Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

AP's with multiple adoptions....?
How long did you wait after your first placement to ask/seek out a second placement. Since the process is so long....and we want to continue with the same birth order....we are concerned that we may ...

I'm adopted. anyone know of a good agency to find my birth Mother?
I'm 45, in 1962 she chose my wonderful parents to adopt me. I have brother about 4 yrs older. her parents found out about that pregnany and made her keep him, they did not find out about me. ...

Newborn AP's: Did you agree on names for the baby with the natural parent?
Did you include them in the naming of the baby? Did you incorporate any of their family names into your son/daughters?
Additional Details
I would never change a name given. I was just ...

What is a home stuy?
well me and my mom and dad wanna adopt but it says we have to have a home study,my mom or dad dont know what it is so we were hoping to find out what it is so if anyone knows what it is please tell ...

How long does an Domestic adoption take?
My husband and I have been waiting for our adotion agency to call us with some news on the adoption. It has been only 5 months since all the paper work and home study are completed. I guess this is ...

The ideal adoption scenario...?
My husband and I are only beginning to look into adopting a child. We have one biological one already who is a great joy in our lives. We are both young and healthy and could have more children but ...

Under what circumstances would you consider adult adoption?
I know most US states permit an adult to adopt another adult. Have you or are you considering being in this situation? Why would you want to adopt an adult? Why would you want to be adopted as an ...

Adoption>>/? costs why so much?
im 24 and will be buying a house in a year or two and would want to start a family .. we have always talked about adoption for the normal reasons to give a loving home to a child who wouldnt ...

What is the difference between adopting a child if they are legally free or if they are at legal risk?
Is adopting a child from dss that is legally free harder than adopting a legal risk child? Which process is longer?...

International vs. Domestic?
Why do people adopt internationally vs. Domestic? Do you get your children faster than the other? Is one cheaper than the other?

I'm curious b/c my husband and I are thinking about ...

TN Foster adoption in 2005 - how to get info ?
There was a sibling group adopted out of foster care in 2005- state TN. I only have the children's first names, photos, and birthdates. No last name. How can I search to see who adopted them? T...

A followup to my adoption information question a few hours ago...?
I've gotten some great, useful, answers, thanks~

My new question is regarding the suggestion by a few to include my baby's conception and birth story.

It's really ...

So I finished my Letter - What Do You Think?
Here it is. I took Heather's advice, just with different wording.

"I agree that further litigation is in no one’s best interest and although I would like to resolve this ...

Is it legal for the adopted parents to change their adopted...?
...childs last name.*Meaning different from theirs.* Example : Parents name Thedarizienio. Childs changed lets say : Hedar. Would it be legal?...

What would you do?
Okay, my mom is thinking about adopting another child. She wants our [the family's] opinion on it. I would have no problem with it if there were different circumstances, but: My mom and dad have ...

Which adoption agencies are known for being the most unethical?
Sure, by their very nature one could say they all are, but which specific ones have the worst practices? And what sorts of things were/ or still are done? Thank you.
Additional Details

Adopting from Ethiopia: a good idea?
http://news.newamericame...

How can i find my birth mom?
i was adopted when i was 2 days old and im going to be 21 in a few weeks. i couldnt ask for a better family i have had the greatest life. i know my birth mom was 19 when she had me, the father ran ...

Interaction between Asian-American and people adopted from Asia?
Not necessarily asians, but with any culture -- do these interactions differ from normal? For example, would the adopted person be seen as "not really [insert ethnicity here]"?

Im want to go to an adoption Home.....so Which number should i called for it?
WELL its a long story but im 13 i know i can't stay with a father who abusive and will beat me if i correct him or if my brother (6,10) says something negative about me (silbing rivarly)
<...

Tonya
In an adoption, how long after the birth does the birthmother have to change her mind (Washington State)?
In Washington state, after the baby is born, how long does the birth mother have to change her mind?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Angela B
48 hours hours after signing the consents or whenever the court approves the consents.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Brianna
The answer is up to 1 full year after the baby is born. They will almost always win as well within that time. They cant' just change their mind either, but have to take you to court.

cmc
From what I read you can sign papers before the birth, but they won't be filed until 48 hours after the birth. Or you can sign 48 hours after the birth. After that it would be very difficult to change your mind unless there was proof of duress. I would not recommend signing relinquishment papers until after the birth. Also you do not have to sign within 48 hours. If you aren't sure take your time. The baby can go home from the hospital with you, or the adoptive parents until you are ready to sign.

Sexxxy Blonde
Rating
hey i live in WA so this caught my attention.

7. Can the birth mother change her mind before signing the legal consents to the adoption?
Yes, she can change her mind up until the approval of the consents by the court. Thereafter she must prove fraud, duress or lack of mental competency.
RCW 26.33.160

Go to this website. it has tons of FAQ

http://www.iaatp.com/docs/FAQs%20-%20Washington.pdf

Camira B
Rating
Per Washington Statutes § 26.33.160
Consent is revocable until court approves it. Thereafter, consent is irrevocable, except that for 1 year, consent may be revoked for fraud, duress, or lack of mental competency.

Randy B
Rating
I believe they can change their minds at any time up until the adoption is finalized.

Once that occurs though, as quoted from the link below:

RCW 26.33.360
Petition by natural parent to set aside adoption — Costs — Time limit.

(1) If a natural parent unsuccessfully petitions to have an adoption set aside, the court shall award costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, to the adoptive parent.

(2) If a natural parent successfully petitions to have an adoption set aside, the natural parent shall be liable to the adoptive parent for both the actual expenditures and the value of services rendered by the adoptive parents in caring for the child.

(3) A natural parent who has executed a written consent to adoption shall not bring an action to set aside an adoption more than one year after the date the court approved the written consent.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, December 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy