Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

If you're in a vehicle going the speed of light, what happens when you turn on the headlights? ?

My truck skid during the rain, passed the white line and got a flash.?
It was raining like crazy and made my truck skid for about 10 ft long that caused my truck to pass the white line. Got a flash. Can I fight it? I wasnt speeding at all. Just very slippering street ...

Minor accident she cut me off?
she cut me off and was on her cell phone. I slammed my breaks and rear ended her. who is at fault?...

Why do people stop on top of the railroad tracks at a crossing?
There is a railroad crossing close to where I'm living. There are no arms that lower when a train comes or anything, just a stop sign. I am consistently behind drivers who drive all the way on ...

Speed monitored by aircraft?
we've all seen the signs on the road, but are there actually aircrafts that monitor our speed?...

Has anyone ever been in accident where the left turn arrow did not give enough time?
I was the driver in an accident last weekend The left turn arrow was green car behind me was going straight i turned when i was halfway through the arrow went yellow then immediatly disapeared ...

Driving stoplights with cameras?
You know the cameras on the stoplights, well when the light turns red how long does the camera take pictures? A couple seconds, a minute? And will the camera flash if it takes a picture of your car ...

In the UK what is the speed limit for B roads and A roads? Also is the central reservation on an A road....?
painted or a barrier?...

Is it hard not to get lost at a big college or university?
I'm scared I will get lost going to my classes, or in the big city, how do you find your way around? ...

How to send something to another country?
what do you do and how to do it
i wanna send 2 computer items one a webcam 2 hard drive i wanna knwo if i could send these 2 like in a box as apackage with ups i realldy dnt know how it works or ...

Whats better for the snow?
I have a 1997 Nissan pathfinder and I have 265/70/R15 regular all season tires, I am getting 31/10.5 BFG A/T KO and i was wondering which set of tire would be better for snowy/icy ...

Drifting/donuts in snow?
so i have a 1994 chevy corsica and i was wondering if i were to take it into an empty parking lot and do donuts and drift around if it would damage my car in any way?...

How do the rear tires on your car make a smooth turn?
Since the tires are on a fixed axle and they don't turn left and right, how do they make a smooth turn? I know that they turn at different speeds, but I don't understand how they follow the ...

What happened to the men in the cabin?
Two men are dead in a cabin locked from the inside out, on the tip af a snowy mountain peek. The both died from the same cause, the same time.
What happened?...

I am so nervous.. My Driving Instructor is picking me up tomorrow, what should I do? :(((?
I am 21 and cannot drive at all. He knows this. What do you think my first driving lesson will consist of. I hope he doesn't put me under the wheel especially with me not being familiar with a ...

Professional Truckers?
Can you tell me some of the pros and cons of working for big carriers like Swift and CR England?

I have already been driving truck for over 8 years but all my experience is local and in ...

Flame throwers and smoke bombs for cars....?
i have heard that in south africa one can have flame throwers fitted to a car to prevent car jackings

one cn also have a smoke generator fitted to the car so that cars following it have to ...

Cited for a failure to stop at a red light in Avondale,Az?
Hi I was wondering if anyone has any advice for me. I recieved a photo radar ticket for not making a complete stop at a red light. I was making a right hand turn without making a complete stop due to ...

What are the best snow tires?
I want snow tires for my 2001 subaru impreza outback sport and I know there relly good cars in the snow alreadt but what snow tires are the best that arnt $300 a peice thanks for your ...

Rules of the road question?
I'm at a busy intersection and im in the left turning lane, I have a green arrow and i procede through the intersection and there is a car in the opposite lane making a right hand turn, im ...

iluvlorandrory
I'm Terrified to Take My Driving Test... PLEASE Help!!?
I took my 1st driving test a few months ago and I failed due to the fact that I was so nervous. I couldn't help myself, I was just so scared! Today I am so terrified that I can't bring myself to take the test again... It makes me panic at the thought. My parents bought me a car awhile ago and now they are threatening to sell it considering I refuse to take my test again. I just don't know what to do. I have no way of controlling my nerves and I am afraid it's going to happen again. Each time you take the test it's 50 dollars and my parents are paying that, I felt bad the first and considering I have no way of controlling my nerves I don't want to waste another 50 dollars of theres. People keep telling me to go in there and know that I'm going to pass but it's not that easy. I have never been so scared of anything in my life. Its even more frustrating cause theres a lot on the line, my independence, and even my amazing car!! Someone please give me some advice, I really need it!

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
Rating
Reread the handbook...stay focus and relax and if you still cannot succeed then maybe its not the right time for you...

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

James H
Well, that really is the best way, to go in -knowing- you are going to pass, but that's not always easy.

I just went in and drove like i normally would. Do what he tells you, and you'll be fine.

Once you get it over with you get your car, and a license, which, as recently having gotten mine, about a year ago now, is totally worth it.

Ask the instructor to be patient with you, as you are very nervous, he might go a little easier.

woobegone
Rating
Wow, I can't believe people get so nervous over driving tests. You have been driving for a year now, yes? maybe even more? so what is the problem? you know how to drive...you're just doing it with someone else. Chill out, it's really not that big a deal.

My baby girl has arrived!
Rating
OMG i have my test tomorrow (my first) im so scared i cant even eat, and my heart pounds every time i think about it.
I am sooo nervous that im going to fail and its making me not want to take the test. and it costs £57.50 here which is about $110..

But im thinking like you, like my whole independence is on the line here.. if i dont pass, it seems to me like the end of the world.. and i would rather not take the test than fail.

What im trying to do is think of it as something i want, but if i dont get it theres always another chance.. That way you wont put as much pressure on yourself and it may be better on your nerves...

Other tips:
-Good nights sleep
-Plenty of water (energy drink maybe?)
-Talk to your instructor before or someone who has taken a test and that might calm your nerves.
-Talk to your examiner! he/she understands people can be nervous and will probably be very friendly and try to help calm you!

More importantly, try to think of it as something less important!... I think thats where im going wrong.. You are thinking about everything thats on the line if you fail.. and thats just going to make you more scared and nervous... So forget about that, calm down and drive as if you would without an examiner next to you..

Good luck hun!! Hope you pass :)

ISK8BMORE
Rating
Here are some tips which i found to myself to be extremely helpful:

Be prepared! The number one reason people do not pass their drive test is lack of experience. Just like any other challenging skill in life, driving takes practice, practice, and more practice. Repetition is everything, so get out their and drive as much as you can before your test day.

Be honest with yourself. You will know if you're ready for your license when you can answer yes to the following questions:
Do I know what to do in all driving situations? If there is an emergency vehicle? If the traffic lights aren't working? If a dog runs in front of your car?
Are you a defensive driver? Do you know what to do if another vehicle is about to hit you? How to deal with other bad drivers?
Can you drive without your parent's help? Or do they still have to give you driving advice, or worse yet, are they still yelling at you for mistakes you're making?
Can you drive in any traffic condition? Rush hour? Rain? Night time? Fog?
Did you pass your simulated DMV driving test given by your driving school?

Know your test area. Even if you're a good driver, chances are you'll be a little nervous on your test day. By getting comfortable with your drive test area beforehand, you can help eliminate the element of uncertainty. Drive around, see what the posted speed limits are, make turns at all the major intersections, find school zones, etc.

Know the test routine. While a licensed DMV driving school cannot show you the exact test route you will drive on your road test, they can give you a pretty good idea of what to expect. They can explain all of the skills tested by the DMV, illustrating what is and what is not included on the test. They can also demonstrate common minor violations and the automatic fails that several students encounter.

Make sure your car is up to snuff. If you choose to not to schedule a DMV test appointment through your driving school, then you are responsible for bringing a test worthy vehicle to the DMV for your test. The DMV will inspect brakes, lights, tires and other safety elements on your vehicle before allowing the test to start. If your car or truck doesn't meet the DMV standards you will be asked to leave and come back another day.

Get a good night of rest and eat breakfast. Make sure you're refreshed and ready to go on test day. The more alert you are, the better driver you'll be.

Relax and be friendly. Your DMV examiner wants you to pass the test. Don't be scared of them, they are there to give you feedback and determine if you'll be safe on the roads when you start to drive by yourself. If they don't pass you, don't take it personally - it just means you need more practice.

luvs_muziq
Hmm. I don't mean to be harsh but considering how scared you are to take your driver's test, it's probably a good thing you aren't a licensed driver yet. One aspect of being a good driver is keeping a level head in sticky driving situations.

Once you find the confidence to take your test, whether it be sooner or later, you'll be a more confident driver all around and your shiny car will still be there waiting.

How to gain this confidence you wonder? Ask yourself what's scaring you the most. For example if you're scared of failing, remember that it's not the end of the world and you can try again until you succeed. If you feel bad about your parents providing the $50 fee, find a way to come up with the money on your own. That in itself will gain you some independence. Good luck!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, September 3, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy