Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

 How old do you have to be in order to meet you biological parents?
im 13 and i want to know how old you have to be and ...

 Has anyone read these books? If so, which are your favorites? (see link)?
http://www.emkpress.com/ Details
If you don't like them... are there any children's books regarding adoption the you do like? Can you tell ...

 Becoming a foster parent?
I am looking into it now, but waiting for a few years, as I am expecting twin boys and have a 23 month old. But my husband and I want to become foster parents someday. What kind of processes do you ...

 Do you think its hypocritical of McCain to advertise and expose his a-daughter...?
to the ridicule/praise of society but yet go out of his way to protect the privacy of Palins biological daughter?...

 What kind of programs, education, housing options for birth mothers considering adoption instead of abortion?
We are a couple in Arizona that are looking into the different housing options for birth mothers. After considering abortion, and deciding against it, we ran across a website www.adopthelp....

i had to give up my two babies for adoption,they are 10 months apart.my husband @ the time was a drunk & really abusive,so we got away.my mom had just gotten sick & became disabled,so i had ...

 Where can I find listings of children awaiting adoption - 1-3 yr olds- that either have mild special needs, or
no special needs. I hope that does not sound bad, but I think some people are just more able to handle severe special needs, and I think we would do better with a child with mild or no special needs. ...

 What are the laws on opening adoption records if the birthmother is dead?

Additional Details
the adoption took place in New York state, and it was a closed adoption. I have no idea if the birth mother left any instructions, but doubt it. There are also no ...

 What Happens To Back Child Support In A Step Parent Adoption in FL?
My husband is going to adopt my children, with the consent of their birth father. Their birth father owes me a little over $10,000 in back child support. Will he still have to pay that off or will it ...

 I am wanting to adopt a Indian baby girl. how do i go about it.?
I am an Indian living abroad.I have no children, but my husband has 2. I am 36. I would like a toddler or a baby. Kindly guide me....

 To Live Or Not To Live?
I want to live with my grandma and she says she would adopt me but she is scared that my mom will not let her see my brothers and sisters. What do I do?...

 Mistake on reissued(adoption) birth certificate?
Alright, i was just looking at my birth certificate, the one that i was given after my and my twin brother's adoption went through. I noticed something wrong.

My adoptive fathers name ...

 Parents: Adopting an older child
I was wondering... Does parents like adopted older kids (like 14 is the highest)?...

 Oh my God.... Cambodia.....?
Do you know of the things going on in Cambodia????

Our missionaries were giving their testimony today and hey visited orphanges. It was sickening. If ever you consider adopting outside the ...

 Adoption concerns and life woes?
I'm in need of some serious advice.

I'm majoring in criminology. After college, I plan to go overseas and teach for 1-2 years. This will be my "break" before med ...

 Is it coercive for a expectant mother to search for and ask ?
a couple to adopt the baby she is expecting. I keep seeing that PBM is coercive, but on who's part?
The one requesting an adoption weather it's the expectant mother or APs?
The ...

 Gyn verse Obgyn?
Anyone know if it matters that i have an Obgyn if trying to get pregnant? Or might be pregnant?
Additional Details
To BDP... sorry this posted in area not intended. i hit for pregnancy ...

 Question about adoption story!?
Okay, so I was looking up this story from a while back and it was about a 16 year old boy who was becoming increasingly ill from a genetic disorder. So anyway, the Doctor was becoming frustrated ...

 Should I try to look for my parents/any other siblings again or just give up?
My parents had me when they were young and gave me up. When I was a kid, all I wanted to do was find them. I didn't really get to search until I was 19. I didn't find my parents, but I ...

 Where do I start with adoption?
Thanks for reading.

I'm a stay at home mum married to my husband for 3 years, we have a 14 month old daughter and we would love more children.

Because of complications with ...

The Mouse
How long do I have to appeal adoption of my child?
to make a long story a little bit shorter
she was taken from me by cps, for environmental concerns,
I wanted to appeal her being adopted but didn't because
she was being adopted by my mother in law
and I kept hearing over and over again that once
she was adopted that I would be able to see her anyways,
and that i had no chance of winning so there was no reason to appeal.
I even signed a statement saying because my mother in law is going
to let me see her after the adoption that I didn't want to appeal the case.
That is the ONLY reason i didnt appeal it, its been at least 2 and a half weeks since she was adopted and my mother in law will not let
me see her.
What can I do ?
if anything?
I really miss my daughter and want/need to be in her life
I am in the state of pennsylvania if it helps.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Advice giver
Well what no one seemed to have thought maybe its best.

What reasons did they take your child away for?

there are reasons and this is normally because of something in or around the home or parent. to take a baby away from a mother before birth really or at birth is compelling.

maybe its best she doesnt see her for now.

the court will go for best interest of the child. And if it looks like ur just out for ur kid and don't care about proper care you will hurt further chances later in the eyes of the court not law. be careful

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Everyone is right, you need an attorney. Are you sure she is adopted and that your mother in law doesnt just have guardianship? Thats totally different. Your daughter cant be adopted until your parental rights are terminated which is at minimum 18 months.

If she were an infant and you had signed adoption papers (cps not involved) many states have a 30 day revocation period. Not sure about Penn though but this is not your situation anyway

Definately get a lawyer or public defender.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Get a lawyer right now but let me inform you that this is going to be a long court Battle and you have a chance of losing if cps took your child. try talking with this woman and I bet that she will come to her sences and let you see your child.
I'm not trying to talk you out of fighting for your child but it's been 3 years of lawyers and court fee's and heartach to watch my son fight for his son stole through adoption with out his consent. I guess i can't call it adoption because my grandson can't be adopted. So you see it's a long ordeal you would have better chance with the mother-in law. Good luck

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

In IL it is 30 days.You need a lawyer working for your rights ASAP

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Get thee to an attorney RIGHT NOW. The longer you wait the less concerned it seems you are, or will to a court. Only an attorney can help you at this point in time.

Good luck.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

the state of pennsylvania has more adoption agencies than any other state in the United States.

You need to contact joe soll at http://www.adoptioncrossroads.org
because he has a list of adoption lawyers that are first parent friendly.

SOME may SAY they're working for YOU, when infact, they're working for the Aparents, or the Agency. Penn doesn't have very friendly first parent rights.

i also want you to contact Origins IMMEDIATELY. http://www.origins-usa.org

open adoptions are NOT legally enforceable you've got to revoke in your time period thats legally given to you.

If its past your time period of revoke you're going to have to prove that you were lied to or manipulated or coerced into signing the papers. Document EVERYTHING, save EVERYTHING.

good luck!

Get in touch with http://amyadoptee.blogspot.com she has TONS of first parents fighting for their children on her blog that she can put you in touch with to help you get support from people going through exactly what you are.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Angie H
where are you at in pennsylvania? you can appeal this but your going to need a really good lawyer..YOU did have a chance of winning, you just need a lawyer to do so..You need to prove that its in the best interest of the child to be with you..DO whatever you have to, if you really want your baby you will! Please email me if you can..

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.124
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, August 3, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy