Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it safe to have a 6 yr old (44inches) sit in front seat of Pick up truck?
My husband has a Old Nissan Pickup truck. It is 1991. I am really uncomfortable with my kids riding in the front of any vehicle. There are no airbags in the passenger side, and it only has a front ...

HOW COULD YOU PROTECt YOURSELF FROM CRASHING IN A FERRARI AT HIGHT SPEEDS?

Is it illegal to drive without your headlights on in the fog/rain/night?
Since moving to Oregon, I have noticed more and more people driving in Fog, rain (common weather here) and even after dusk without their headlights on. I have heard the argument that if they can see ...

Is there anything scarier than an old lady talking on a cell phone while driving a car?

Which SUV is the safest?

Is it a bad idea to drive a black car in Texas?
Thinking about ordering a new car. Love the color black, but concerned that it would get too hot....

What should I do to help my boyfriend drive safely after our prom tomorrow night?
Ok, we are going to drive to Lake Tahoe around midnight on an interstate. It's about a 3 hour drive at normal speed. We are spending two nights together and yes we will be romantic (its a long ...

Do you think you can keep up with me?
I haven't had a man who could keep up with me for 20 yrs or ...

Are asian drivers actually bad?
A lot of people think asian drivers are extremely bad a lot of the time... Who agrees?
Additional Details
Asian as in Chinese drivers.... are they really that bad?...

How much does a child have to way, to be able to sit in the front seat of a car????

Why do truckers use coke to clean their windshields?

Can I get an Amen or something like that?
This happened to day in Randolph, MA. Question to follow in extended details...

"A man who was going to vote at an elementary school in Randolph lost control of his sport utility ...

Do you think a person is safer wearing a seatbelt or not?
I read an article where a lady died in Oklahoma b/c she was trapped in her seatbelt....

What is the law for child seats now?
I have a ten year old that is 1 meter 40 cm tall. Do I have to get one for him?...

Can someone find out who you are by your license plate?
if someone really weird sees you, and you see them checking out your license plate and memorizing it, is it possible for them to find out who you are, where you live, or who owns the car?...

In an auto accident on iced road Georgetown, Texas, how can I determine TxDOT's liability?
It was in Feb '06 and icy conditions throughout central Texas and Georgetown (as well as on the overpass where I wrecked) suddenly deteriorated. Sand and signs were put up all over town, except ...

How do you switch off airbag on the passenger side of a vauxhaull astra so I can put car seat in front?

What side of the car do you install the infant car seat?
Behind the Passenger or the Driver?...

Is colored window tint legal?
is tint that is on a car thats not black legal?
I just got a new car for my b-day an the tint was done by the previous owner in SC an dunno if its legal or if ill have to have it removed an ...

How do you keep your vehicle from getting broken into?
There have a been a lot of vehicle break ins at my work parking lot lately, and I don't know what to do. I always lock my vehicle and pull my windows shut (so do the people that are now victims)...

Rawz
I have an air con gas leak somewhere on my car is it dangerous?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Niall G
Rating
No, the modern refrigerant is called R134a, is not harmful to health and is not an explosive gas. It is also environmentally friendly unlike the old refrigerant gas R12 which was phased out from 1993.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

martin r
yes it can be get it sorted

Lacey Lottie
Rating
I Think So Best Get It Checked Out

william p
Rating
not really dangerous unless you directly inhale in concentrated forms. a small leak wont make you sick. it will make your ac not work. if this is an older car, youll probably need to get the o-rings changed. its a lot of work.

Topshopcitybeachbabe
IT CAN BE YES GET OT CHECKLED OUT WITH YOUR LOCAL DEALER

pvreditor
Rating
The typical refrigerant used in car A/C is not poisonous. However, it can suffocate you if you breathe too much of it. Some A/C systems use hydrocarbon refrigerants and these can explode on contact with a flame or spark. However, hydrocarbon refrigerants are not common -- you almost certainly have the non-flammable R134a refrigerant.

To respond to another answer, the older R-12 Freon is very non-toxic. If released directly on your skin, it can cause frostbite, but it is not otherwise toxic. In fact, it's quite inert. However, you can suffocate from too much of it, just like with R134a.

taketwo
get it checked

҉Fuzzy҉ - ҉No-Nosed҉ - ҉Chimp҉
Rating
The system doesn't really contain enough gas to cause a problem. If the entire contents of the system vented into the cockpit of the car all at once it might get uncomfortable and could go bang if you struck a match, but a regular small leak should only concern you as far as the cost of fixing it.

tich1983
yes! if its an old car and has R-12 gas its dangerous for you and the atmosphere as its a CFC based gas. The new stuff being
used is R-134a, which is a HCFC, but you still don't wanna vent it into the atmosphere if you can help it. the gas isn't flammable or explosive so no worries there, but breathing it in can mess you up.

trymeimbritish
Rating
Yeah, you may freeze.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy