Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

I need some new york states wrongful adoption lawyers?
please. i need contact phone numbers. does anyone knnow any websites where i could find some? easy 10 points?...

How many children enter foster care at birth in this situation?
Supposedly, this woman is afraid of giving birth, and says in the past, she'd made some horrible mistakes in neglecting her children through drugs. Now that she's clean, she expects that ...

Question on the separation of siblings in adoption?
What would be some reasons for the separation of two siblings through adoption. I know that they only usually break apart large groups of siblings. Why would they separate only two siblings though?...

How can i speed up the adoption process in canada.?

Do you think most adoption agency social workers want first parents to suffer?
I've met so many people recently because of what's happening to me and as it turns out, I met someone who helped a girl years ago who was in a similar situation as mine with the same agency,...

Do you think the Foster Care Reformers and the Adoption Reformers should join forces for a common cause of ?
...FREEING RECORDS?

Would more numbers make an impact or would it get too confused?...

What did your adoptive parents do for you as an adoptive child to help you deal with your identity issues?
I want to adopt. I was adopted and i have my own story, however I know that others could have more insight and different situations. I want to educate myself as much as I can from adoptees like my ...

Adopting Questions? Please give answers and advice?
My husband and I are looking into adoption. We want to adopt 3 children between an infant- and 9 years of age. Most likely we are going to adopt a sibbling group. Right now we live in an apartment ...

Adoption Announcement Question?
Hello-
My husband and I are in the process of adopting a sibling group of three. The children have recently moved in and we would like to introduce them to members of our family. The issue is ...

If you got your Non ID, did you find it factual when you actually reunited?

Additional Details
In my own, I believe the social worker was using my non id to her creative writing course. There is almost nothing in it that is true. I wondered if my and my son&#...

Question for those of you who have adopted or plan to adopt ?
Okay when you adopt do you really ever truly love the child as if the child were your own natural child?

I'm just curious because I know people say they do but do they really?
<...

International Adoption?
I am a single woman and most likely to be single in the next 5 years,who is thinking of adopting from Japan. I am a local Okinawan/Japanese-American born and raised in the USA. Is it possible for me ...

"CPS program brings together parents and foster parents"... what do you think?
I am curious of the opinions on this article:
http://www.dcourier.com/
"CPS District III Program Manager Gary Arnold ...

How does an independent adoption work?
Im talking about when you adopt from a friend of a friend of a friend of another friend? Without an adoption agency involved?...

Getting married in japan and adoption?
i am gay. and i want to go to japan. will i be able to get married and adopt kids? also, will i even be able to find gay men? and how? like, because i know it's not all that open over there.....

Long lost sister..;.?
I found out I had a half sister from my dad's second marriage. I have been searching for her for so long! My dad won't talk about her so all I know is what my dad told my mom before they ...

Do you celebrate "Family Day", "Homecoming Day", "Gotcha Day"...?
Whatever you choose to call it.

What do you do on those days?

Or do you not recognize it at all?

We have celebrated 2 "family days" with baby girl and ...

How to find biological parents?
I was adopted from Paraguay, and I live in the United States. I would someday like to find my biological parents. Where should I start?...

Is adoption child abuse?

Additional Details
In a sense that some people say that adopting parents that do not adopt from foster care are taking the kids from their natural family to suit their own desires.

Who do you think hurts the most the birth giver or the child?
All I ever hear on here is that we should be thankful and grateful to the birth givers for not having an abortion but giving us up. And how much they are hurting. Maybe some of them are but for the ...

Terri B
What is the maximum age limit for adoptive parents?
My husband and I are attending a foster parent training class next month. When we get a foster child, we would like to adopt them eventually if that option becomes available. My husband and I are 38 years old. Is there an age limit for adoptive parents?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Fox V
Rating
It is not really say what each wants ,in the first place all depends of the orphanage centers and other institutions for adoptions ,everything depends on the state of material ,that if a person who wants to adopt a child you care depends on the age too.First you can not get a child to grow up if it does not mean yo are a couple mom and dad for child ,so you have to be married ,then you need a certain age you grow up ,and then maximum age should not exceed 40 years because this is the age limit ,if you passed it ,you could no longer have the right to something that may not care to a child when you are too old, reasons for health is probably viewed with concern and more .And my parents wanted a child care from the state does not have allowed this has been through 1997-1998 and then my parents had opportunities and the age of 44 respectively 53 ,now likely or changed some of the laws on this ,probable i don't know this......

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

seekn2know
Rating
We were kinship guardians of a grandchild and recently became the adoptive parents at 53 & 57 so you have allot of time left.

tickled blue
There is an age limit, but you are nowhere near it...don't worry!

<<adoptive mommy through foster care

kitsters_mufasa
I just did a private adoption and the couple i found where 46 so you have some years to go good luck

BOTZ
My husband and I are about your age (within a few years). One thing that others haven't mentioned so far, so I will, is that while there ARE limits -- which you are nowhere near...not even starting to approach -- there are also significant differences when it comes to adopting through foster care, which you have already said you are planning to do.

One of those differences is that more parents are ALWAYS needed to do foster-to-adopt care. Especially ones who are willing to adopt, if the child becomes available for adoption AND are willing to parent until a child is able to return home. That kind of loving care is hard to find. There is never a "need" for more adoptive parents in private, infant adoption. The "wanting" parents in those scenarios ALWAYS outnumber the available children. So, even though the *actual* age limits may be similar, in foster-to-adopt, there's no worry about "competing" with 20-somethings and early-30-somethings to be "chosen" by a mother or agency for a less-supply-than-demand infant.

The other difference is in the fact that adoption from foster care often involves older children, so 'older' parents (and by NO means do I mean to say that 38 is "older", it's just "older than, say, 25") can be and often are a BETTER match than youngers -- especially newlyweds. And, just for the record, 'older' children (when it comes to foster care) can very sadly be described as "older than 4". That sad-but-true fact simply breaks my heart.

Best of luck to you! Please put your mind at ease...you (we) are at a GREAT age -- for many/most things, not just parenting! As a matter of adoption fact, though, there are a some agencies in the U.S., and MANY countries doing international adoptions to the U.S., who will not even *consider* an adoptive couple until one or both spouses/partners is AT LEAST 35. So, by their standards, we're just 'fledglings' ourselves. :-) (I don't know if you're in the U.S., but I am, so that's why I mentioned those things.)

Cheers!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy