Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

In UK the driving requirement is that a person needs to be able to read a car number plate at 67 feet....?
What does that translate into based on the metric chart, and in new zealand/australia is it the same?
ty
Additional Details
I mean what does that translate into using the metric ...

I have P205/70/R15 tires on my car and was wondering if P215/70/R15 would fit?

Questions about winter driving... Help?
Okay, so I can't seem to figure out a few things and I need to find the answers before my driver's ed test and they aren't in the book since these sheets are based off a different book....

Who else thinks accidents are not all bad?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ipl...

Can someone drive with a sticker on the rear view window?
State of Illinois, USA
A last name 7 letter that will go across the TOP of the window
Please tell me before I put it ...

How to end a persuasive essay about cell phones use while driving?
should it be ...

People in the car with a driver license?
I am 16 and hoping to get my drivers license soon. I have looked in my books and internet to find out about having people in the car after you have received your license. Like, are you aloud to ...

Laws against turning corners too fast?
In Canada, is there a limit to how fast you can legally turn a corner, or is it limitless until u lose control of the car? Also USA answers would be awesome as well....

Driving without license?
if a car is towed, and the driver had no license and the car lot gets the car out what do i have to pay please reply ...

Can I safely drive a vehicle with minor damage to the shocks?
I don't need to go far, but I damaged the shocks on my car. However, it's not really bad and I'm taking my vehicle in for repairs tomorrow.
Additional Details
I wasn'...

Which security device should I get installed on GrandVitara MT? Does gearshift locks makes sense for GV MT AWD?

What have I missed out on by never driving stick?
Up to today I have driven four types of cars. Perdua, Proton, Mercedes Benz, most reccently Ford. All were auto trans. Incuding the Perdua which I learned how to drive on in driving school (which is ...

What is the percentage of 18 to 21 year olds involved in accidents?

Residential parking ticket?
will i win if I fight it? My defense is that both parking lots at my college were full and I had no other ...

What are the laws for a 16 1/2 year old girl who just got her license (in California)?
such as the people i can drive, when i can drive...ect....

My dad is trying to teach me how to drive a stick but for some reson i get behind the wheel and like panic and?
when i go to let the clutch out slowly i freak out and let it out fast any pointers or tips that would help me? plz!! any thing at all i am desprate i just want to learn to drive god!!!!!!...

Can towing a vehicle behind a camping trailer (RV) cause damage to a vehicles suspension?
I purchased a 2007 Saturn Ion yesterday and after the paperwork was signed and I was about to leave it was disclosed that the car was towed excessively behind an RV. The people who owned the vehicle ...

Who is the head of the Highways Agency?
Hi can anyone advise me as to who is the head of the highways agency? Thank you for any help you can ...

Florida has diamond shaped pavement markings on some of the highways. What do these mean?

First driving lesson...?
im so nervous!

what do you actually do on the first lesson? and do i need to know anything?

thanks! : )...

Harry Ball
Why are deer hit by cars so often?
What makes a deer run across the road in front of a car? Is it the bright lights? Why would a deer run towards the lights? Can somebody please explain why this animal is so stupid?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Evan C
Rating
there lives suck...they are just there to be hunted....

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

jet_blackdawg
yeah they do seem quite stupid but they are the one animal that claims the most lives in the US every year. Its partially due to the overpopulation of the species and partly due to the fact that as we as humans encroach into their natural environment they are forced to cross roads to get from one food/water source to another. As far as the lights go, well what would be your natural reaction if you saw bright lights headed at you. Move of course, well most people freeze especially if its something that they are not use to coming in contact with.

UCANTCME
A couple of reasons:

* The edges of many roads have tall grass and other vegetation that deer like to eat, so they are drawn to roads

* Deer are constantly moving among different areas, and they use roads as travel corridors

* Deer escape natural predators by zigzagging--this works great for escaping coyotes and wolves, but with cars traveling in a straight line, it causes the deer to run into the cars

* Most deer collisions occur at night--deer have very good night vision which makes them sensitive to light, so they are temporarily blinded by headlights, which draws them back to the roads because they can't see in the brush

Jeronimo Rock Hopper
What makes people drive their cars through the deer's home?
I don't know, but we like building our roads through their homes. So we drive through their houses, because that's what humans do.

Captain Nemo
Rating
Its the adrenaline rush that they get from doing it but they don,t realise its going to end really badly for them. Here in Australia Kangaroos enjoy doing the same thing & Elks in Europe love doing this too!

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
No one has showed them not to play in the road.

bungee
Rating
deer can appear suddenly. If one is standing along side the road, it will watch the car but when the car gets close the deer gets scared and jumps, usually in the direction they were heading. they are not stupid, if you see one blow your horn and slow down. deer horns do not work anymore, there are so many of them and they have become part of the back ground noise now<

trojans
Deers are not stupid. They just have bad timing (at least the ones that get hit).

Vince M
Rating
Because if they were hit by snowballs, it wouldn't make the news.

Deer? What about rabbits, skunks, racoons, opossums, cats and dogs. These get hit much more often than deer.

You think the animals are stupid? Would you expect a two year old human being to behave any smarter than a deer?

Dars
Um...

They're not.

Do you really think deer are more stupid than humans? Think about it. You never hear about deers killing each other because they don't agree with what the other deer does, or that one group of deer thinks the other group of deer should be more "democratic".

People get killed on the road all the time too.

Iamme
Rating
Lights actually blind the deer, if you come up on one turn your lights off just for a brief second so that he can see where to run. There not stupid. Just blinded.

Ben Linus
Rating
People take away their natural habitat non-stop by continually expanding cities and suburbs, forcing deer to cross things like man-made roads in search of basic things we take for granted like food, water, and shelter.

Deer have a natural reflex to freeze when they're shined with bright lights at night - just like racoons and probably dozens of other wild animals also do. In the wild (without people) how many times do think a deer gets shined in the eyes in the dead of night by anything as bright as a set of halogen headlights?

As far as why they're "so stupid", deer are wild animals not people. You can't assume deer think like a person would. Deer don't just cross roads or freeze when they see headlights because they know it's dangerous and are looking for some adventure - they do what they do because they have no idea they're in danger until it's often too late.

Besides, you'd probably do lots of "stupid" things too if you had to worry about where and when your next meal might be and where each sip of water you got was coming from every minute of your life.

Mark
Rating
Deer are not stupid animals, your trying to compare them alongside human intelligence or something. Deer are wild animals and they don't understand even the basic things we do. We build roads through their habitat and push these animals into small areas of greenspace where they're bound to have a conflict with are life. Do you think a deer understands what a blinding light coming at them at 50mph is? They get terrified and often just stand in shock in the road, or the light may confuse them enough jump unintentionally in front of the car.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy