Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

How many people die in car crashes a day in the U.S?

PLEASE HELP! When am i safe to drive?
I was out last night at a wedding and i was drinking so i am wondering when i am safe to drive. I had a total of approximately
3 vodkas
1 glass wine
1 vodka and orange
3 vodka ...

Is there a fixed fee for getting caught on a speed camera?
i have do do a project at school, and part of it is about speed cameras, so i thought it would be useful.
Additional Details
im in the uk, so if its in dollars or somethimg, if you know, ...

Car with no licence or tax at 16?
im 16 and have a car, what happens if i get caught, coz i have no licence, insurance or tax?...

How do you take the SkyTeam ST50 3SM 's seat off?
I've been having a little trouble and I hope someone could please help me out....

What are the consequences to society of improving the safety of SUV's (or not doing so)?

Important::what does it mean "not to pass" when there is TWO solid yellow lines while driving?
its on a test for my virtual school

i dont understend "DO NOT PASS" do not pass what?????...

How to turn left at a four-way stop?
There are cars lined up at all four stops. I see the people to my left and right go straight through, and I pull up and stop. Now, does the person across from me, who is going to go straight through, ...

I got pull over today!?
i was doing 61 in a 45 zone in GA hinesville but i have to go to court is the first time that i get a tiket since i got my driverlincense 2 years ago. so what ism ore likely to happen in court?? and ...

Does any SUV has 5 NHTSA stars for rollover?

Is it illegal.....................
is it illegal to have a baby in a 2 door car seat? do you get a ticket if you get stop?...

Is tinting your lights illegal in SC?
SMOKE TAIL LIGHTS & HEAD LIGHTS TINT COVER OVERLAY FILM.
Additional Details
SMOKE TAIL LIGHTS & HEAD LIGHTS TINT COVER OVERLAY FILM.
film does not affect the optical clarity ...

What would you like to ask?do we have to read and listen how people are killed on the road,s i am sick of it?
we live in a land of 60 to 70 million their are bound to be deaths and accidents it dose no good keep on shoving it down owe throats.people have tried to make it safe but we have reach a Point wear ...

What are ways to prevent auto theft at a shopping center?
I work security for a shopping center. We keep having a rising cause of auto theft and auto burglaries. We pretty much get support from the local police. The company that owns the mall refuses to put ...

How to tell my parents i rolled my four wheeler while they were gone?
My parents are in mexico and i rolled my four wheeler. i broke the glass covering the speedometer and a little piece of the front rack that was already a little broke. i just need advice on how to ...

What are the height and weight recommendation for front seat air bags?
My daughter is a small 12 year old and is always begging me to let her sit in the front seat of my car. I want to know when it will be safe for her to sit in the front seat....

What are windshields,steering wheel, and pedals called? like what kind of group are they?
I need to know because I'm going to start driving, and idk what some of the stuff in the car are used for....

Am I right to dislike my new driving instructor...?
I had a good few lessons last year (10-15 with some 2 hours long) and stopped at the start of December because I'm pretty sure the instructor was ripping me off with his prices and was trying to ...

When driving 40 MPH, How long does it take for you to come to a sudden full stop?

What can i do about a Lump / Bubble appearing on the face of my drivers front tyre?
It seems sinse i rolled over a large rock whilst parking my car (slowly) i have a small bulge on the face of my tyre around 1/2 inch away from the rim on my drivers side front tyre.

It is ...

countrybuddyischilli...
How does all wheel drive differ from four wheel?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Dr.Phil
Rating
All wheel drive means all four tires are used at all times. Four wheel means it usually uses two, but you can change it to use all four.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

JA12
Rating
It doesn't. It's just another fancy way of saying the same thing.

All wheel drive = 4 wheel drive.

Unless of course the vehicle doesn't have 4 wheels!

Some 4WD/AWD systems can be switched to 2WD.

hyundai_tuner
Rating
lets say your doing 75mph on a highway and rain water has collected on the right side of you lane with a AWD the on bored computer will reduce the power to the right wheels and add power to the left so you're tires don't lose traction and car doesnt loose control for that split second.
that also works on turns
making a left turn the power will be reduced on the left tires and added to the right side for a much safer and better turn.
The on bored computer constantly changes the amount of power each tire gets
Example on the left turn
FL 15% FR 85%

RL 15% RR 85%

unlike a 4WD puts out a constant 25% of power to each wheel no matter what
FL25% FR25%

RL25% RR25%

Murcie_LP640
In 2WD drive mode both function in the same manner, but in 4WD mode all-wheel evenly distributes power at the correct time to each individual wheel but four wheel provides the same constant amount of power across all four wheels. All-wheel-drive is better on a race track, 4WD is better off-road.

Adrian
2WD = Power is distributed to the front or back axel (depending if front wheel drive or rear wheel drive) evenly at a constant rate.

4WD = Power is distrubuted to both axels evenly at a constant rate.

AWD = Power is distributed at a variable rate to each individual wheel based on driving conditions, type of road, vehicle weight distribution at a corner, etc. And is calculated via a special proprietary computer.

Every car manufacturer tries to approach the calculations such a computer does differently, based on their years of reasearch in car performance. For example, Subaru is considered by some to be the "king" of All-Wheel-Drive for their special rally inspired AWD systems they put in their cars.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 1, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy