Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

How do i find my old Foster mom,for Graduation. ?
I was in foster care for two years when i was 9. im now 17. i have also ran into a few of my old foster sisters, they recognized me, and pretend to have never know me.I also found out this year my ...

Adopted and needing help! :D!?
ive wanted to find my birth mom for a really long time.. but im 15 right now and i want to know if its possible or well if anyone has found their birth parents when they were young.. and how could i ...

Do you think the Canadian/US govts should follow this country's lead....?
or continue to turn a blind eye to childrens rights.

http://www.nzherald.co.n...

Is it true that more girls are adopted than boys?
I have heard talk that more girls are adopted than boys, both internationally and domestically. I read in a magazine that most mothers who have 3+ boys and wanted a girl turn to adoption, so I ...

Will obama let the adoptees free?
or will mcain keep them in total ...

Might not be able to have kids?
If I can't, can I choose which child I want to adopt or do I just get what I get? If I adopt I want my child to look enough like me that nobody can tell that they aren't mine. That way if ...

Convince my mom to adopt?
OKay so i came up with this great idea yesterday. my mom has said she might have kids and so i've been begging her to. She already has 3 and just got remarried to my new stepdad dominic. She has ...

My husband wants to adopt my son from the previous marriage. Is anyone knows how to start adoption process? ?

What's the cost for a adoption with a child that has been removed from the parents?
VERY long complicated story but a in-law of mine got there kids taken and we are doing (trying to do) foster care. Department of Children and Family Services has mentioned that there is a small cost ...

What are your opinions on me adopting & could you give me some advice if I do?
I'm 21 in New Jersey. I took in my Niece who is a 10 year old girl in with me. I'm pretty good financially too. I work with Children but i just think there is something more that i could do....

Are my parents too old to adopt a baby?
I'm 16 and my parents really want to adopt a child, but my dad is 53 and my mom is 46. I also have a 14-year-old sister and an 11-year-old brother. My parents really want to adopt a baby, it ...

APs, adoptees and the honeymoon period?
Right now we are in the process of gradually transitioning our new son from his foster home into our home and while we were prepared for confusion and grieving, we have yet to see any of that. We ...

Did you know that there is a foster child in the Cheeta Girls?
I am watching the 2nd movie with my kids and kind of drowning it out, but a girl talking about her life in fostercare perked up my ears. How cool is that? I think it's great for kids in foster ...

Need some serious answers please.?
well im the middle child of five. I have a set of twin sisters and two younger brother and im in the middle. But for some odd reason by the time i was old enough to walk my mother (sam) who adopted ...

Adoption Heritage / Medical History?
My mother was adopted, and doesn't want to find out anything about her biological parents. However, my sisters and I want to know what our heritage is and also what our family's medical ...

For adoptees who are reunited, who was most or least supportive of your reunion?
Did you find unexpected support or resistance from any members of your adoptive family? Did friends for coworkers help or hinder?...

If you were adopted - what would have liked your Foster Parents to know...?
Anything / Anyone

Foster Parents
Adoptive Parents...

I would like to hear from everyone!

No thumbs down...
Additional Details
I meant "what ...

How old do you have to be to adopt in indiana? If possible please list sources?

Having a baby shower for a family placement?
I am getting a family placement in Sept, do you think it's okay to have a baby shower since I don't have any of the essentials to having a baby? I don't have tons of extra money lying ...

Foster-adopt question?
I am curious about the process to adopt children in state custody, across state lines. Such as, from Adoptuskids.org. How does that work, if the children would need to relocate to the state of the ...

Nick Jonas's sweet heart
How much money do you get for fostering a child?
I was just curious. Thank you!

Show all answers
Post your answer

Super HORSE lover!!!
Foster care is NOT a job... you have to actually be really cruel to think in that way. Shame on you. If you want money find another way.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

The brain
If you are really Nick Jonas's sweetheart, you don't need the money.

If you are thinking about money as a condition for fostering a child, STOP. Get a job instead. A child is NOT an income.

Just a Mom
Rating
Let me tell you that it's not a lot. Way less than it takes to raise a child. I live in Missouri, which is one of the lowest paying states for foster children. The only way you could ever live off it is to take career children, and that's a horrible reason to take a child who needs help.

LaurieDB
Maintenance payments differ depending upon location, the age of the child, the number of children being fostered, the type of placement, and other factors. This link will give you a general guideline for foster care stipends in the U.S. The information is from 2007, but it is still useful.
http://www.nysccc.org/boardrates/staterates.pdf

Gaia is right, though. When I was a social worker, all of the foster parents with whom I worked stated that they often spent beyond the stipend to meet the child's needs. It's not like babysitting. The money is not payment for services rendered. It is money to be used specifically for the child's needs.

Gaia Raain
You get less than enough to care for the child. Fostering is not a job. If you're looking into it to make money, you're looking in the wrong place. If you're asking if you can afford to foster, you might be able to if you're great at budgeting. The check they give you does not cover everything you'll need to care for a child.

Looney Tunes
Rating
It ranges by states...but it can be anywhere from $200-$1000 a month depending on the age of the child and if the child is "more difficult" or has special needs.

That being said. DO NOT FOSTER FOR MONEY. If you do that, you are scum.

Caring for a child requires more than $650 a month (~$21 per day). I had foster parents tell me that "they had to wait for the check" before I could get a new pair of shoes or get a birthday present. That kills a child.

Fostering is NOT about money....it's about helping a child in need.

EDIT: Thumbs down???? You ******* greedy people. A kid needs love, caring, and "things." The money from the system barely covers food for a child. If you foster for money, you are PART OF THE PROBLEM, not the solution. Screw you.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy