Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

How do i stop people trying to steal my car?
its off side road parking, they have tried 3 times with no luck, the police have looked and finger printed it, but they keep coming back to attempt to steat it, or they just dont like me!!!...

What's the UK's national speed limit?
I'm a new driver I always thought It was 70 but was out driving yesterday, where I was on a road where it was the NSL but everyone was doing 40
I'm just double checking really can you ...

Would different 'grades' of driving licence be better?
I've thought for a while now that there should be different grades of driving licence depending on skill and experience, with each grade allowing you to drive a more powerful car.

S...

Are teenage gilrs better drivers?
I am doing a article for my school paper, we all now that boys insurance is higher then the gilrs, but i was forced to do girls are worse drivers, anyone got any points?...

Can leaving all windows closed when parking in a sunny area cause the windows to crack?
The theory is that the sun causes the air inside to overheat and expand, increasing the air pressure inside the car until it is forced to escape through the easiest route; i.e., the windows. Any ...

What will happen if i drive at night with only one headlight?
my car got into an accident and the right side of the car has no head lights. but i will be getting off work when it is past dark.....

How much can you drink and still be safe to drive. how many pints of lager or glasses of wine for man or lady

Should there be regular driving tests for older people?
I'm classing older people as 60 +...

Why do ambulances take people from hospitals?
I went to dictionary.com. I searched Ambulance. It said that ambulances take ill or injured people to hospitals and from hospitals. I dont understand why ambulances take people from hospitals?...

Do you ever drink & drive? What would stop you?
Do you ever have one pint more than is legal to drink but think you're a good driver and don't feel too intoxicated to drive so jump in your car?

Or are you someone who doesn'...

What are those things called?
that are on motorways..they're arrow shaped and you must leave 2 between you and the car in front. they look like this: ^ and they have a funny name.

thanks x
Additional Details<...

I'm 76 and still get pissed at drivers that see my gray hair and treat me like an old doddering fuddy?
.They whiz around and act obnoxious like they're in the '500'. Am I wrong to duel with them (auto-wise) like I don't know better? I handle a tail-gater, for instance, by ...

How many car accidents have you had?
I can only think of 1 time, and it was minor....

I am scared to drive 3 months after having an accident?
Ok so i just passed my driving test in july, i go out for a drive the next day and the bloody back tyre bursts as i am going round a corner. It is a road i drive all the time and i know the road ...

I hit a parked car - couldn't find the owner?
I feel just awful. I bumped into a truck that was parked in back of me in the parking lot of my apartment complex this morning. I waited around for awhile hopeing someone would come out but no one ...

Is it silly to worry about my windshield comming in on me?
its got a big ol crack in it, its growing pretty fast, but I'm afraid the whole thing is going to come in on me, b/c I HEAR it crackling when I am going fast. Am I nuts?...

How can I protect myself at my bus stop?
I can't carry pepper-spray or anything like because I am riding the school bus and stuff like would be called a weapon and I would get kicked out of high school. I have no one to walk with. Just ...

Do you come to a complete stop at stop signs?

Why are the roads in the UK in such dis-repair?
Each year I pay £180 Road tax and for every £1 of fuel I buy the govenment had just over half.....

With that amount of revenue coming from 'Car' taxation, why do I have to ...

Driving test panic and nerves!!!!!?
I HAVE MY DRIVING TEST FOR THE 3RD TIME IN A WEEK!I AM USUALLY A REALLY GOOD DRIVER BUT ON TEST DAY I AM A COMPLETE MESS I AM SURPRISED I REMEMBER MY OWN NAME CAN ANY ONE SUGGEST SOMETHING I CAN TAKE...

Pop
Why do people drive over the speed limit?
THEY HAVE A SPEED LIMIT FOR A REASON YA NO!
Additional Details
I DONT CARE IF YOU ARE DRIVING IN THE LEFT LANE. YOU ARE PUTTING YOURSELF AND OTHERS IN DANGER.
dont be a bad citizen

Show all answers
Post your answer

DTB
Rating
DIAF.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

lizko2
Rating
I speed, a lot but other than that I honestly follow every other driving law. I do it because I like zip in and out of traffic. There's a thrill that comes with it. And I know that late at night it helps keep me up when I'm zipping in and out of cars, that way I'm more attentive.

Amanda H
People drive over the speed limit because the speed limit is usually set at an unreasonably slow pace, which is set low with expectations of people going faster. They also want to be extra cautious so they are not liable for anything/anyone. It is in fact, much safer to go with the flow of trafic. Speed Limits dont really mean much to anyone, unless they are old.

BlizzardRun07
Rating
They are more like guidelines

Also becuase "I have a need, for Speed!"

jeanjeanne
because to make up time they have lost ( too many red lights, left later than they should have,got lost) The vehicles that aren't going the speed limit should get tickets too . That's the Law!!!

TP
because the car manufacturers made a car to have high speed they should actualy make a car's highest speed to be 120km/h and not more than that otherwise people don't listen and they always wanna abuse the oppotunity they have

samiazmi
to show off, sometimes in hurry, sometimes to check their limits, depends on the circumstance they are in!

Don E
Rating
Hey Pop,I bet your a highway patrol.I have alot of respect for you guys.We all know whats right and some just want to cheat.Thanks for the reminder. No tickets since 1977.

great scott
Rating
i dont think that they are speeding
your VOLVO is stuck in second gear
and what with all that weight from the bowling club tea and scones sitting in the 3 pairs of sixty plus year old hips on the back seat maybe you should take off your big white hat whilst driving so you can see where you are going
then maybe you could turn off your headlights and drive normaly and actualy sit on the speed limit

SouthrnBelle
Rating
Their in a hurry to get to where their going?? Maybe they always wanted to be a race car driver!

Mr.Innovative.
it is nothing more then just a passion and style some people like to use it to others danger.its better to start early rather then risking your and others life.

robinbatteau
Rating
Where I live, cops actually let you go 9 miles above the limit. But at 10, they ticket you. Thats why.

?
Rating
because they are late and wherever they need to be is more important than the law or being safe.
They probably have a glove box crammed with unpaid tickets and a horn that no longer works.

my71chevynova
Rating
because the speed limit sucks and is slow. because people want to drive faster than 65 mph. get out of the fast lane if your not passing anyone

Elo Fudpucker
Your question is a good one, however the answers you have gotten so far really show the immaturity of the answerers. I guess I'm just getting old,but when I see a speed limit sign,(and the conditions permit) that is where I put my speed controll. However I don't like your comment about the cops having a low class job. The next time you get in a jam, call a crook.
.....Nuf Said

Loudmouth
Rating
Because I am allowed to .. I only speed when responding to a fire/medical emergency ....I have the lights, siren , 2-way radio ,and vehicle insurance required by law to operate my car personal vehicle as an emergency vehicle , and I have had the necessary , emergency vehicle response driving coarses along with several other drivers classes (annually) , that enables me to pose less danger to the public while speeding ,versus the danger posed by the average citizen out doing their daily routine driving below posted limits

Mickey Mouse Spears
Rating
To get where they're going faster, or to get away from other drivers (and have their own space on the road).

Halley
They aren't paying attention, they're in a hurry, or just because.

Cherry_Blossom
Rating
Big hurry to get no where

Nunoyvgvna Awi
Rating
cause they think they are saving time by speeding. but if they actually sat down and calculated the speed, time, distance and tracked it for one day. they would realize all that lead footing did nothing but save them maybe 1.5 minutes in the entire day. but it put 3 times more wear and tear on their car, used 1.9 times more gas then needed and they put themselves and others at risk almost every minute.

I base it on lack of education and lack of common sense....for I use to be a lead foot till I did the math. Now I drive with cruise control everywhere.

You know if everyone stopped speeding, just that alone.....we wouldn't have the gas prices we have today nor the gas/oil shortage that we see before us. for we waste almost 40% of what we import in lead foots and other bad driving practices.

Jadalina
My Trans Am has a speedometer that goes to 160 mph for a reason too.

I once convinced a state trooper that I really thought the I75 interstate sign was a speed limit sign telling me the limit was 75. I wasn't sure whether to be proud of my acting ability, or disgusted that he really thought I was that stupid.

I don't speed in my truck, just hit the cruise control and get there when I get there. It's a different story in a car though. ZOOM ZOOM! Where I live, it's 30 miles to the next town, and 100+ to the next city, so jacking up to 80 (speed limit is 70) saves me about 15-20 minutes on the drive.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, November 28, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy