Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

***Traffic / red light camera's.....time limit?????****?
Hi,
I had just been driving on a 40mph road and found that a traffic light had just gone on amber as i was passing but as i crossed the light it became red. no flash was given by the camer but ...

Is it required to have a parking break for a saftey check?

Car crumple zones?.............?
anyone know where the car crumple zones are or what they do?

Is it ok if the oxygen room, acetylene room, batt. rm,& incinerator rm of a ship is located besides each other?
please give me some references....

Why does my car turn of while im driving?
i'll be driving out in the country and out of no where my car will just turn of. i changed so many things and the problem is still there....

Have a 08 impala, No Abs, Snow tires?
I have a company car which is an 08 Impala, I manage all of the North East, and it does not have abs, what can I do to improve my traction, Snow tires, or All Season?...

Who's in the wrong, prang while reverse parking?
i pulled up had indicator on, was reversing into angle parking when bang hit the car behind me (not parked vehicle) the car following me.
who's in the wrong?

no damage to mine ...

If the police stop someone without an MOT, what's the law?
Can they take the vehicle away? I'm going on the assumption that the MOT is only just out of date and not that the person hasnt bothered to get one for years? Or is it an on the spot fine and a ...

What is the effect of acid rain on asphalt paved roads?

Is speed limit on school zones effective only during school days and times? Or are they always enforced 24/7?

Which is the corresponding seat to s4 21,22 in our trains is it side upper or side lower or upper,middle,lower?

Can any one tell me why do vehicles like suvs have rear side concave mirrors?
friends can you tell me why do vehicles have rear side concave mirrors,i read somewhere that is for rear watching,can u get clarification for ...

Is it illegal for a minor to have unopened alcohol in the trunk?
I'm 18 but the car is registered in my mom's name. Is it illegal to have opened or unopened alcohol in the trunk since the car's registered to her name?...

Can Amtrac develop a "crumple" car to be towed between the loco and the first passenger car?
In looking at the horrific Chatsworth crash, I envisioned this idea: 1. develop a "crumple" car; a special car that is either empty and designed to crumple, or containing some sort of ...

What brand of auto tires is made in the USA?

I have a question!!!?
My friend is asking if a sopomore or grade 10 can drive to school and or to work or anywhere in california he is already turned 16 can hedrive now?...

Is this right on the school buses?
my school buses driver said sit down,or turn around.and they kids didn't listen,we were 1 mile to be home.and he call his boss.and then we went back to school.2 people got in trouble.we were at ...

Is a jeep wrangler safe for 16 year olds first car?
I'm sixteen and i consider myself a safe driver. I have a lot of experience driving trucks, but thats about it. I live in the country where there are deer all over the road, which is one of my ...

Did you ever get an answer for the fire truck speed increase? if so please share with me?

HELP CHARTER BUS COMPANYS!!!! (or DOT Trucks) ?
ok so we have a driver that says that he is not stable to drive......can he report us if we have a trip for him and asked him to go? or if we tell him to? he said he will but is not stable
A...

applextrent
How fast do you have to be going to set off an airbag in an accident?
I have a 1998 Honda Civic DX hatchback that I was just in an accident in. I believe I was traveling somewhere around 25mph when the accident occurred and my airbags went off. The front of my car is pretty smashed in, and the car is probably totaled, etc. My paranoid Mother claims you have to be going much faster than 25-mph to set off your airbags, but I'm 98% sure that is wrong. Anyone know more?

Show all answers
Post your answer

gapsusie
Rating
15mph

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

YES
Rating
Well, it is not really about speed. Your car could be not moving at all, if you were struck by another car. It is the force of impact that set off the air bags.
Is your Mother "paranoid" because of your past history?
It will be difficult to PROVE one way or the other?
During my career in auto collision repair, I have witnessed air bags deploy with just a slight bump at parking lot speeds.

You received no injury, I would be grateful.

Theatreman1
This depends on what speed you are doing. How good the airbag sensors are. What you hit. How much weight is in the car. If there are any faults with the airbag system. No one can answer this presicely.

Richard B
It's the collision which triggers the airbags, so even travelling super slowly and crashing the airbags could be triggered. It's a very good thing to have airbags.

margarita
Rating
It's not the speed that sets them off it's the impact. Be thankful that you have/had them. Hopefully you also had full coverage on your car. I was in a similar situation doing about 30 mph when someone hit me at an intersection (he did not see the two stop signs on his one way street and I had the right of way as I was coming off a ramp). He hit my front end on the driver's side. Both airbags deployed and both windows shattered. The car was written off as "totaled" because replacing the airbags would have cost $1,200 each. That did not even include the damage to my windows and front end. I had a 1999 Dodge Neon

UCANTCME
Airbags are designed to deploy only when they might be needed to prevent serious injury. In order for airbags to be effective they must deploy early in a crash; in a frontal crash this typically occurs within the first 50 milliseconds (0.05 seconds).

A vehicle's airbag control module relies on feedback from crash sensors to predict whether an event is severe enough to warrant an airbag deployment.

Frontal airbags: Frontal airbags are designed to inflate in moderate to severe frontal crashes.

Some manufacturers use different inflation thresholds depending on whether people are using their safety belts.

One threshold used by airbag designers is "must deploy" which includes a situation such as an impact into a rigid wall of 10-12 mph for unbelted occupants.

The "must deploy" threshold is slightly higher — about 16 mph — for belted occupants because the belts alone are likely to provide adequate protection up to these moderate speeds.

Frontal airbags may deploy to help protect occupants in side impacts if there is sufficient forward deceleration during the crash.

For example, if a vehicle is moving forward at the time of a side impact, frontal airbags can help prevent serious injuries.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, October 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy