Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do we not have laws banning cell phone use while driving (unless a hands-free device is used)?
Even with a hands-free device, talking on the phone while driving is a distraction. But trying to drive while holding on to the phone is dangerous - to everyone on the road.

In addition ...

Is a car without anti-lock brakes any less safe or harder to drive?
My parents found me a really nice car and everything about it is great except the owner says it doesn't have anti-lock brakes. I'm a new driver and I've never driven a car without anti-...

What height should your child be before it is safe to allow them to sit in a car front seat with an airbag?

Why is stealing a car in the U.S.A called grand theft auto?
I have wondered about this for a ...

I hit a rabbit on my way to school last night. have any of you ever felt really bad driving over an animal?
i tried to get the rabbit to go in between my tires but i was drivin about 60 mph, and it's hard to control the car when it's going fast. once i heard the loud bump and saw the corpse ...

What do you do while you drive?
Do you text? talk on a cell phone? eat?
Once I saw someone reading a novel while driving.
Do you think it's dangerous, or do you think you still have control?

Also, ...

I just moved to Ohio and I have a Kansas license and I have gotten 3 speeding tickets in this month, am I ok ?
In Kansas they don't have the point system so I dont know whats going to happen, I have paid all the ...

Have you seen the deer crossing signs? How do deer know to cross at these signs?

My panty hose keep slipping how can I remedy this problem?
I have to stop and keep cinching them up because they tend to slip when I'm walking....

At a very 1st time you learn to drive....?
how did you feel?...

Are children in a car seat allowed in the front passenger seat of a car?

When is it ok to park in a handicap spot?

What to do when you get into a skid?
Doing an emergency stop in a FWD non-ABS car ussually results in a skid.....how can this be avoided?

I could pump the brakes but who would want to do that when you are hurtling towards a ...

I seem to have a problem with drifting (into other peoples lanes) while i am driving, how do I prevent this?

Do you smoke while driving?
I do. my husband and my oldest daughter also do this. the lighter doesn't work very well in my car any more so i try and light the next cig with the last cig to avoid distraction. my son gets ...

Commercial vechiels?
right i live down cudld/de/sac whitch only have 15 houses i have have a drive way but i cant get to my drive due to my next door neighbours parking out side my house also there is 4 other vans down ...

Right turn on Red with "no right turn on red sign"?
I made a right turn in a corner that has a red signal, and has a sign that says "no right turn on red". How much fine am I gonna get?
Additional Details
I'm sorry, yes I ...

What is the best 4 x 4 on the road at the moment?

Does the average driver know how many NCAP stars their car has got?

If my 15 month old child cries into the child safety seat.can i take her on to my lap during the car ride?
i think this will not illegal if during the ride baby wants to come to her mother's lap and mother will take her on her lap....

Catarina
Is it legally documented somewhere that it is wrong or dangerous to drive an automatic vehicle with both feet?
If so, where?

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
THERE IS NO LAW THAT STATES THAT IT IS ILLEGAL, IT ONLY PUTS MORE MONEY IN THE AUTO REPAIR SHOPS BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE THAT DRIVE THIS WAY BURN UP THEIR BRAKES A LOT.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Rating
i dont think so i just find it a lot easier to use one foot.

texblueskypilot
There is no good reason to use two separate feet for the gas and the brake. You don't need both at the same time so just use one foot.

Pedro S
Rating
no...some people do it.

lady
Rating
Every states driving manual says it's wrong...

radio80flyer
Use some common sense here. If you were driving belind a person who used both feet, how would you know when he is stopping? The brake lights would be on all the time. Also it wears down the brakes faster.

Miss Motor Mouth
Rating
There is no such law in the US. It is a driver's ed practical thing- if you drive with a foot resting on the brake you will do damage to your car.

dodge man
there used to be a section in the old driving manuals that told not to drive with both feet,that was like 35 years ago when i got my license,it did say to use one foot for both pedals,but i don't think its in the newer manuals,that may be where they got that from,its not a good idea to get used to driving like this,although some people drive good either way ,that may be where they got that from though,good luck.

Magley64...AM
Rating
no, just frowned upon, because then you are not prepared to drive a manual if you need to...

Scott H
It's common sense. Why wouldn't you drive with only one foot? Just because it's possible to drive with two feet doesn't make it a good idea. You only need one foot on either the gas pedal or the brake pedal at any given time. You never need one foot on each. I can't think of any possible reason to be pressing the gas and the brake simultaneously.

Fred C
Rating
It is not against the law in any place I know of, but it is a stupid thing to do, simply because, in an emergency, there is always the possibility of slamming on the brakes and giving full throttle at the same time. Don't laugh, people do it!
People who drive an auto 2-footed are also far more likely to ride the brake lightly, without realizing it, and overheat the brakes, wearing them out thousands of miles earlier.
Plus, a 2-footed auto transmission driver will have a ridiculously hard time ever learning to drive a standard transmission car.
Nobody teaches driving an auto with 2 feet for those reasons.
http://www.wikihow.com/Drive-a-Car-With-an-Automatic-Transmission
Note this manual for driver educators specifies student is to use right foot only for both gas and brake (just over halfway down page).
http://www.sasked.gov.sk.ca/docs/drivered/incarls1.html

The Mr. Pine
Where and when you take your drive test it is.

cdever5
Rating
I have both my feet and drive an automatic all the time.

Dirty D
Never heard that one but I do know riding the brakes can screw up the break pads and the rotors.

gfgayle
It is not illegal to drive with two feet.

And in response to some of the other responders, let me write this.

While driving with two feet is normally only done in a standard transmission vehicle, some people drive automatics that way. (I am one. My main car is a standard.) I have driven that way since I began driving over 40 years ago. And my brakes last longer than friends and relatives who drive with one foot. If a person is a good driver then s/he knows not to keep a foot actually ON the brake pedal. That would be just dumb. When you drive a standard with two feet do you keep your foot pressed on the clutch? No? So, why would you press the brake while driving with two feet?

I know quite a few people that 'ride the brake' when they drive with only ONE foot.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, December 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy