Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

65 in a 45. Should I go to court and try to fight or just pay the ticket off?
I live in Fairfax, VA and I got a ticket for doing 65mph in a 45 zone. The officer did not give me reckless speeding but just speeding. I admitted to the fact that I was probably going a little ...

Have fast do you usually drive at the freeway?
i drive 75 mph to 85 mph everyday when i go to school....

What causes freeway traffic jams if there are no accidents, work, or cops?

Flying for the first time ever! What to do?
Well I am taking my first plane trip ever in a couple days and am, of course, pretty anxious about it. Flying from New York to Colorado, first in a CRJ plane (aka a puddle jumper) and then in a big A...

Is it okee to be afraid of semis???....?
I am deathly scared od semis!!! they scar the living crap out of me!??? What do i do to get rid of this?...

(For those who don't) Why don't you use a turn signal ?
Please tell me what disadvantage there could possibly be. Do you think you save battery, light bulb, slight finger energy, what? It drives me crazy.
Additional Details
Any black folks ...

Defrosting windscreens with water?
Do you defrost your windscreen with water or do you scrape it? If you use water, what temperature is it? Has anyone cracked a windscreen by defrosting it this way?
Additional Details
I�...

Are electric cars safe when you're involved in an accident?
I've been thinking of buying my first car, so that I can keep my driving skills up to par. I live in London and I'm a student, so I'm thinking of buying an electric car in order to ...

Do I have a right to appeal for my driving theory test?
I have been studying very hard for my driving test (in the run up to it, up to three hours a day). Was up to scratch with both theory and hazard perception.

However, I have great ...

Are people who insist on texting while driving showing off? or are they just plain stupid?

Do you call 911 when you drive and some maniac driver zigzags between every car in sight?
We need to do something about crazy drivers. They are injuring and killing thousands of innocent people each year. Can someone come up with a game plan here; even if it is just to save one innocent ...

How long before you got your 1st driving ticket/violation?
25 days for me, ran a red light......and now im ...

Is it sometimes hazardous to pump gas into your car in extreme hot weather?

Disabled parking where can i park?
i have to collect an 87 year old woman from a flat above a shop in a high street. The only place to park is a bus stop or the pavement. there is absolutely nowhere else to pull over. She has a ...

Was what I did wrong?
Last night I went to my girlfriend’s birthday party at an exclusive club. I got carried away and drank too much and by my responsible nature, I took a taxi home late at night.

Upon ...

While driving, when it is raining, it is very hard for me to see even during the day. Please help!?
Is it the case with everyone? And in the night time, it is double harder to see. I have to put my blinkers on, and drive at 20 at a huge risk. Is it the problem with my windshield? or vipers? All ...

Can someone tell me the best vehicle to purchase that has a third seat?

Have you been in a car accident?
Please briefly explain the road conditions, what was involved and any injuries which happened.
Additional Details
This is for educational purposes....

If you where driving...?
and someone walked out on purpose and you hit them and they died
would you go to jail?

would it matter if the person who got hit walked infront of the car on purpose or an accident?...

Any police men out there? i really need your help!!!! advice more than anything!!?
my friend got pulled over for speeding i was in the car along with a nother friend. the police man immidiatly knew he didnt speek english and started talking to him very rudely and in a bad manner. ...

moxiegirl
What does that mean when on a parking space it says "loading zone?"?
and it says like 15 min. only-usually in front of a building--Is that for like UPS and FEdex and moving truck kind of people-or does it just mean it's for reg ular people too, but you can only park there like 15 min?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Ardz
Yeah, I'd say its for the regular people too.......just as long as someones in the car to move it I suppose.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

u r s i
15 minutes for regular ppl, and it's not the company's fault if your car is damaged.

blue_eyed_blonde0611
it just means that thats where utility vehicles unload things. they only want you there 15 mins because they never know when the truck might arrive.

shufly
That is the place that you load your fire arms before getting out of your vehicle

Firecracker .
Rating
It means it's NOT a parking space.
It's a loading zone, and it's use is limited to 15 minutes.
Limited, because it interferes with traffic, or access to the building.

Fred C
Rating
It isn't a parking space, as such. You can stop there, with your car, if you actually loading or unloading goods. You cannot park there and go shopping, or for a latte.

If you are actually picking up something, say a tv set, from a shop, you are quite legal to load that tv in your car in that loading zone, in most cities, even if you do not have commercial plates. However, once that tv is loaded, you must move your vehicle. With commercial plates you can actually leave the vehicle for 10 to 20 minutes, depending on local law.
As to whether your particular city designates the zone as commercial loading only, you would have to check local law. Here is a sample wording from one city, that designates the zones as commercial, but allows non-commercial to use the zone for the designated purpose.
"all vehicles may, subject to the restrictions of the Traffic By-law, use any commercial loading zone"
There also may be passenger loading zones, where no vehicle may be left untended or parked.
"Passenger loading zones may be considered for areas or blocks where high demand for passenger loading and unloading exists. No unattended vehicles will be permitted in a passenger loading zone."

UCANTCME
LOADING ZONES ARE FOR COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LOADING AND UNLOADING.

Michael M
for commerce to deliver and receive packages or supplies for a local business.

jamestong98
Rating
Generally for loading people or cargo but if it is fronting a commercial building, it is cargo loading zone.

davideac
A loading zone is only meant to be used by commercial vehicles who are delivering something to the building in front of that zone.

beez
It's not for 'regular people,' only for commercial vehicles loading or unloading at a business.

suzb49
If it is in front of the store, it is for customers. Malls usually have loading docks in the rear for the trucks. If it is a busniness, it may be for FedEx or small delivery trucks. Hard to say for sure without knowing exactly where you mean.
Grocery stores usually are marked as a loading zone so the customers can get their cars to load groceries in. Same for Walmart, etc.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy