Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do people drive around with their children out of the car seat?
What is up with that? Do you not care for your child? Did you know that most fatal car accidents happen near your home and even a 5 mph crash can be a fatal? Why would anyone risk their childs life?...

How do streetlights work ive been told a few different answers?
how do streetlights work ive been told there on timers ive been told there are pressure plates under the road i want a real factual answer ...

What is the legal limit?
I DO NOT drink and drive, i'm just asking this out of curiosity.
Additional Details
In the UK.

also, how much does it equate to (as in, how many drinks?)...

What is the minimum speed limit on uk motorways?

Does it really work for girls wen they get a ticket to cry and get outta it?
im not drivin yet but does it work 4 us girls 2 cry wen we get pulled over by a cop? does it get us outta a ticket?...

Should speed cameras be illegal?
I think people have the right to speed and everyone owns the road.
If police just back off a little bit then and the government just lets us drive our cars properly than control us with speed ...

Does the court takes the drivin license when u get DUI?
i have a comercial drivers lic.my first time 2 get a DUI...

Where can I buy a breathalyzer/breathalyser from ?

UK> I am applying for a LGV licence and will have a medical examination soon. Will I be screened for drugs?
I was asked to give a urine sample for a "D4" examination with my GP. This is a requirement to apply for a "C" provisional licence. Will there be a drug screening?
A...

Why do people come out of their shoes when they get hit by a car?
lol. i have always wondered that...

star if you dont know! ...

Why can't some people in Arkansas drive in the rain?
I've lived in Arkansas my entire life, and it seems that people here go crazy whenever it rains! The same thing happens when it snows, but that's more understandable, since it doesn't ...

My Chevrolet Aveo was hit head on yesterday, but the airbags did not deploy. Who do I call to report this?

In the UK, what does the word ARAF mean when it is painted on the road?
At the moment I am practising for my driving theory test, and on the hazard perception clips, I keep seeing the word ARAF painted on the road, along with the word SLOW, near speedbumps.I know what ...

Is it legal to have blue driving lights on the front of my car in the UK?

Which of the following should you do if you experience a brake failure?
A. Turn off your car
B. Downshift
C. Increase your acceleration
D. Go into a ...

Should I hand in my driving licence?
I've been driving for about 12 years. Out of interest, I'm about to take the theory test online to see how safe I am. What should I do if I fail?...

Can you get ran over by a parked car?
please explain how....

When you drive how ahead you show your turn signals?
When you drive how ahead you show your turn signals?Do you make sudden turns with or without showing turn signals?If not what do you think when you have to deal with those kind of drivers driving ...

21. Why is it that when you're driving and looking for an address, you turn the radio down? ?
Interesting phenomena......why?...

Why aren't buses required to have seatbelts?

b2009
How fast do i need to be going for my airbags to deploy?
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE

Show all answers
Post your answer

spartyon
A car can be sitting still at a stop light. If another vehicle impacts it in the right location, the airbag will deploy. The sensors are computer controlled to sense impact, not speed.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

nathan....
Rating
fast enough to blow your head off...

steplow33
You don't need to go very fast, but you need to crash head-on
with another car or onto some wall or tree at 30 -50kmph to
deploy the airbags which works effectively on impact.
I was told by those who has experienced it that they sustained
minor cuts or bruises to their faces and arms when the airbags
are fully activated during the head-on accident.
As a result, they are saved from fatal injury.

blue_eyed_southernman
Rating
only 1 mph, once your sensor is activated it will deploy

George K
12 miles per hour

onlymetx28
Rating
most airbags deploy if ya have a collison around 30-35 mph from what a mechanice had told me

Gerry M
Rating
Any time I am in the car. My airbag is always deployed. That wife of mine cannot shut up!

gittit
My boss had a head-on in a new Dodge pickup 2 years ago. Collision was so bad it cracked the engine block! No air bag deployment at all. He's rich now.

goldwing127959
Most airbags will deploy at 33 miles per hour.
You can set then off buy removeing them from the wheel and installing them wrong.

Dan S
8 to 14 miles per hour in 0.015 seconds
It doesn't matter which car you drive the standards, given above, are required for all cars sold in the US.

According to Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_bag#Triggering_conditions
"Air bags are typically designed to deploy in frontal and near-frontal collisions, which are comparable to hitting a solid barrier at approximately 8 to 14 miles per hour (mi/h) (13 to 23 km/h). Roughly speaking, a 14 mi/h (23 km/h) barrier collision is equivalent to striking a parked car of similar size across the full front of each vehicle at about 28 mi/h (45 km/h). This is because the parked car absorbs some of the energy of the crash, and is pushed by the striking vehicle.

Because air bag sensors measure deceleration, vehicle speed and damage are not good indicators of whether an air bag should have deployed. Occasionally, air bags can deploy due to the vehicle's undercarriage violently striking a low object protruding above the roadway surface. Despite the lack of visible front-end damage, high deceleration forces may occur in this type of crash, resulting in the deployment of the air bag.

Most air bags are designed to automatically deploy in the event of a vehicle fire when temperatures reach 300 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (150 to 200 °C). This safety feature helps to ensure that such temperatures do not cause an explosion of the inflator unit within the air bag module.

Today, airbag triggering algorithms are becoming much more complex. They try to reduce useless deployments (for example, at low speed, no shocks should trigger the airbag to help reduce damage to the car interior in conditions where the seat belt would be an adequate safety device) and to adapt the deployment speed to the crash conditions. The algorithms are considered as very valuable intellectual property. Experimental algorithms may take into account such factors as the weight of the occupant, the seat location, seatbelt use, and even attempt to determine if a baby seat is present.

From the onset of the crash, the entire deployment and inflation process is faster than the blink of an eye. Airbags deploy in 15 milliseconds (0.015 seconds) for high speed crashes and in 25 milliseconds for low speed crashes (0.025 seconds). Because a vehicle changes speed so fast in a crash, air bags must inflate rapidly if they are to help reduce the risk of the occupant hitting the vehicle's interior."

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, November 21, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy