Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Seatbelts on school bus?
does your bus have them?...

Why do most cars have speedometers that go up to like 180, when you legally can't drive that fast on any road?
Like i think they should go up to the speed limit of most highways u know....

When you have a car crash, does the car always explode when you run away from it in slow-motion?

The great blinker debate.?
I need help with this question. My boyfriend doesn't use his blinker very often (it drives me nuts!!), but maybe I use mine too excessivly. Anyway, the question is, do you use your blinker in ...

Is it safe i am operating the ATM alone in the night time?

Is a Jeep Wrangler safe to have a young child strapped in the back seat?

When the Winter weather makes the roads snowy & icy, what should you do?
I had a close call today. It became icy very quickly today while I was work. I almost got involved in some nasty accidents. I fortunately escaped with only a cracked bumper cover, it could have ...

If you hit someone in a vehicle to you have to pay any out of pocket costs to geht THEIR car fixed?

Should people over 65 be required to take a road test when they renew their driving license?

How can you safely throw away old unsafe fireworks?

Additional Details
By unsafe I mean unsafe to fire....

What are the chances I will get in an accident?
I am 16 years old and am getting a fairly expensive car and am worried that I am going to crash it. I have a 4.1 gpa and am pretty responsible.
Additional Details
I don't drink or ...

True?help me?
It is permissible for you to pass on the shoulder of the road.
driver i hate it...help me ...

Are there any places on earth you can legally drive drunk?
like a closed race track or something?...

Old folks and teens driving which one is safer?

Do parents have right to curbside pickup at public school?
I was picking up my child after school today at curb on side of building. There were no busses. Within a few minutes a bus came careening into the parking lot honking wildly. I was obviously in her ...

If you are driving a manual vehicle, what gear should you shift to when crossing railroad tracks?

10 points!!!!My child is 11-years old, about 140lbs, so can he sit in the front?
he is 5 foot 6 inches. he's a big,tough guy, so can he? I think so because he's big, tall, heavy, and almost 12 years old. please help, the other car books and dmv books don't do much ...

When does the new driving law come in?..?
where you can only start driving lessons at 18?...

How do you suppress an image from your head?? please tell me.?
My boyfriend had a really bad wreck last nite. it happened right down the road from his house and i heard it happen. i was the first one to the crash and i pulled open the driver door (which was ...

Why should 18 be the minimum age to be allowed to drive?
why do you believe 18 should be a good age to be allowed to drive?...

Amber S
Who goes first at a 4-way stop?
My husband and I are having a minor disagreement. Here is the scenario: Assume there is a 4-way stop with a stop sign. There is a line of cars in all directions. Also assume that the cars DO NOT reach the stop sign at the same time but within a few seconds of each other. He says the person on the right goes first and the order of who goes continues to rotate to the right regardless of who actually gets to the stop sign first. I say whoever gets to the stop sign first goes first no matter how long the line of cars is. Which is it?

BTW, I do understand if ALL cars get there at the same time its the person on the right who goes and in that case the person to the right would go.

Show all answers
Post your answer

lacy_mali
Whomever gets there first, I believe.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

bob v
Rating
the right person goes. but alot of the times people dont know how to drive so you have to wait a few tell some one goes. the other day. the cop was on the right side of me. and duh he would not go. i had to . and there for he then went but i thought what a dope.

chris s
the person on the right of you gets the right of way...wanna be courtious..let the other person go first

UCANTCME
You may occasionally arrive at a four-way stop sign at the same time as another driver.

In such cases the driver to the right has the right of way.

However, not all drivers know this.

If someone to your left decides to go first, let them!

oklatom
Rating
First in, first out. If all 4 arrive at exactly the same moment, everyone would wait for the one on their right to go first, and eventually someone would move, then the normal counterclockwise rotation would start again.

Kelle
Rating
The first person there and then the rest go anti clockwise.

fronkkei
if you get there first, you go first...if all 4 cars get there at the same time isn't every car the car to the right?

mustanger
Rating
The person arriving first goes first. If you're there and ready to go why would you wait for everyone else to come to a complete stop?

CIvvy Civ ツ
Rating
"When two facing vehicles approach the intersection at the same time, BOTH drivers can move straight or turn right. If one driver is going straight, while the other wants to turn left, the driver that wants to turn LEFT must YIELD the right of way, and must wait until the turn can be made safely"

"When two or more vehicles reach the intersection at the same time, the car to the LEFT must YIELD the right of way"

The only time a left turning vehicle has any sort of right of way, is at a 4 way stop, where the person who gets there first, goes... and so on...
Or at a FLASHING green light...

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, November 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy