Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Driving age... should it go up or go down or perfect the age it is..?

If you are a driver for a school bus company is it legal to talk and drive that vehicle?
I found a driver that was talking on the cell phone driving a school bus....

Test for LEARNERS LICENSE?
I am about to the DMV to get my learners license.I am just wandering, is it hard???...

For tire pressure, is it better to go by what's on the tire or on the car? I keep hearing different things.
My tires say 35 psi, my car says 32. My husband's tires say 44 psi, his car says 32 (which I think is a little low for what it says on his tires). Any info would be greatly appreciated!...

What do you think about getting the driver's lisense at 16?

Im afraid of flying and i dont believe its safer then driving cuz there are alot more cars then airplanes.?
just need help to get rid of my fear of flying and i hate the turbulance and even worse im afraid of heights.theres alot more car accidents then airplane crashes cuz theres alot more cars then planes ...

What makes the brake lights turn on on a car?
im taking driving lessons and always notice at traffic light when other cars are stationary wiating for the lights to change their cars brake lights are on, my teacher told me to put my hand brake up ...

How is drafting a big rig dangerous?
Saw this on Mythbusters, and they kept saying how dangerous it is. I don't see how doing that is any more dangerous than being behind an SUV. If anything it is less dangerous, as long as you�...

Why the speedometers are not turn when the vehicle is reverse?

If you back up and you hit the car behind you...and you have others in the car and you hit and run...?
are the others at fault?...

How to increase my cars accelaration?
I have a 93 audi with a v8 engine its 2.8 liter and when I press the gas it doesn't take of very well. When I was in my auto core class I seen my spark plugs was rusty will new spark plugs make ...

Can you use kerosene in a car`s gas tank?

Her suggestion worked. What was it?
A trucker wants to drive under a bridge but finds that his rig is an inch higher than the bridge's clearance. The frustrated driver pulls to the side of the road and is checking maps to find his ...

Why is it the idiots who speed down the highway do so in the slow lane?
Do they think they will not get a ticket in the right hand lane, do they really think the cops are that stupid that they do not check radar in the right lane. I mean here in Cincinnati you see ...

Hitting curb while parallel parking in driving test?
In a few days I'm taking my driving test (in New York). Does anyone know if it is an automatic fail if you hit the curb, or is it just a point deduction? Any idea of how many points?...

Can you get into the airport parking lot without a gas cap?
Ours fell off a while ago and we haven't attached it back on.
So is it safe to go into the airport ?...

Why do new drivers crash?
i am 16, and getting ready to buy my first car...studies show 80 percent of new drivers wreck their first car, even if its just a fender bender...i was wondering if thats because of distractions such ...

Does the bus driver realise he just mashed my mini?

Do you have any good advice for an up-and-coming driver?
I'm really excited to start driving soon, so if any of you have advice for up-and-coming drivers, please tell me!

thanks!...

Teach wife to drive manual?
I know this sounds bad, but i'm afraid to teach my wife to drive manual on my car. I'm afraid she might grind the gears or something could break. Is it bad to grind the gears once or maybe ...

Tina M
Do kids need to be in a carseat while driving in an RV???
Just wondering, Iam not even sure if RV's have seat belts?

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
Rating
YES AND READ...............

1. BEFORE YOUR FIRST BIRTHDAY LESS THAN 20 POUNDS REAR-FACING INFANT-ONLY CAR SEAT OR CONVERTIBLE SEAT USED IN REAR-FACING POSITION, SECURED IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR.

2. 20–35 POUNDS CONVERTIBLE SEAT USED IN REAR-FACING POSITION, SECURED IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR. LOOK FOR A CHILD SAFETY SEAT THAT IS RECOMMENDED FOR HEAVIER INFANTS.

3. WHEN YOU ARE 1, 2, 3, AND 4 20–40 POUNDS FACE FORWARD IN A CONVERTIBLE SEAT OR A FORWARD-FACING-ONLY SEAT OR HIGH-BACK BOOSTER/HARNESS IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR.

4. WHEN YOU ARE 4, 5, 6, 7, OR 8 LESS THAN 4’9” (57 INCHES) TALL BELT-POSITIONING BOOSTER SEAT (NO BACK) OR HIGH-BACK BELT-POSITIONING BOOSTER SEAT IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR.

5. WHEN YOU ARE 8, 9, 10, 11, OR 12 MORE THAN 4’9” (57 INCHES) TALL MAY USE AN ADULT SEATBELT, BUT MUST KEEP YOUR BACK AGAINST THE SEAT BACK, YOUR KNEES BENT OVER THE EDGE OF THE SEAT, AND YOUR FEET FLAT ON THE FLOOR IN THE BACK SEAT OF THE CAR.

6. WHEN YOU ARE MORE THAN 12 YEARS OLD MORE THAN 4’9” (57 INCHES) TALL MAY SIT IN THE FRONT PASSENGER SEAT OF THE CAR WITH AN ADULT SEATBELT.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Adam the Engineer
Rating
An RV is heavy enough that it would probably be ok for kids to run loose unless you hit a brick wall. However, the law would varry from state to state. Call your state patrol to know for certain. Try to call the state patrol directly and avoid dialing 911. If you must dial 911 tell them right away that it is not an emergency call.

Of course, if seatbelts are an option they are always recommended. But, this wieght theory is the same reason that wrong or right buses often do not have seat belts.

iccleanne
Children under 8 should always be in a seat belt, and should legally be on a child seat. If not all the seats don't have belts, don't use those seats.

Frank F
Rating
When we were considering renting an RV last year, and were planning on installing carseats in them, we learned that the bench seats are attached to a plywood base. This is different than in a regular car, which has the seat anchored into the body of the car. In a crash, the entire bench seat is not as stable as a solidly anchored seat in a passenger vehicle.

RV's are a bit different than cars. I don't know what you SHOULD do, but I think you shouldn't put the kids in a carseat that is attached to a flimsy seat.

(cici)
Rating
a child that is under 8 should.

2cutekiddos
One, you cannot put a carseat in a RV b/c the carseat manufacturer doesn't allow them to be put in "sideways". Secondly, where the seatbelts are on those seats, they are not into the frame of the RV...they are usually in a piece of wood which is not safe at all. The safest place for a child to travel, if there is just one in a carseat is in the front seat. Sounds weird, but those seatbelts are in the frame of the RV. I, personally, would have someone follow the RV with the kids in their carseats in the vehicle.

The Mr. Pine
Only when they are in the front seats at the windshield area for all.

bubblelator
Rating
Any motor vehicle that they are required to use them, means you are required to use them. Didn't you see what happened to "Lucy" when she tried to cook while "Ricky" was driving the trailer? Everyone has to be strapped in!!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy