Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

Can women be coerced to parent?

Besides adoption, what else do anti-adoption folks believe is immoral or unethical?

Email message I received based on a question posted here? Thoughts?
The *message* is what I wrote as an answer in a past question. Below it is the email I received based on this answer. I removed the emailer's name. I think she is dead wrong and very naive ...

What would you think of a couple who are married, expecting and want to give?
the baby up for adoption....

Adopted a special needs child without knowing it.?
I posted this earlier and it suggest to put it in special education section. But my guess is it needs to be here.... I posted the following before.

Our profile for our daughter was very ...

Adoptees: what should a prospective adoptive parent know?
As someone considering adopting a child, what is the most important thing I should know? What should I do, not do, be prepared for, say, etc? What do you wish someone had told YOUR adoptive parents?...

Do You Condone Sealed Birth and Adoption Records for Adoptees?
If so, in what other areas of life do you defend discrimination against a select group of society?
Additional Details
ETA: interesting RB - Isn't what you suggest still ...

KIDS...adopt or not?
I have been married for two years. My husband and I have discussed having kids but have always come to the conclusion that it isnt a good idea. I think the main reason for this choice is that we both ...

When would be the right time to give a child a letter from her birthmother?
My concern is that the letter contains very detailed information about the circumstances of how our child was concieve. I have to give points to her birthmother for being honest, but unfortunately ...

If an internationally adopted baby dies of SIDS?
my aunt recently adopted a little boy (5 yrs) from siberia, (i know he cant die of sids!) but that got me thinking . if you internationally adopt a baby, which can cost upwards of 30k, and he or she ...

Do i need my boyfriends permission to put my kid up for adoption?
if i am pregnant?...

How old do you have to be to legally adopt a child?
I am 16....

Would it be better to give a baby up for adoption or keep it?
I am 9 weeks pregnant. I just want to know if you think it would be best if I gave my baby up for adoption or if I kept it. The circumstances are such as this. 1. the dad is m.i.a. 2. I don't ...

What does an open adoption mean?

Being asked to fund an adoption?
We know some people who recently adopted a baby - the infant is already in their home. I received a mass email asking for money to cover the adoption fees! I found it tacky and tasteless. Shouldn�...

Adoption? Not the best option for my baby?
I don't believe in abortion and I just now thought about adoption. But I see people saying that being adopted sucks and if something goes wrong they are in foster care and they belong to the ...

A question about adoption and telling my child about his biological father.?
My husband and I just got married a month ago. We've been together for 9 years now. I have a son that he wants to adopt and I don't know where to begin. His biological father has seen ...

Are all first mothers alike?
In light of another question today I would like to hear for the 50 billionth time what other peoples perspectives are on women who surrender their children.

Are we all alike? Do we all ...

To whom it may concern?
I have been in this particual section for a few days now. It saddens me of some of the stories i've heard about some of the adoptions. I'm very sorry of what you had to go threw. I wanted ...

He doesn't want Adoption!?
Hi my bf had an unexpected pregnancy and i want to give the baby up fpr adoption but he is not ready to give it up for adoption and i don't know what to do please i need help? I am the mohter ...

DawnK25
Seperate rooms for boys/girls?
I have a biological son. We have discussed possibly adopting a girl someday. Our house is only a 2 bedroom. Is there some type of rule that says a male and female can not share sleeping quarters?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Tseruyah
Rating
You want to build a psychological fence around the different sexes when they are young so that there is mutual respect, especially in aggressive boys toward girls.

Separate rooms help children understand that the sexes should not be lumped together as if boys and girls are all the same.

"Hands off!" should be the lesson boys learn when it comes to girls once they are old enough to act on their curiosity.

If there is room in your house to create another bedroom or add on, go ahead, but it's inappropriate for boys and girls to share a bedroom indefinitely.

Also, your son isn't going to be keen on the idea of baby sister always in his stuff and crying at night and "bugging" him all the time.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

bigthinker
Rating
They must have different rooms.
It is a law no matter if they are yours or adopted.

Best of luck

love_in_him
Rating
its okay.... as long as they are little but girls start to understand what privacy is when they hit age 4 so it might not be the best idea once your little girl gets older

Tsunami
if you own your own home its ok. but at certain age if you are having boy and girl you need to give them their rooms. i am thnking its about 7 to 10 that theys hould have own room. if you are renting its like 3 or so. they will not rent two bedroom when the kids are certain ages. take care.

jumpjumpjump
I think if they are both young, but I'd say that when the boy(oldest) is probably about 7, he should be getting his own room.

Rainia W
It really depends on the social worker for that one, and in some places like where I live, a foster child must have their own bedroom, so I am assuming that goes for an adoptive child as well.

My own personal opinion is when gender identity is being formed (between 2-4) is around the time where kids of the opposite sex have to stop sharing bedrooms. Obviously they can still share at grandmas house or the hotel or whatever, but I think normally between the ages 2-4 years old thats when they should have bedrooms with only same-sex siblings.

Coopy's Mom
Rating
I'd say after 11 or 12, its a no go. As youngsters kids dont really have privacy issues or care to be honest. But as they enter puberty they are going to want privacy and their own space. Also adoption agencies will prefer a family that give the child its own bedroom, especially if its of the opposite sex.

oh_my_its_linda
Rating
The state will require separate bedrooms.

jlisha1
Brother and sisters are allowed to share a room together until the age of six.After that age the law requires the children to be in seperate rooms.I live in nj and have had dyfs at my house and if i didnt get a bigger apt or give up my room to one of my children they were going to take them away from me for neglect.Stupid huh..

momofone
yes there are laws that describe at what age they need to have separate rooms. it all depends on what state you live in. call you children family services and ask them to mail you a policy/procedure regarding bedroom set ups....

AHMAD FUAD Harun
Dear,

It's the ruling to separate boy and girl. Anything can happen if they are in a room. In my religion Islam, in the family, son and daughter, once they are adult, they must be separated. Boys and girls in separate room.

The girl by the name of Nigel ♥
Rating
nope but you should have something to seperate the room/for them to change behind

♥Brii Almii♥
it all depends on the age!!
dont have them on there if they
are close in age and older.
but if they are like 5 and a young one
like 2 then it would be fine.

onesexysquirrel
Rating
Yes. A social worker would never allow you to co-habitate two children of the opposite sex especially since you've already had the boy. It's also kind of morrally wrong and an invasion of both of their privacy. What would you do when they got to the age of like 11?

You could transform your dining room or something into a bedroom...

Piolo Angelo P
Rating
As a responsible parent, you should have two separate bedrooms for a girl and a boy.

Eventhough they are your own sons & daughters, they should have separate rooms for privacy.

Boys and girls has two distinct personalities.

Maalru3
They shouldn't unless they are little. But especially if you are considering adoption you may want to think about expanding room #'s. it's important for each child to have their own bed and own dresser. If the room is big enough , try loking into rood dividers. again, a lot will depend on their ages

Lips Of An Angel
Rating
If they were to come in your home to inspect then they would tell you that each child needs thier own room, I have a gf with 3 girls and 1 boy and she told me that the baby could share a room with him but that when she was old enough to sleep in her own bed they would have to seperate them.

kat
If you want to adopt a girl, you need to be looking for a larger house. I'm not sure if there are laws about adopting, but I do know that when I was pregnant we had to move and we were looking at an apartment and the landlord told us that because it was HUD housing if we were having a boy then we needed to get a 3 bedroom apartment because they will only allow the opposite sex in the same room if one is under 6 months. Besides, as the kids get older they develop modesty and will want their own space.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy