Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

 How can I put myself into a orphanage?
I am a 16 year old girl, please don’t make me explain my story but how can I get myself placed into a childrens home? I am being very, very serious......

 Looking for biological parents?
I was adopted from wichita kansas. My birth date is July 20, 1993. I have grown up in Cleveland Ohio. I know my mom has brown hair and my dad is tall. They were married before they gave me up. please ...

 Guardianship of my little brother?
I'm 20 years old, my littlest brother is 2yrs old (I have two other siblings 11 and 17 but they live with their dad, I live with my fiance), my mom recently had a stroke from a blood clot, ...

 How does wanting LGBT people to have the right to foster/adopt equate to that we want to "own" infants?
I don't understand. Anytime there is a question about it, people say that no one should have the right to another human being. Where is the correlation? Just because we want the rights to ...

 Do you think that adoptee's, nmothers or anyone else that speaks out about the realities of adoption.....?
and the fraud going on get treated like this by the adoption industry and gov't? Do you feel like a lot of Aps or Paps encourage it by either participating in it or turning a blind eye to the ...

 I want to put my self for adoption where can i do that?
am 19...

 What is a good website for me to look at for baby adoption?
At the lowest age possible to adopt a baby girl or ...

 Will a past bankruptcy effect our chances of adopting?
We had a business that went under about a year ago and we had to file bankruptcy. We kept our home and all of our cars and are now stable and back on track. Will this hurt our chances of being ...

 The AP's to my child were the only suspects.....?
in my case. A few weeks after the long drawn out adoption went thru, and it was about 8 - 9 months after I was told I couldn't see my daughter anymore, someone broke into my townhouse. I was ...

 Do you know why birth certificates are changed when someone adopts...?
from another country and lives in the USA?
Additional Details
JenniferL: Yes- one folded up copy- only! And it probably could never be replaced... without taking a very long time. I ...

 As we want to adopt a child. I want to know.....?
whether after knowing that child is a adopted child will be having same feeling for us. is he/she believe that our love is as true as we do or he/she take it in other way. I am scared may be he/she ...

 To adopt tee Is there anything your adoptive parents/foster parents could of done to make your life easier?
As a perspective adoptive parent i would like to know how to minimize the pain and separation of being adopted. My wife and i are adopting from foster care so continued contact with birth parents ...

 Adoptees/first parents, how long has it been....?
For adoptees & first parents who have been reunited...

How long have you been reunited? Do you have a relationship with your lost family member(s)? Are you still in contact?

 I never knew my dad until I was an adult...maybe you can help me? My brother doesn't like me?
Okay just so you know. I didn't know my father and I was adopted by my stepfather when I was 9. So I was only part of my mom and adopted fathers family until I was old enough to find my ...

 If someone makes a rude comment about an adoptee or first mom?
Why is it assumed by "so many" that they are APs or PAPs.

What's with all the assumptions?

It's just like assuming that just beause someone lost their child ...

 Adoption/ Visitation/ Moving to another State...Please Help!?
Ok my ex has had nothing to do with our childern in almost two years. My now Fiancee want's to adopt my boys. My ex some ho wfound out about this and is now taking me to court for visitaion. My ...

 Alright i have a question about adoption and et cetera?
alright so this person i know had a baby and the dad didnt want it at all and threatened her and it was just a mess. she gave the baby up for adoption. its been over a year and a half and now he'...

 Voluntary Termination of Parental Rights question...?
I have a friend that found out that he has a child that is from a one night stand. He is married now and has a child with his wife and one on the way... This one night stand took place while they ...

 What should I do?
I am the oldest of 4 kids(I am 13).Recently our parents told us they are adopting 3 siblings.The oldest of them is older then me so I won't be the oldest anymore.I'm not sure how to handle ...

 Have you ever placed a child for adoption?

Additional Details
Okay Sly...........Did you read The Girls That Went Away?...

Sarah W
Having my Biological dad get his rights back after adoption?
My dad let my Step dad adopt me a few years ago. However, my stepdad and me don't get along, he is very emotionally abusive. My mother has hit me on two seperate occasions, and I am desperate to leave the house. My dad has offered to let me stay with him, but my parents would have to agree. And there are still a lot of risks of my parents taking me back anytime they want.
Can You please inform me of the details of my Biological father obtaining his rights as my father, details such as time it will take?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Amber fg
Your biological father can file for an allocation of parental rights and responsibilities through the court. He would have to prove that he is still your psychological parent. Even then, your "real parents" that's right the ones whose name is on your birth certificate would have to consent to it. I bet they wont, and your bio dad would have to convince a judge with "clear and convincing evidence" that you are in danger if you remain with your parents. It's not likely!

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Your dad signed over his rights as a father when he let your step dad adopt you. If you think things are bad enough go to your local social services/family services office (or call them) and tell them the situation. They will send a case worker by and may take you from the home. Your dad would then have to re-establish his rights as your legal guardian again.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Proud Mama
Honestly the best way to get your real dad to get his rights back is to call the police on yourmom 4 hitting you...and your step-dad being abusive, you could call CYFD ( wellfare) diff names every where...they can come and talk to you with out your parents knowlage at school or whatever...make statements, tell her the situation...then your dad can go to court and present the case if CYFD hasn't already removed you from your current home...

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

If he willing signed away his right to you there is not much he can do. Unless your parents were willing to give up their rights and then your natural dad would have to legally adopt you. If you are being abused in any way please report this to an adult that you trust.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Daisey Duck
If he signed papers giving up his parental rights he has no rights. I would have to wonder on your age. Are your parents really abusive or do they just not allow you to have your own way all the time and you think if you go live with your bio father that you will have it made. If your parents don't agree with it then there is really not much he can do as he has no rights to you, he gave them up when he signed the papers and allowed your step dad to adopt you. He can try talking to an attorney but I seriously don't think he has a case.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

sounds like he lost his rights at some time and he agreed to the adoption you will have to talk w/ a lawyer to figure this out

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Very unlikely...., Your bio dad would in fact have to "adopt" you.. but your mom and step dad would have to sign off on it.. Like I said.. very unlikely.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

C Wood
If your step dad is emotionally abusive to you, you need to talk to a school counselor or school psychologist about it. You also need to tell about your mom hitting you and what you did that triggered her doing so. We can't advise you.

We also can't give you good advise because we don't know why your dad gave up his rights. That's important information you left out. So, go to a school advisor or psychologist. They have the training to deal with this.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, August 3, 2015 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy