Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

How many people die from a car accident?
i want to know how many people die in car accident in ...

How to prevent moped theft?
what is the best way to lock and secure my moped????????...

How fast do you have to be going to break in half a bridge with a extended shovel arm?
A backhoe weighing 8 tons is on top of a flatbed trailer and heading east on Interstate 70 near Hays, Kansas. The extended shovel arm is made of hardened refined steel and the approaching overpass is ...

Feeling soooooooooo guilty?
ok I have a confession to make. my car door caught another car door today in a car park. thing is I didn't have anything with me to inform the parked car drivers owner of what happened so I just ...

I am looking for a first car. But my mother says that I can only get a car if it has side air bags. HELP?
I am looking for a website where I can search up different car models and see their safety ratings + if they have side air bags. Thanks....

How many children died from car accidents in 2008?

Why have cab-over semi trucks gradually vanished over the last 10 years in favor of the long nose semi trucks?
Years ago it was about a 50/50 mix. I know the cab-over is a bit more manuverable and can legally pull a longer trailer. They are also cheaper to build. So why did they become all but extinct? (...

Brake tail-lights requirement?
I was just wondering... in CA, how many brake tail lights are required..... I was under the assumtion that we only needed a minimum of 2 brake lights.. But i just recently heard from a friend that ...

Is there any way around the new driving law?
I was born on the cut-off date for driving at age 16 so now I have to wait until I'm 18 to drive. Is there any way to drive sooner?...

How much is a 21460(a) ticket when left of double yellow lines and cited extreme hazard?

Replacing a car seat after a wreck?
I was in a serious car accident and was hospitalized. I hit a concrete wall nearly head-on traveling about 75 mph. The entire front of the car was caved in, air bags deployed, windshield shattered, ...

I'm taking drivers-ed and I need help on this question..?
In what direction should you turn your wheels when parking uphill without a curb?...

How does a limo driver use their rearview mirror when the privacy screen is up?

Why don't they make Ambulances more aerodynamic?
I see it about once a week. The highway I commute on every day has a lot of high speed speeders. This is so bad, in fact, that when there's an ambulance on the highway in full lights and sirens, ...

$550 Ticket for "peeling out"?
To start out i am only 17. So i got a ticket for $550 for peeling out however it was not intentional.

let me explain: it was in the ends February so there wasn't anymore snow but it ...

If you wanted to make a vehicle with large windows but not a greenhouse effect, how would you do it?
If you wanted to make a vehicle with large windows but not a greenhouse effect, how would you do it? I'm thinking of a city bus or light rail train with lots of windows so the passengers can ...

How much weight do i have to b to sit in the front seat of a car?
i want to no if i m heavy enough to sit in the front seat. i m 75-80 lbs
--plzz help!!!...

Techniques on positioning car on road? Lane markings?
Hey guys I've just started to learn driving. For your information, steering in my country is on the right hand side.

Ok, i wanted to ask if for instance i want to keep at least 0.5m ...

Speed camera flashed me doing 60 on the A556 but I wasn't speeding?
Last night I got flashed along the A556 between the M6 heading to Northwich but I know the camera and checked my speed as I crossed the speed trap and I was traveling at 60! The limit is 60 along ...

Braking with a manual transmission?
I was wandering, I am about to get my first manual transmission car, and I am all good on everything but the breaking. Do you hold the break and the clutch and downshift all at the same time? Do you ...

big dave
What is the maximum speed an emergency vehicle can respond to an emergency?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Taz D'vil
Rating
Actually! By law, the emergency services are no more allowed to break the speed limit than you or I.

It is a common misconception that all the emergency services break the speed limit because they always seem to drive past you so fast.

In fact they just appear to be speeding because you see them overtaking slower traffic and flying through road junctions at speed.

If you were to monitor their speed with a radar gun, you would be rather surprised.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Rapid Fire
Rating
In my area emergency vehicles are, by law, required to obey the set speed limits. It has been determined that if other traffic yields the right of way (as it should) then the normal speed limit is a sufficient speed to drive at.
Police vehicles are allotted some latitude but heavier emergency vehicles are held to the speed limit for safety reasons.

nighttime_ran
Rating
As fast and safe as possible.Normally about 90 on the highway if traffic is low.

Headtater
That depends. Some areas have a graduated system. They have different levels of emergency and that limits how fast they can go. Others have a flat limit. Some big cities on the east coast has something like that ( I think Baltimore, but I'm not sure) where they can go only 10 or 20 over the posted limit. Still, most areas ask the driver to use his best judgment based on the emergency, traffic and road conditions.

The police cars in my city (Crown Victorias) have an electronic limiter set at around 125mph.

*pink*
Rating
there is no maximum speed its an emergency lol

Firecracker .
Rating
Depends on location.
Every state sets it's own traffic laws, they are NOT the same everywhere.
Where I live, an emergency vehicle (which can include private vehicles) may exceed the speed limit "so long as he does not endanger life or property".
There is no maximum speed.

Sal*UK
There is no limit - but they have to observe potential hazards and drive accordingly.

The One
Rating
Im a x London Paramedic and its all about driving with due care and attention to yourself and other road users red traffic lights are treated as give way signs.There is no speed limits for Emergency vehicles on a call.But in my opinion the police can go a little to fast.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy