Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Is getting in a plane crash rare??

WHAt ARE THE BLACK CORDS ON THE ROAD 4?
the two black cords on the road that are run over by all the cars and have a green box attached to ...

Does 4WD really work?
Does four wheel drive actually help in snowy/icy weather? I read the car manual, and it says that 4WD provides more traction, but some guys at work told my husband that it doesn't really make a ...

What is 2+2-2*2/2?

Does anybody think the new laws on driving whist using a mobile too lenient?
Research shows using a mobile while driving has a worse effect then alcohol shouldn't the punishment fit the crime....

Why do people have such a problem with semi trucks?
They are such a vital factor in our development and our survival of our economy,There is a increase of 150.000 trucks per year as our society grows to keep up with our supply and demand,They get cut ...

Why are women allowed to drive?
A few days ago, I sat behind a car that failed to notice the green light until it was yellow and changing to red. I knew it was a woman, and I was right....

I got banned for drinking and driving, the judge did not state that i had to retest, will i have to?

Am I the only one that actually goes the speed limit?
I always go the speed limit and if i do speed it is on accident.

It seems like everyone speeds! i cant tell you how many times i have been honked at or been given the finger for going the ...

How many passagers can you take if you have justed passed driver in the UK?
I have just passed my driving test and one of my friends have told me i can't take passenagers in the frist 6mths or something i need to know if she's lieing or if there is an limit on how ...

Why do car accidents happen??
we had an acciendent about 8 weeks ago and i lost my brother and i just wanting to kno why they ...

What do you think about the split speed limits (in some states) for trucks vs cars?
For example, Ohio is, I think, 65 for cars and 55 for trucks (except on the toll) but it Pennsylvania it is 65 for cars and trucks both. Do you feel it is more safe having the trucks going 10 mph ...

I am learning how to drive, and I am terrified of being in an accident what can I do to become a better driver
My mom and sister have been in at least six accidents (between the two of them) in the last six years. All the accidents were the other driver's fault. I am scared of getting behind the wheel ...

!!!Can PARAMEDICS Use their cell phone while they DRIVE!!!??
well today i was driving and was at a red light and noticed a paramedic ambulance next to me. I saw the man driving TALKING on a BLACKBERRY CURVE!!!(yes i even saw what phone he had)...... I thought ...

What should you do if you were to witness a wreck?
Today we were at a red light and we saw a wreck, we didnt know if we should stay or drive off, so we just left. Was that the right thing to do?...

Driving Question?
Is there a signal to let the car behind you know that their high beams are on and they are blinding you?

I have a serious case of road rage, and sometimes I want to just stop in the middle ...

Can I cross double white lines to make a right hand turn from a duel carriage way?

Who has the right away?
While I am entering the freeway on the on ramp I stay in the right lane coming on. The car that is already on the freeway is in that lane, when I enter I look over my left shoulder to make sure I do ...

How can i get people to stop parking infront of my house?
Next to my house there was a autobody shop, but it went out of buisness so i'm guessing the owner sold it to church people and now my neighborhood parking is full of cars, these people park ...

Well would you believe it?
I helped someone by giving some advice on this site, about how to drive carefully in the snow............I wish i told the bloke behind me this morning, who smashed into the back of my car!
Can&#...

PAUL T
Is it illegal to block access to a road even if not parked illegally so the emergency services cant gain Acces?
i live in a cul-de-sac and for the last month or so (god knows why) cars have been parking on both sides of the road, none are illegally parked as there are no single or double yellow lines, BUT there is not enough room between the cars for anything larger than a transit van to pass between!!! which means there is no acces for ambulance or fire engine to the 80 or so houses further on?? HELP>

Show all answers
Post your answer

don r
Rating
Get your city to post no parking on one side of the street. People live on both sides of the street so they park in front of their houses and it covers both sides. It's against the law to have two wheels on the sidewalk, so decide what to ask for. Do you want to park on the other side of the street, or in front of your own house?

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

pedro7of9
Rating
1 if you r parked legally you are parked legally.... if you're worrying you should notify fire dept and city/town/county whichever rules your burg...

Michael S
Rating
Yes, it is an offence to park in the way you describe. The vehicles causing the obstruction can be removed. I have known Fire service, to cut the handbrake cables and push cars out of the way! Failing to remove an obstruction when required by police can lead to arrest (UK).

esmerelda v
The best way to sort this is to visit your local council / contact local councilor

ribbans1980
Rating
my road is like that, most people have driveways but never use them, so everyone is always double parked and the b**terds always park over my fookin drive!

Francis7
Rating
It is illegal to obstruct or impede emergency services.Simple answer.

loves christmas lights
You may have to visit like a town hall meeting, but to push it through faster call the Fire Dept and let them know of this condition and you are concerned that if there was a fire, they would not be able to get thier truck through to those 80 homes. I would notify the PD and city hall zoning or such, and between those 3 agencies and a visit to town hall meetings you might get it pushed through faster.

katt121
Don't know about illegal but bloody stupid!

desert camel
well i can tell you one thing..if lives are at stake,say in a fire,the fire engine is ''allowed'' to move the cars.

The_Informer
Rating
check the highway code!

But if an emergency vehicle cant get up the street they have the right to have the cars moved or move them out of the way.

old know all
If they block access, they are illegally parked. A quiet word with your local police station will get them all booked one night when there's not much crime going on.

But don't worry. If you need a fire engine, Biffo will make short work of the parked cars.

Jackson P
Rating
If they are blocking access then they are illegally parked.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, July 25, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy