Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Would there be any problem with a 2008 Silverado 1500 Work Truck V8 long bed towing...?
a 27 ft. weighing approx. 5,000 lbs. and a 1,500 lb. trailer on a one-way trip from Ohio to Buffalo, NY? It also has a tow package and tow/haul mode switch....

2. why do the Clarence lights go dim on the trailer when the brake lights come on?
a switch
b plug
c battery fault
d ...

Can i have a Light in my grill on my car?
I have a Multi-Color LED tube on my car behind my grill. I never drive with it on, on the roads but i was wondering if i could drive with them on and not get in trouble. I was hoping to have a red ...

Is it illegal to drive with your left foot. I live in Canada.?
A friend of mine has injured his right foot. Can he drive with his left? Just curious....

What is wrong with my new trailer lights? If I turn on either turn signal both flash,?
If I turn on the flashers I get nothing. Tail lights and brake lights work fine. My truck hookup has worked fine on another trailer and this is a brand new aluma trailer. What could be the problem? ...

What is the speed limit at which European governors are set at?

Which is better home taught driving or going to the class and learning?

Why is drunk driving a problem for teenagers?
I need it for a project please help in complete ...

Under Carriage Lights?
Why are those lights illegal according to the road traffic regulations?...

I have my practical driving test in a few days, Im scared stiff! Any advice?
Im worried sick I may get the reversing parts wrong, or better still accidently go into the wrong lane on the roundabout! My instructor is adament I am ready and without the worry if the test I ...

Car crash in "Disturbia"?
Why did Shia Labeouf crash at the beginning of Disturbia. Was the person in the SUV the killer from later in the movie? The car was a volvo v70 wagon....

What is the correct psi for 185/55r15 tyres please?
they are different tyres than the manufacturers as i have just bought the ...

How much does a 21950(a)VC ticket cost in Los Angeles, CA? failing to yield to a pedestrian.?

Additional Details
The person started crossing after I crossed the intersection. What should I have done? Stop in the middle of the intersection??...

Canadian Law about driving with broken windshield?
Our windshield has a huge crack in it all the way from the passengers side to the drivers side. There are many different cracks in it.

What are the rules and the general amount that I will ...

So im taking my driving test next week?
So this week i'm taking my behind the wheel/driving test. Heh, im pretty nervous. What was your test like? Did you pass the first time?...

Where can i buy a safe?
im wundering where to buy a small metal safe for about £20($30)?...

Lack of cycle pathways?
I like the idea of wanting to ride to work/shops etc. But as a motorist, I hate cyclists being on the road ( i think roads should only be used by motor vehicles). I would like to ride to work and ...

Can you imagine the fatality of accidents when flying cars become a normal mode of transportation?

DMV road test, do they test your car before you start the test?
my car is fully functional, with inspection sticker and insurance. but my check engine light is always on, its just a minor issue with my emissions but it doesnt affect the performance of my vehicle, ...

How do you get an elderly, blind driver off the road in California?
She is in her mid 80's, is totally blind in her left eye and has macular degeneration in her right eye which takes away her center vision. She has already had two accidents in the past couple ...

Annie
How long are you supposed to wait at a red light before you can turn right?
Just for Californians please.
Is there a specific amount of time that you should be completely stopped before you can turn right, providing nothing is coming?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Hermione Granger (RA)
Rating
You only have to wait about 6 seconds. And yes, I am from California.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Dennis F
Rating
You must come to a complete stop, Even if for just a brief moment, but it must be a full stop, wheels stop turning.
Yield to any oncoming traffic or pedestrians, then prceed when safe to do so.

Buslady
Wait until it's safe, unless it says "No right on red"

JJ
make sure you look for the No Turn On Red sign, if there is none then you must come to a complete stop before driving off. make sure no one is coming, obviously. i have actually had a couple friends pulled over by bored cops because they just slowed down and drove off, they didn't perform a full stop.

Woody
Rating
There is no min. time, just "come to a complete stop", just like a stop sign

Vince M
There is no "minimum" waiting time. As long as you have come to a complete stop, you can procede with that right turn when it is safe to do so.

But, that "complete stop" has to be COMPLETE. If an officer observes any movement when the car shoud have been stopped, he may pull you over for a citation. Also, just because the officer observes that nothing is coming, he had better see that the driver was also looking for oncoming traffic. Even if the driver DOES come to a complete stop, makes his turn and it happens that there is no cross traffic, if the officer notices that the driver did not even look to see if there were other cars, the driver may get cited for driving without undue caution.

A red light is not a "no harm, no foul" situation.

Craig
No, you just have to come to a full stop.
California Vehicle Code 21453. (a) A driver facing a steady circular red signal alone shall stop at a marked limit line, but if none, before entering the crosswalk on the near side of the intersection or, if none, then before entering the intersection, and shall remain stopped until an indication to proceed is shown, except as provided in subdivision (b).
(b) Except when a sign is in place prohibiting a turn, a driver,after stopping as required by subdivision (a), facing a steady circular red signal, may turn right, or turn left from a one-way street onto a one-way street. A driver making that turn shall yield the right-of-way to pedestrians lawfully within an adjacent crosswalk and to any vehicle that has approached or is approaching so closely as to constitute an immediate hazard to the driver, and shall continue to yield the right-of-way to that vehicle until the driver can proceed with reasonable safety.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.074
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, July 28, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy