Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Drink driving.....?
What would you do, if a very close friend of your's, persistently drinks and drives in excess, and most of he's friends have told him to quit doing it, or he could lose he's job, or ...

Ran a red light.?
Firstly, I would just like to say that I was in the wrong for doing so and will accept any fine or punishment I may receive.
I run a red light at a pedestrian crossing last week, I have no ...

Is Florida the only state that does not require motorcyclists to wear their helmets?
I am very embarrassed to say that I live in the State of Florida. It really pisses me off (and I don't exactly know why) that they are not required to wear their helmets. A helmet to a ...

Has anybody been fined for smoking in their vehicle today?
In the new highway code out today it is illegal to smoke in any car/van etc from today. Just wondered if anyone has been ...

Ok,,, so what im hearing is, that there is no such thing as slow lane, middle lane and fast lane on a motorway
and in fact i could and maybe should be driving at 70 in the inside lane? and therefore if i want to over take the car in front, i move to the middle lane and then move back again?

i ...

Should we or should we not eliminate speed limits?
i am doing a paper on this....

How to traffic lights work?
Always wondered. I've heard SO many stories about how they manage the traffic.

- Cameras
- Sensors under the road
- Timers

Honestly, I've been curious about ...

Advice please?
I am 25 years old and have not driven a car for 4 years, I really want to get back on the road but an quite nervous. Although I passed my theory and practical first time, i never really got back ...

When you read this what does it make you think or feel?
God bless everyone who reads this for some who May thing that Hell is fake and God is not real please think it over read Matthew 24 it talk about stuff we go through now in life the bible is so real ...

How do you aviod car crashes in the snow?
i've been watching all of these videos and i know you don't break but what do you do?...

Who do i report to regarding a rock from the freeway hitting my front window?
I was driving East bound on the freeway and a rock hit the front of my car window, who do i contact to reapair my window?...

Why MUST we wear a seat belt in an enclosed car, but have CHOICE to wear a helmet on a motorcycle? Rediculous!
I'm doing a school essay and I could use some more opinions on if I make sense to argue this point across.

I just don't understand how a law to wear a seatblet could be approved ...

How can I pass my driving test?
what tips/ advice / Jedi-mind tricks etc can people give me to help fool the tester that I can be entrusted with solo control of a motor car?
Additional Details
Just to clarify; I am a PE...

Speed cam: who gets the fine+points where there are 2 people in the car and both deny being the driver?
Purely hypothetical - just wondered. Would you in effect be perjuring yourself by admitting liability if you are 100% positive you weren't behind the wheel and the other occupant also denies ...

Is it ok to sit a 4 year old child in a car seat in the front of the car?
Or is there some rule against it?
What's the safety aspect on it?

Cheers
Additional Details
In England if that makes a difference!...

Motorway Driving?
Do you think someone doing 40/50mph on a motorway is a safer driver,or someone doing 75/80.

My opinion is the person doing 75/80. WHY? because the peson doing a little over the limit is ...

What is the british law of pushing a motorbike on a footpath?
looking to pick a bike up a few miles down the road going to just push it back home but not sure on the ...

I was in a car accident, could I really be to blame because I was putting my eye drops in?
Ok so I was putting in my eye drops the other day and before I put in the other eye I check the road and noone was immediately in front of me, then some #$$$ sneaks in front of me while I am putting ...

How much is over the drink driving limit?
I usually drink stella artois which is 5.2% alcohol volume.
how many units are there in a pint of this stuff and how many units can you have before breaching the drink drive limit?
Also, if ...

How do i stop bottels from getting stuck under the break peddel?
They roll around and sometimes get stuck and i cant stop. this scares me because i think i may hit someone and dammage my truck....

Benny G
Is it legal to go 10 mph over the speed limit?
Scenario: I am driving on the freeway at 75MPH and the speed limit is 65MPH. Is that legal?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Josh
Rating
I'm 15 1/2, and I usually go like, 75-80 on the interstate (keeping up with the flow of traffic) and thats in the SLOW lane! lol its awesome! but the cops don't usually pull people over if they are going the same speed as the cars around them. Now if you dont' want to be caught speeding, keep a car infront of you (don't be the first car in a group) since their radar detecters will only hit the first car inline (but if you are on the interstate, then there will be 2 lanes, so the first cars in each lane will be able to be "hit" with the radar gun) so travel in a pack if you want to speed...

Good Luck!

PS, its not even legal to go 1 over....

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

BLONDIE
no.... if you go one mile OVER the speed limit it's illegal you're not supposed to go over....

Kiffin # 1
Well, what do you think? Of course it is not legal to do 75 in a 65; you're asking for a speeding ticket. In some places, you MAY get away with 10% over, but even that is depending upon the discretion of the police officer. I wouldn't count on the leeway to travel at 71 and a half and NEVER, ever go ten mph over the limit!!

synaptic's mommy
Rating
the rule of thumb is that they won't book you (if you're not driving dangerously) if you arn't going 10% above the limit. eg 6.5mph over a 65 mph limit = 71.5mph

But if you sideswipe them then its all over, and you'll get a speeding ticket for sure!

wesley_1971
Sure , as long as you dont get caught :P

Jay Bailey
Rating
Not in North Carolina. 6 over is illegal, however Cops dont Stop you untill your 10 over. The courts throw it out if not 10 over or better.

dodge man
Rating
no they will allow you 5 miles over ,this is common,but usually ten they will pull you over,all of this really depends on how good traffic is flowing on the free way its its moving on pretty steady usually they wont bother you,but they can ,good luck .

dj34325
No it is illegal you can only go 5 mph over the speed limit

Scott H
No, what part of speed LIMIT don't you understand? The speed limit is the maximum legal speed, not a speed suggestion.

♥Jennifer♥
N-O

Sec Educashun
It is with an X50 radar detector.

jrod
the legal speed is 65MPH. what do you think?

kippykat22
Rating
I know that people do that all the time...but you can be cited for going over the speed limit. But sometimes it is safer to keep up with the flow of traffic even if that means going over the limit a little bit.

bvail42
Rating
no its not even legal to go 51 in a 50 the police sometimes let you go 5 miles over the limit thats only becouse they want to they can still give you a ticket!

logicalgal
The posted speed limit signs usually say "maximum" at the top (at least they do here), and that's in optimum driving conditions.........and that's the legal speed limit.
Here the police USUALLY set their speed traps at about 10 over the limit, but some do set them lower.
I think that if you have to pass a vehicle, or get out of a dangerous situation by speeding up, it would be overlooked, but any speeding can get you pulled over by the police. You may get a warning letter, which goes on your file, or you may get a verbal warning, or you could get a fine. It's the police's call.

pimpjon
No, that is why it is called the speed limit. most cops don't care about 5mph over but a lot will pull you over at 10mph or more over. in my city St. Louis the fines go. from 1-5mph over its $73, from 6-10 over its $83, from 11-15 over its $108, from 16-19 over its $133, from 20-25 over its $208 and over that you have to appear in court.

portofinopost93
Rating
not it's a speed LIMIT not a speed go ten miles over

renume
Rating
I believe it "IS" actually a speed limit and not just a suggestion. The thing when your on the highway is to NOT be the fastest car in the general vicinity. If you got a ticket for 10 over,you really have no defence. GOOD LUCK.

merigold00
Rating
NO - a spped limit sign is a regulatory sign, and therefore is the law. It is never legal for you to exceed that - that is the speed limit under ideal driving conditions.

However, many states give their police officers some flexibility in deciding what they ticket, so you may not get a ticket, but it is still not legal.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, July 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy