Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Driving question, Traffic lights?
I have a driving test on traffic lights. Basically the questions are like this:

"You have a red light with a green arrow pointing left. What does the traffic; to your left, to your ...

All season tires and winter tires?
I have two new all season tires on front wheels of my front drive car and two old summer tires on rear wheels. in this winter (Toronto,Canada), should I buy 2 winter tires to replace two new all ...

As a truck driver new to the job. does the dot really look that closely at written log sheets that you turn in

Wear your seat belt!?
I need three reason why it is important to wear your seatbelt and I only have two. Can someone give me one more!

1. Keeps you safe in case involved in a car crash
2. Keeps you from ...

What happens if you drive when your abs system stops working on your car?
Just wondering if you can continue driving without an abs brake system...loud thumping sound being heard, occasional clunking sound also....

I JUST GOT PULLED OVER!!!!!!!! : ( does a warning stays in your record?
i just got pulled over for running over a light,, well,, this is the first time i got pulled over, i just wanted to know if just a warning stays in my record, i know is a little stupid but i dont ...

Have you ever been in a traffic accident?
If you have, and can be candid about it, please describe what all happened.

Do you remember what you were doing before, during, and after the accident?...

Who is more likely to get into car accidents, man or women?
and if there are statistiks awaliable please include them....

Why doesn't anyone give turn signals anymore?
O.k...that's my beef. At least 90% of the people that I drive behind in my city do not give turn signals? Are they just brain damaged or just plain disrespectful? Can I make a citizen's ...

Where does the phrase "getting T-Boned" when referring to a side-impact auto accident come from?

Driving is this a crime?
can you get in trouble for driving around naked in your ...

Why are people incapable of seeing their own faults ?
The people I encounter always blame other people for their own failings and I am at a loss to figure out why.

I was driving down the slip road on to the motorway and moved from the left ...

Can I drive my friend's car if have bought the insurance and a valid driving license? ?
I am living in UK. For some reason, I have to drive my friend's car. The insurance coving my friends has expired. So, is it legal that I drive this car after buying an insurance only covering ...

So whats the deal with using your cell phone at a gas station?
dosnt it have to do with the cell phone radiation and somthin else? i would like some ...

My mother-in-law is 77 years old and legally blind. Howver she refuses to stop driving.?
She has a new Honda Civic. Is there anyway I can disable her car without damaging it....

Is it dangerous to drive a car that needs an oil changes?
I'm told that my car (a Mercedes C300) needs an oil change badly, but I don't have time to take it in over the next week or so, is it dangerous to drive it?...

Throwing water ballones from a car?
is it illegale what could be the consequenses
State: C...

If the speed limit is at most 70 mph why build cars that go 125?
should manufacturers limit the speed a car can go?...

What are the requirements for a child to sit in the front seat of a vehicle. Does it go by height or weight?

What is the maximum speed you have ever driven your auto mobile?

Nikki S
How to stop people from parking in front of my house?
For some reason out of all the houses on my street. everyone always parks in front of my house. and block me in my driveway. is there anyway i can get a sign or something that tells people do not park infront of m house?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Friendly Stranger..
Yes. You can put up a sign that says "No Trespassing". Basically if you want to keep your neighbors off of your property or at least keep them from parking in front of your property putting that sign up, will usually deter them from parking there. Also you could put up some sort of blockade keeping them from parking in your area. If you have something bulky to keep them from parking then they won't be able to. Also if you must call the police to let them know of the drivers that park on your property.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Turbulent Evil-Yup, it's me!
Rating
Obviously, your house doesn't look "mean" enough. You need a rottweiler, a confederate flag, and a sign that says "park here and I'll shoot you!"

lowritj
Rating
I thing you should get a sign saying beware of the dog or a better one a maxi um penalty of £100, Do not park here . You will probablley get them from Ebay :)

wrenchbender19
Rating
you really cant do anything aside from being nice and asking although if they are blocking your drive way any you can call and have the vehicle towed i had to do this last year when people parked in front of my driveway and i couldn't get out i tried finding the owner of the car but couldn't so i called the cops and they told me to have the car towed. but as long as they aren't blocking your drive way you can't do much

Princess
Rating
have their car towed...

M&M
Rating
I like the sign idea:

"Violators will be shot, survivors will be shot again."

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
You can not stop them from parking there but they can not block your drive way. Just call the police and let them handle it.

George A
Rating
If you live on a public street, there's nothing you can do about people parking in front of your house. (US- not sure if rules are the same in other countries)

All you can prevent is them blocking your driveway- by contacting the owner & having them move their car, posting signs stating- Do Not Block Driveway, or calling the police to have the vehicle ticketed and/or towed.

Another method you can try is to go to your city council, county commission or your equivalent & see if you can have yellow stripes (or what ever color is used for no parking where you live) painted on either side of your driveway to assist you in keeping vehicles from encroaching on your drive making it hard for you to see to safely pull out and to prevent them from blocking it completely. Or see if they can give you permission to paint the stripes yourself.

With the lines painted, then there is no question that the parked vehicle is in the wrong & can easily be cited.

Aussie Babe
It's actually easier that you think. I'm in Australia, so I called my local council who came and put a parking infringement notice on the car. so yeah, not sure how it works where you live, but try calling whoever is responsible for parking fines and tell them about you problem. The police might be able to do something about it too.

In Australia it is illegal to part in front of driveways, but some people do it. A friend of mine parked in front of my driveway one night while we caught a bus into town. Whe we came back a police officer was sitting behind his car and gave him a strict warning about it.

terrellfastball
Rating
In most municipalities, it is illegal for you to post signs without permission, just as it is illegal for someone to park blocking your drive. If your drive blocked, they can be ticketed. Call the police and ask if they can assist.

Or, park in front of your house yourself and force the offenders to go elsewhere.

*Oldersiter*
Rating
Here at our house we have that problem too but try asking the people who are parking their car in front of your house if they can park it somewhere else......... Maybe they will be nice if you are

Russ B
Rating
If they are blocking your driveway, call the police, have them ticketed or towed. If they are parking on the street in front of your house, there is nothing you can do, other then politely ask them to move their car for whatever reason, the street is public property.

kenbgray
If they block your driveway, call the police and they will tow them away.

Mike B
Rating
If the access to your driveway is obscured, call police and have offenders ticketed & towed.

Ryan R
Unless people are literally preventing you from accessing your driveway, you have absolutely no right to complain. You don't own the street in front of your house, nor do you have an inherent right to park there yourself.

Why people believe this, I don't know, because it doesn't make any sense.

But if you literally cannot drive in or out of your driveway, just call the police. Otherwise, mind your own business.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy