Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Why do people continue to drive with complete disregard to traffic laws?
People die everyday on the roads because of people who speed, turn/change lanes without using their signal, and just plane drive recklessly. It really pisses me off. Do you think it's our ...

Why can't you use a Mobile Phone at a petrol station?
I have never seen a spark from my mobile but blue sparks when I close the door from my finger. I have seen the guy with the tanker making the delivery on his mobile beside the main hoses from his ...

Drives like a maniac?
Okay, my dad is visiting and his car is broken so he's driving mine. I have a suspended liscence so I can't drive it. My jeep is in great condition. He drives my car like he is in a Nascar ...

Why do I always turn down the music in my car when I'm looking for a street or a house?

How do you correctly stop at stop signs if...?
How do you correctly stop at stop signs if there is no white line and they are back streets like in neighborhoods? I was taught in school and by my instructor to stop behind the stop sign, then pull ...

True or false: Backup lights and brake lights are both operated by the reverse gears. ?
True or false: Backup lights and brake lights are both operated by the reverse gears.

Bonuses:
Which of the following is not considered safety equipment?

A.
D...

What type of vechicle is the best for pulling a 22ft. travel trailer on the roads of missouri and arkansas bor
border. you know all the ups and downs in that area. some thing that wont have a hard time....

Why don't car drivers stop at the zebra crossings?
This drives me mad! Even if a car stops on one side of the road they just keep on going on the other.
Today a car stoped for me and my son and there where no other cars on the other side. Half ...

If your headlight fail at night, you should?
A) immediately move off the road
B) stop where you are
C) check you fuse box
D) drive with a ...

Why do most cars have speedometers that go up to at least 130 when you legally can't go that fast on any road?

Seat-belts for MOTORCYCLES?
How come you can ride a motorcycle, with your body just basically balancing on it, While in a car you must wear a seatbelt that holds you down?

If I have a motorcycle endorsement on my ...

When did disc brakes first appear on cars ?

Who's responsible for the final car if I bump the one in front of me and they bump the one in front of them?

Is it against the law to remove the cover over someone's car?
I have a car which I park on the street. I want to know if it is against the law for someone to remove that cover from the car, or tamper with it in any way?
Additional Details
thanks ...

Why don't people get pulled over for driving in fog or rain without any lights on?? It's very dangerous!!!
I though it was common knowledge to turn on your lights while driving in fog, or rain, or at dawn and dusk. I also thought we were all taught to do this in drivers ed. I wish the cops would pull ...

Are bus driver immune to all kind of accidents?

Is it ok to have 4 different tires with different treads as long as they are the same size?

If we have tolls on motorways will this snarl up all the minor roads?

How do people with braces eat food on a plane now?
if we cant bring aboard a toothbrush?...

What are some items (emergency) that are recommended to keep in the car??
like jumper cables, water bottles, things like that. thanks
Additional Details
ROFLMAO- first answer...ok....

Brian
How do I know the speed limit if there is no posted signs?
How do I know the speed limit if there is no posted signs? I live in Massachusetts and i just got my permit recently. Please help! Thank you

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
Massachusetts has an unique unposted limit law. If a limit is not posted outside of a thickly settled area, you are not speeding unless you exceed 50 (divided highway) or 40 (undivided) for a quarter mile. In a thickly settled area other than a school zone, exceeding 30 for an eighth of a mile is speeding.

MGL 90-1 defines: "Thickly settled or business district", the territory contiguous to any way which is built up with structures devoted to business, or the territory contiguous to any way where the dwelling houses are situated at such distances as will average less than two hundred feet between them for a distance of a quarter of a mile or over.

Residential 25mph.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

woody s
Rating
unposted speed limits aren't the same everywhere, but most states follow these guidelines....
residential area, 2 lane - 25 mph
non-residential with turn lane - 35 mph
undivided(no median or barrier) 4 lane - 45 mph
divided 4 lane - 60 mph
2 lane hwy, within city limits - 45 mph
2 lane hwy, rural - 55 mph

chapcasey
Rating
Go to your DMV and get a book, but you should've already read that in a book if you've got a permit.
Wow y'all are saying 55-65 on Interstates. lol In Texas interstates are usually 80 in day 70 in night. lol But everybody goes 85.

Brandon H
Rating
easy!
Residential (houses, people living) is 25mph if not less.

Business (anywhere where there are shops, restaurants, basically any place of business) is 35mph.

Random roads (anyback or country roads, any long stretch of roads that fill into neither category of business or residential) is 45mph.

Freeway/highway tends to be around 65mph and 55 for trucks or autos with trailers.

snowboarder
small neighbor hoods 25 under back roads 45 under city roads 35 under freeway 60. they have a general speed limits on what types of roads in they driver licenses book (free at any DMV) they will let you know for sure for your area maybe you should read the book.

Carman Nguyen
Rating
Read the state's driver manual,where you learn to get your permit,it says in there,local,main street and highway speed limits.

Nae
Try your states' website. It should be www.massachusetts.gov or something. I live in Michigan, and I know we have 'general' speed limits, like 45 on basic main roads, 25 in subdivisions, etc.

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
Try reading your drivers book again it will tell you.

Hellboy23
Most small neighborhood roads are 25-30 mph. School Zones usually are 15mph when the schools are letting out. Most inster-state highways are 55-60 and most major roads are between 35-45mph. Just stay a little bit below what you think it is and you should be fine. Don't draw attention to yourself by mashing down on the gas and revving your motor loud while driving. Obviously use common sense.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Saturday, November 22, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy