Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Child Adoption
Legal Discussion Forum

Why aren't we the British doing more to make adoption a viable option instead of abortion?
why is it such a bad thing to give a baby up rather than abort. i think society should praise and support women who do that rather than comdeming them. it's got to be better than babies dying or ...

What are the affects that adoption has on both the child and mother?
I am doing a school paper on adoption and one thing I've yet to find on the internet is the effects that adoption has on both the biological mother and the child who is being given up for ...

In a difficult situation with my father and his wife adopting a baby, please help me if you have any knowledge
So my mother and father went through a divorce and are not exactly best buddies. My father recently told me that he and his wife are adopting a baby from another country. I do not live with them but ...

I want to adopt a baby boy but cant afford the adoption agency fees any suggestions?
I have 2 beautiful girls that I love more than anything but 7 years ago my husband and I were expecting our first son, I was 22 weeks along and found out I had a cancerous tumor growing between me ...

Adoption vs. Keeping them?
I have a question about what I should do for my twin girls. First of I am 7 monthes pregnant and turning fifteen in Feb. I was raped by a freind of the familys. I am living with a good guy named Mark ...

Why do people say they couldn't be foster parents but accept legal risk private placements of infants?
I've heard from a number of people that they couldn't be foster parents or adopt from foster care because they'd get too attached to the child, and fear letting them go. (Children ...

Is falsifying a name as serious as falsifying medical information?
In light of a previous question I would like input on falsification. Is it really that important to name the father if all the medical information on the father's side is filled in and accurate? ...

What is left to do?
For those of you that haven't seen my other questions, I'm fighting to get my baby back from a wrongful adoption. (I was lied to about my options and drug tested were falsified).I’ve done ...

Adoptees - Are you from a sealed-records state? If so...?
2 Questions. As an adult adoptee from the closed records era, would you prefer:

1) Do you want your aparents to retain a copy of your original birth certificate and other related records ...

Why do most people assume that people who adopt are infertile or "barren"?
My husband and I chose to adopt instead of having biological children. We want to give children a good home who otherwise might stay in the system and never be adopted. We didn't go the normal ...

As a First Mother, what single piece of advice would you give to a younger First Mother?
Thank you for your time:)

Additional Details
I guess she doesn't have to be younger in age, less experienced, or a newbie. You get what i mean right?...

What would you do? Conspiracy to keep bio-dad out of loop...?
Here's the situation...

Bio-mom: African-American young woman from a large city in the Midwest
Adoptive Parents: Wealthy white couple from the East Coast

No one ...

Do most women placing there children for adoption in the US understand that it's perminant?
I always assumed tha most people realize that once an adoption is finalized it is perminant, and that biological parents can't just come back years later and "undo" the adoption. H...

Is this a good idea?
Me and my husband want to adopt a child from China with him being in Iran fighting for our country. We already have a 2 year old who i delievered at home. My 2 year old is mental chanlleged. So is ...

We want to adopt a baby girl. I am sad It seems we have been waiting so long for our angel.?
Hi,

My husband and I want to adopt a baby girl. I know we have been looking for at least a year. We prefer to do a private adoption because, it is more personal. I see post from people ...

All about Adoption?
I'm adopted. I'm 18 was adopted at the age of 3. I know quite a bit about my birth history and why adopted but at the moment seeing anything related to adoption really makes me want to cry. ...

What are some good reasons to adopt a girl?
my brothers and mom would like to adopt a girl, but my dad doesn't want to. he used to be the one who wanted to, but now its mom. there are 5 people in my family: i have 2 brothers, 11 and 6, ...

If you were adopted or were a foster kid, did you change your name? If you are an AP, did you change the..?
....name of your child?...

What do i have to do to adopt a close friend of mines baby?
a close friend of mine had a baby 3 months ago and she was doing a good job taking care of him, but she used to have a problem with drugs but was clean for a long time. she took good care of the bay ...

How many of you adoptees got....?
"life long support, a college education, a wonderful wedding, and a trust fund for the grand kids"?

In a recent question, an adoptive mother answered an expectant mother and told ...

結縁 Heemei
Can you adopt your younger sister and brothers?
My friend is 27 years old, her mom just past away, she doesn't want her teen brother and 8 years old sister to go into the foster care, is she able to adopt them. Their dad left them and never came back when they're were young.

Show all answers
Post your answer

cmortality
Rating
I don't know if you can adopt your siblings, but you certianly can apply for custody.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

mea
Rating
yes,
the court looks for the closest ralitive to adopt childeren like this. just go to court house can ask child support , juevie or human service. any questions mea26mann@yahoo.com

Kim_T
Rating
Absolutely, most of the time if the adopting sibling is old enough and meets the requirements they can. You friend should meet the age requirements but I am nunsure of the financial requirements. That might be the only thing preventing her from getting custody of her younger siblings. She definately needs lo let her wishes be known and do not drag her feet.

Did her mother have a will stating who would care for her children in the event of her death? If you have children it is imperative that you have a will just in case.

wolf
Rating
She has to have a house or apartment and a stable job. She may need to go to court in order to adopt her brother and sister.

Sealsangel
Rating
As long as she is financially able to and willing to then yes.. Tell her to contact a lawyer ASAP before they go to the state

jule9104
Yes! Before the children would go to the state, any and every available family member would be contacted for adoption!!

Tammy
Rating
She can be appointed the childrens legal guardian through the courts. She has to be above the age of 18 and gainfully employeed.

The children under 18 have a court appointed lawyer/representative that should be able to give her advise..

addicted
Rating
Yes, she can adopt them because she needs to be 18 years or older and either way the kids are her siblings. She definitly has custody over them unless she has some problems that Social Services might not find safe for the kids to grow up in.

Jessica Rabbit
Rating
I am not sure about adoption but I would think if she is suitable she would have no problems. They ususally like to keep siblings together and its always best if children can be kept in the family.

I think your friend is a very brave and special person to put herself forward for this and I hope it works out for her.

Sorry I cannot be of more help. Ask your frinds to look it up on the internet for mote accurate answers

SoonIHope
I dont think that she is able to adopt them but she is able to gain guardianship of them. Since she is able to support them, she will have no problem because the court will see it as if, they are better off with her. And it really is best for them to stay with family.

adaamainks
I think so, if ur parents are dead or in jail, or abusing them.

Betsy
Rating
She would have first opportunity to care for them. She needs to contact the state and a lawyer immediately.

TotalRecipeHound
Yes, she can adopt them. She needs to contact both Social Services and a lawyer as it may be better if she is just assigned as guardian. That way, she will get the income from Social Security for the younger siblings. Social Services may actually be able to get her a lawyer specific for this purpose at low cost (or at least recommend someone).

This is not unusual. Kinship is usually considered first because children do better with relatives. Even age isn't always a factor. We had a case locally where a father murdered his wife and his 18 year old daughter became guardian for her 6 younger brothers and sisters. She gets a lot of help (both financially and emotional support) because her Mom worked for the police dept.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, October 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy