Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Do you think the seat belt law is a fair law that you can be stopped and ticketed? we should have got to vote?

Additional Details
i see people have mixed feelings about this question.it doesnt seem fair to me when other states like florida have a no helmet law for bikers.as for your kids being ...

Is it disrespectful to past a police cruiser in the right hand lane?

What do you do when you are being tailgated?
I just hate it when I'm being tailgated. Tonight, I had a car full of young boys, the driver on a cell phone to boot. I tried to ignore it, but I had my son in the car with me who was doing a ...

17 yrs old, on steroids for chest infection, had one drink drove, got pulled goin dwn 1 way strt, what happen?
im 17 years old im on steroid for a chest infect and last night i went to a gig and had one drink i drove home but i was driving through town and didnt know the one way system and as there was no ...

Is it irresponsible for car makers to?
produce cars available for sale to the general public that go so very fast?
Additional Details
It just sort of strck me as I was watching the 250 mph car on top gear, so haven't ...

Am I odd for prefering to drive at night?
I know most people hate driving when it is dark but I am so used to night-time driving that I feel more anxious driving in the day-time.

Is anyone else like this?

Which do ...

Why are their are so many motorbike accidents?

If you are in a car and a live wire falls across it should you stay in the car or get out?
Please dont answer if you are just guessing because i need the right answer for my science paper.
should you:
get out as fast as you can;
ask bystanders to push the car out from the ...

Can my 1989 Chevy Silverado safely tow a car trailer with a car on it?

Additional Details
Ok, it is a K1500(4x4). It has 210,000 miles on it. It has the 700R4 tranny with no cooler. I want to tow my '02 BMW 325 from North Carolina to Minnesota. About 1...

Is it illegal to wear earphones or headphones while driving a car or motorbike?
I know that some states in the US outlaw this while I am unsure of UK legislation. Anybody know the definite answer?

I never realised it could be so boring on a long bike trip, as ...

Should I pick up hitchhikers?
I always feel awful for them when I see them. Is it wrong of me to give them a lift?...

What's another word for 'the side of the road'?
I know there is one... I just can't think of it. And it's annoying me. ...

Ran over someone dont know what to do?
i driving home this morning, it was still dark, (i work as a security guard, i have night shift) and i was sort of sleepy plus i had had a couple beers with jake from work, i was driving when i took ...

Which African country do you like?

Death Penalty for Driving and Talking on the Cellphone simultaneously: Who's with me?

Do wider tires stop faster than narrower tires?

What do you think of installing a locomotive horn on my car, to blow at RUDE drivers?
I mean, the ones that cut you off within inches of your bumper, not use a turn signal, tailgate, and all that?...

Why do airplane employees tell people to put their heads between your legs in an emergency?

Additional Details
I heard it is soo your neck will snap and yoru death will be faster. Do you think this could be true. (I did hear it on Opie and Anthonoy)... :(...

Do I still full stop first before I turn right with red light traffic even if road condition is safe to go?

My car pulls to the left severly!?
tonight as i was turing a corner into a road which had black ice on i lost control at around 10mph on a right hand bend and my front left wheel went straight into the curb! all was fine until i ...

Bob B
Is it illegal for police to sit on the side of the road with all there lights out?

Show all answers
Post your answer

badmts
in ohio -yes it is not allowed,cannot say about other states

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

moparcop2003
Rating
...................no

armytao2k3
Yes and no. They become a road hazard if all their lights are out. I'd fight that one in court. However its your word against theirs. In some areas the police are required to keep their running lights on when running radar. In other smaller areas I doubt it.

Kay R
Rating
Probably not and even if it is do they usually listen to laws? I know around here police don't follow driving laws.

Johnny Speed
Rating
The rules do vary from state to state, but usually, as long as they are safely removed from traffic, they can park where they choose.

Marda
Rating
Yes it is, they need to be somewhat visable in case another car or person walk by or drive by so they don't crash into it.

Miss Tia
Uh dont know but they do what they wanna do!

fire4511
Rating
No, it is not illegal, as long as they are not in the travel lanes. Many times there is a legitimate reason for a police officer to sit on the road without lights. He may be running radar, or other speed monitoring devices, or he may be watching for a certain, wanted, vehicle. He may just be observing traffic, and knows that drivers alter their behavior when they see a police car!

It seems to me that you were caught in a speed trap, and are now looking for a loophole to get out of the ticket. Sorry, this one will not work!!!

bostonianinmo
Of course not! Why on earth would it be illegal? As long as they are not creating a road hazard by doing so, there is no reason for them to have any lights on.

The cop hiding on the median strip at night with his radar on is not creating a hazard as he's well off the roadway. Don't waste your time trying to raise that issue if you're contesting the ticket.

reichman2007
Rating
No.

bighampjr
No,

xandx2004
Rating
No but it is illegal (at least in the state of WA) for an unmarked police car to chase you. Thats what my brother said, and he is a cop.

xXxSmartGuyxXx
Yes...they have to have there parking lights on.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, September 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy