Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

If you knew that a natural parent was contesting your adoption of your child, what would you do?

What happens when a young girl gets pregnant while in foster care?
As she is considered a ward, does that mean her baby is too? Can CPS take the baby regardless of whether or not she wishes to relinquish? Or would she be given the same options as any other young ...

A secret family member – how would you feel?
I’m curious how people would feel if they were contacted by someone claiming to be a relative who was surrendered for adoption?

How would you feel to find out about an older sibling ...

Is big foot looking for his birthmother?
two dudes say they found him and he was crying....

How do you find out if a child you gave away yrs ago is adopted or still in fostercare?
I would like to try to get my 2 step children back.
Additional Details
It never gave them away they are my husbands children from his prioir marriage I was not around they were taken ...

Can i still get a foster care check if i adopt the child?

Is it possible to become a permanent guardian to an unrelated child from foster care rather than adopt?
I have only been aware of this happening in kinship situations in my personal experience. I can not find anything about it on the internet.

Why isn't this a more promoted option for ...

Why are there not more Lula Mae Walkers the world?
this woman has adopted 10 children, and fostered countless others?

Why is adoption not more popular amongst women today?
Additional Details
i just dont understand why families ...

Adoptees do you find ways to honor your adoptive parents?
Little niceties to say thank you, I love you , I am blessed. I do....

What do you think about those who compare the process of adopting...?
to pregnancy?...

Adopton..how to tell the kids?
I have adopted 4 children and they are all under the age of 4 when would i tell them that they have been adopted, and how should i tell them ..anyone with info please answer or if there are websites ...

If CPS does not steal children for adoption then how come...?
RCMP Investigates CAS
July 3, 2008

Here is the whole report by Canada Court Watch of an investigation into Ontario children's aid by the RCMP.

RCMP National I...

What's a thoughtful gift to give a couple who just found out they are adopting?
adopting from ethiopia; not sure if boy or girl yet; process takes about a year; baby will be about 5 months old when ...

Can somebody plz take them away from her?
There is this lady on here claiming that she doesn't want her kids. She's a poor excuse for a mother. I don't know where she lives but her name is insomniac. You can find her on my ...

How did you get past your loss?
After realizing that you may never have your own children, how did you get past your loss and move on to adoption?...

I want to Adopt a child?
Help me hout with this one right now please people. I would make a good parent to them.
Additional Details
They are so cutie taking care of. Its fun watching movies and T.V. with them. F...

How would I do this? (17 year old adopting)?
My 17 year old friend may be pregnant and doesn't want the baby. She said she was going to get an abortion, but I told her I would take the baby if she carried it. She agreed. Now, I am looking ...

If someone wanted to give you money to adopt a child...?
And help pay for the first year of the child's life with you... would you accept it and adopt?
Additional Details
This loosely ties into the assistance and tax credits offered from ...

How do adopt my niece that's been in foster care for 2 yrs?
i'm a stay at home mother of 5 boys married to a very busy firefighter in california. I recently found out i had a brother that i never knew about. He told me he ahd 4 children in foster care. ...

Anyone ever gone through the adoption process..?
I am about 20 weeks preg. and really considering adoption i would just like to knw, or hear some stories from people who have giving their babies up for adoption..i just want whats best for my baby.....

baf
Do you have to take a drug test ?
Do you have to take a drug test to become a foster parent in california just wondering

Show all answers
Post your answer

Stephanie P
Rating
im sure u do! most of the foster kids were pulled out of drug homes so they better. why does it matter are u dirty? u shouldn't adopt if u are doing drugs wtf unless its weed

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

rosieposiepocket
Rating
In most cases not. And for everyone out here that is jumping all over you....stop. Do any of you drink? Well, to me that's a drug too! I smoke pot, and I have 3 kids. My kids do not suffer b/c of this....AT ALL. I do not think my kids are getting a bad start in life b/c I smoke pot. I think alcohol is WAY worse than pot!!! If you drink too much you are more likely to do something stupid than to smoke too much. Really ppl. Ever heard of someone OD'ing on pot? Or hospitalized over it? MMMM...I doubt it.

Jen
Rating
No, But you need a back round check. Criminal check, Places were you have lived for the last 10 years.

friends R gifts we give ourself
so if someone asks about a back ground check they are a criminal? a no. when we brought my daughter from hawaii to pen we had to undergo a psychological exam, a drug test, and a few misc. things like that. only because my sister had just died so the psych exam was for that, and we volunteered for the drug test i wanted his side of the family to feel at ease. but no one ever asked us to give one, so nope i guess not. i do hope you aren't asking because you want to get high and not get caught, but i know enough to know not to judge or assume anything because we have no clue what is going on in other people's lives.

Indian-vision
Firstly i am not sure. You don't if you are adopting.

Secondly i don't why every one assumes the worst immediately. I agree with another user you may concerned about some one else.

Are you ?

AdoreHim
I have no idea, but if you need to ask this question, and you are considering becoming a foster parent, I certainly hope so.

Annabelle
The fact that you are asking this question tells me that you absolutely should NOT become a foster parent. These kids need homes that are better than the ones they came out of!!

r s
Rating
out of 3 agencies I had homestudies with (one public, 1 contacted out, and the Christian one) only the Chrisitian one required the drug test....

another funny fact is I never had to get one done to be a public school teacher, but had to for the other 2 city jobs I had.... My father had to to sell insurance

makes you wonder just how messed up the social service system is...

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥ Tattoo ♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♥
Rating
what erin said,
if you are taking something that the doctor asked
then show a certificate, how ever if its serious like pot, speed, ecstacy
you may go to prison

littleJaina
Rating
Wow - I suppose in the back of my mind I always assumed you did. After all, biological parents have to have clean drug tests to get kids reunited with them.

That being said, however, I am not recalling anywhere that it actually specified that. The things I've read on home studies didn't indicate a drug test. I also don't see any specific requirement for one (at least not in Texas).

Still, I really REALLY hope that anyone who is taking charge of another person's child is giving that child the best upbringing possible. Raising them in an atmosphere where illegal drugs are done by the caretakers is not giving them the best start in life.

mr. domestic
Rating
I wouldn't jump the gun on the person asking the question. They could be asking this because they suspect another parent of using drugs........

ANY ways, I am a foster parent in SC and never had any tests done.

anastasia beaverhausen-the real1
what erin said.

Erin
I don't know but I sure hope so. Especially since you feel the need to ask this question.

Dorian
Yes, you also have to attend classes and get training and education.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, October 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy