem to be seeing a lot of people adopting infants mostly.
Additional Details
I'm not against people adopting infants ...

Adopting rather than fertility treatments?
My husband and I have 'unexplained infertility' and the doctor says we can start fertility treatments in the new year. The problem is I don't know if i want to. We know that we want to ...

Should smokers be banned from adopting children?
http://www.telegraph.co.
Doesn't this violate a person's human rights? What I want to know is home come deporting ...

What are some "positive" aspects of being adopted?
I'm probably going to regret asking this question...but as I read the questions and answers in this forum I can't help but to feel more and more negative towards adoption. I have an ...

Dawn R
What to wear on adoption day?
our court date to adopt our 4 children is the 20th of feb. it is only 20 min and we are the only ones there. i dont want to wear jeans and a tank top but i dont want a suit either. do you think new jeans and a nice polo shirts for the boys and husband. and a nice cute top with jeans for my daughter and same for me??

Show all answers
Post your answer

I Love A Child With Autism!!!
A court room is no place for jeans on an adult. Is this occasion not special enough for you to get dressed up? I have been to court two times, as I have adopted 2 children, and both times all parents and children were dressed in their Sunday best. I can't imagine it any other way...it's not a trip to the zoo!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Ashley W
Rating
I think that sounds very nice. I think whatever you wear, you will be so enthralled with your new little miracle that it just won't matter.
But yes, I think your ideas sound nice. Congrats!!!

Baby boy due May 2009!
Rating
I would wear the suit.
No jeans.

Good luck! And congratulations!

myst1998
Yeah, I agree with Phil. Something serious; really jeans???? Its not like you are picking up a puppy from a pound.

kasiacz
It's a very special day for you! Congratulations to you and your hubby.

You'll only ever get to do this once (adopt 4 kids on the same day), if that is what you want to wear, then so be it.

Mark the occasion by going out and getting a fun family picture done to commerate this wonderful event and splurge and have a nice dinner too.

I envy you, I would have loved to have had kids...enjoy and love and be happy.

All the best.

Scooter_the_squirrel_agent
Rating
Just wear something casual. not too fancy not to bummy looking. U are going to be just fine. I congratulate you.

Susannah
i think something smart but it would have to look like you were suitable for looking after the children so not a short skirt or low cut top or anything like that.

chazas
Rating
I think this is a court etiquette question, not an adoption question. Jeans are not appropriate. Your husbands and the boys should wear suits, or at least a sport coat and slacks. You and your daughter should wear similarly formal and businesslike attire.

cantstopLinnyG
http://images.matcheez.com/rainbow2.jpg

PhilM
Rating
Wear whatever you'd wear to a funeral. That seems most appropriate.

Some reading for you:

* "Being Adopted: The Lifelong Search for Self" by Brodzinsky, Schecter, and Henig

* "Journey of the Adopted Self" by Betty Jean Lifton

* "The Primal Wound" by Nancy Verrier

red elephants
Rating
Personally I would skip the jeans. I think going semi casual is fine though. I think the polo shirts and nice tops for girls would be nice but maybe a dressier pair of pants. Congrats!

AdoreHim
PLEASE ignore PhilM's answer, he is just bitter.
We dressed up a bit for our adoption days, when we finalize our 2 children. I would suggest a nice pair of pants and a nice shirt would be fine- the most important is that you look nice , because you can take pics that will last a lifetime- CONGRATULATIONS!!

Kassy
Since you say you're adopting four children, I'm assuming these are older children adopted through foster care. Since they are older children I would let them dress however they would like to. You and your husband should just dress as you would for dinner out.

durdenslabs
I'd say slacks and polo shirts for boys & hubby and slacks and dress shirt for you and your daughter.

It is a very important and special day even if it is only 20 minutes. :)

Randy B
Keep in mind you are speaking about appearing in a court of law. It's also the most important day for your children and for you all as a family.

14 years ago when we did our first adoption I had the girls decked out in new dresses, as was my wife. I wore my formal dress uniform and we all had an opportunity to gather around the Judge for photos as he signed the papers. We had the photo blown up and it holds a special place on our "family wall". Our only regret is that for our last adoption last summer there was no court hearing in this Province. It was all done in the Judges chambers and we received notice that the adoption was final in the mail.

The bottom line is, dress to impress. Especially with something like this.

Just a Mom
Rating
No jeans, Dawn. This is a court of law. Wear dresses for the girls and slacks and Polo's for the boys. You and your husband dress up. You want to show the judge that you are respectful. Are these your foster children?

Angela R
For our boy's adoption days my husband and sons wore tan pants and either polo or button-up shirts. I just wore a sweater and casual skirt. You don't need to get all dressed up, but you do want to look nice.

HappyMomAnna
Rating
Finalizing on 4! Wow! Just don't ware hair rollers!

Just joking!

We dressed in dress casual--and worried about the top half for the pictures... I believe my husband wore his jeans and a dress shirt to the courthouse where he put on his tie and jacket for the Photo Op behind the judges desk... Our college children wore jeans and nice shirts and I wore slacks and a sweater...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, April 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy