Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Why can't drivers stay on their own side of the road when taking right hand bends?
Even some of the slower drivers lay their heads down formula one style and cross the line. It's bit of a wake-up call for the driver going the opther way to meet a Jean Alesi wannabe using all ...

How come most school buses don't have seat belts?

What kind [make/model] of car will best protect me in the event of an accident?
I used to love Fords. . .until I got into an accident in one. It just crumpled. The passenger's side (which wasn't hit) was pretty much destroyed. I won't even get into the driver'...

Why do people in Mississippi not use their blinkers?
My family and I took a trip to Florida and unfortunately we had to drive all the way thru Mississippi on the way there and all the way thru it (by a different route) back home. Both times we noticed ...

Using cell phones and driving , whats ur opinion. and should it be illegal?

Is this true for you? According to American research into Zodiac?
signs it has been found that Libra & Aquarians produce the worst drivers (for accidents and parking tickets ) with Gemini and Leo as the best drivers (least accidents and tickets).

Me ...

Regarding speeding fine questions. Why do people have to state the obvious?
I stated in my first question, please do not state the obvious, like don't speed etc. I know I was speeding, I know its against the law. You dont have to tell me that. Only want to know how to ...

Have you ever tried getting out of your car before taking off your seatbelt?
You know, you put the car in park, shut off the ignition, open the door to get out...and WHAM! Whoops, forgot to take off the seatbelt. Not only is this embarassing if you have passengers who start ...

Getting over driving fear? =(?
I'm 17 and I am disgustingly afraid of driving a car. I've had my permit since I was 16 but I drove for 1 month and just stopped and haven't drove ever since. I have no real reason ...

I ran over a cat in my car last night.?
It wasn't my fault. I ran out within 5 feet. I was doing 55mph on a 60 road. I hit it with both off-side wheels and killed it instantly. Why the hell do i feel so guilty? I think its the ...

The light turned red when I was in the middle of the intersection?
... and I'm pretty sure there was a camera. Can I still get a ticket even when it turned red while I was in the middle of the intersecton?...

Road rage - who was right, who was wrong?
I'm driving along a dual carriageway on the outside lane. The car that I am overtaking starts to pull out into the lane I am in so I toot my horn as he has not seen me and I am sure he would ...

Is it age or weight that?
determins wether a child should be in a full car or booster seat? if so does any one know what?
Additional Details
my child is two and is quite tall fro his age, he is the tallest in his ...

Should cell phone use be banned while driving?
I have to do a debate for school. My opinion is no, because what if there is an emergency and you dont have time to pull off the rode and stop to use the phone?...

Why do some peolpe never pull over for emergency cars?
i work for the ambulance service and going to some calls some poeple never pull over what should i do. should i record there plates....

I just had an accident where i hit a car that came off a side road to main street i was driving on. Whos wrong?
there was a line of cars either side of the road he was pulling out from and he pulled out and i cauldnt stop in time. there was damage to his front 1/4 panel and bumper.also damage to my car. we ...

“What is the world’s stupidest sings?

Predicted to be very heavy rain for my driving test, what's the chances of it being cancelled?

Seat belts and helmets?
how come you can get a ticket for not wearing a seat beat but you can ride a motorcycle with no helmet??? Its completely crazy !!!!
Additional Details
lol. not a seat beat a seat belt.....

Why do they put salt on the roads after it snows?

ajm1690
What happens when u receive 12 points on your licence is auto ban or court case ?

Show all answers
Post your answer

phoenixcookiemonster
I think it's an automatic ban now for 12 points.
They'll just summons you and the court will ban you for 12 months.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Mr Glenn
Rating
It does depend on how close together your 12 points have been, it is usually an automatic ban if you get 12 points within 3 years.
If you can demonstrate you need a car to get to work (not just for convenience - you really need it), you probably won't get a ban.

One last thing...slow down!

Leeder16v
bye bye licence

JACK BAUER
Rating
Automatic BAN and a fine....plead leaneancy with the judge to get a reduction.....might work.....NOT.

6 months and £500

oklatom
Rating
The next time you are stopped and they run your license and it comes back suspended, you get a free ride in the back of the police car, and the tow truck comes for your car.

razorbuck
In Ohio its auto, but a judge can give you work privileges, they award one hour before work and one hour after. if you are caught driving any other time you are done!

George K
You lose your licenses

Cate
Normally it would mean a ban due to totting up, however if you have a job that you will lose as a result of losing your licence, the courts may show leniency

adam s
Rating
its an automatic ban although if you can claim that you need our car or you will be out of work and for family duties and ask it to go to court then you might if your lukki end up with just a fine, try and findways that it was not your fault for your last points i,e, if you were speeding go bak 2 where you were spedinga nd try and find faults with the camera

jaykay
Automatic ban. And the courts are getting less likely to hear the argument you need the car for work etc. Cos if you've got 12 points, you ain't learning the lesson!

bronnimoose
People with 12 points at any one time on their licence are usually complete a'holes who should be banned for life. They clearly weren't fit to drive in the first place.

Alfred E. Newman
Rating
you go to court and get a 6month ban,unless you can show hardship then you may get a suspended ban.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, December 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy