Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Minor car accident happened, motorcycle driving between cars on dotted yellow line, whose at fault?
I was driving on a two-lane crowded street yesterday morning, and used my right directional signal to move over to the right lane. I was going approximately 10 MPH and there was clearance in the ...

Permitttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
okay so im taking the MA permit test tomorrow, i took it wednesday and failed. but i didnt study for like a month before that, my mom just drove to the dmv and said ur taking the test. ( i knew i ...

Getting Up On Roof Help? LOL.?
I wanna get up on my roof for the summer time!
But idk how. When I get a ladder to go up, it seems too high up, and I get freaked out. How do you guys get up on your roof?...

How does a tire sensor work on an automobile?
Cars now haqve an indicator when tire pressure is ...

What is considered a bad tire?
I had got 2 used tires from this place not too long ago.After I put them on my car starts bumping.I know my car needs an alignment but it shoudnt be bumping like it was.Later,my mom had a blow out.A...

Are tinting tail lights and head lights illegal in georgia?

How to do a emergency roadside stop?

Taxi Crash Question.?
If Your a passenger in a taxi ride, and the taxi crashes, and you get hurt, can you sue the driver?...

Just ...

Driver's License Problem?
Okay I'm 17 years old, I got my learner's permit in August of 2007, right now it's December of 2008 and I still don't have my full license.It expires in August of 2009.All my ...

Just started driving
I'm going to be sixteen in about a week and I've had my temps since May. My mom just took me out driving for the first time on sunday and I circled around a school parking lot across my ...

Where can I find winter weather auto accidents statistics?
I am trying to find the amount of auto related accidents and deaths in the us due to winter weather. Can any one tell me where I might look. I have been trying many different searches but no real ...

What is eco driving????
i have to write an essay about eco dricing and i dont know what to write, wanna give me some ...

SEAT BELT TICKET. WHAT HAS TO BE FILLED OUT ON TICKET?
WHAT CAN BE LEFT BLANK? DOES IT DEPEND ON COUNTY OR CITY?
Additional Details
WHAT IS REQIRED BY THE OFFICER TO FILL OUT BY LAW. WHAT MAY BE LEFT BLANK....

How high do you think your possibilities of having a freakish accident if you are a careless driver?
I need answers to put in an essay that i'm writing about possibilities....

Can someone Please help me?
i need info on Toyota Sequoia ,Dodge Durango,Nissan Pathfinder 2006-2008 models, reviews gas mileage,performance,etc....

When a near miss collision occurs at T-intersection...?
...both have no markings or lights. Which driver is at fault?

A) The driver on the main road, driving the speed limit or,

B) The driver turning onto the main road from a ...

Which do you think is the best/ safest for winter driving in Calgary, an AWD, 4WD or a normal Front Wheel Driv?
I've never experienced driving other than a front wheel drive. But I think front wheel drive is OK
I'm planning of buying a new car that is very good in winter....

Fake safety ratings on 2009 VW bugs?!?!?
i drive a brand new 2009 VW bug--
im the first owner..
&& i recently got T-boned directly in the drivers door.
the car has normal airbags as well as side impact airbags.

Is the Malfunction indicator a risk while driving?

Help! ~ How would you handle a emergency driving situation?
like what would you do if a child,elder,etc went in front of your vehicle ?
or if what did you do in a personal driving emergency situation ~
answer please ^^ thankies :D...

CR
Drove with emergency break on by accident?
Hi, today i accidentally left my emergency brake on, as i was leaving a friends house, and i drove about 5 miles with it on. What problems will this cause. Everything seemed fine with the breaks after, but i am worried i might have messed up the breaks bad. Will my car be ok. This is the first time, this has ever happened.

Show all answers
Post your answer

texaswildman
Rating
yes you will be ok. if your car is automatic you don't need it. and see if you can adjust the emergency brake cable asap.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

krazybob613
The E-Brake only applies the rear brakes at about 15 % of normal braking force - In 5 miles you might have gotten the drums good and warm and put 1 or 2 % of excess wear on the shoes but you did not create any serious damage.

Victor
Rating
this happens...although its not good to heat up your breaks your car shuld be fine... worst thing that could have happened....your car could have cought on fire....worst thing that may have happened in your case is it cost you more fuel to get where you were going...if your car stops fine I wouldn't worry. drive safley.

Big Bruce
Rating
You may have overheated the rear brakes, or maybe not.

If you did, it may have damaged the rear drums or rotors, and maybe the rear brake shoes.
The entire purpose of a parking brake is to keep the vehicle from moving at all until you release it.

If you apply it properly, you can't go anywhere without a great lot of effort. If you don't apply it properly, then it doesn't do any good, other than as a procedural step in parking.Many cars have an "idiot light" to warn you that your brake system in not in 'normal' driving configuration.

kenbgray
Rating
Everyone at one time or another does that. No big deal. Stop your car and put the emergency brake on and then see if it still holds.

sunflower
Rating
If you know someone who can check your brakes for you, it might be a good idea to ask. My mom once drove my car with the e brake still engaged, and the rotars got warped and needed to be replaced.

john
Nothing bad will happen, you just wore down your brakes so you will have to replace them sooner than if you didn't leave the E-brake on.
Don't worry lots of people have done this

SharpGuy
The e brake simply applies the Rear brakes on the car. You might have caused a weeks worth of wear on it, but a week isn't too bad cuz the rear pads last a long time anyways (I usually have to change the back pad every other time i change the front ones. I wouldn't give it a second thought

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, September 19, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy