Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

In florida its a law you must wear seatbelts but you can ride a motorcycle without a helmet is this ludicriss?

Number of people killed by drinking and driving?

Should I really use the side mirror?
I often fold my side mirror. Is there any need to use it more than the rear view mirror?...

Have you ever noticed some drivers never use the turn signals that when changing lanes?
Have you ever noticed some drivers never use the turn signals that when changing lanes or make a right hand turn from the left hand lane?...

Why do people drive at 40mph on the M60 even when it is clear?
I really hate this road, especially where it joins the M62 westbound.
Additional Details
Coffee nut - the M60 is in England, so I hope the slow traffic stays on the LEFT...

Montreal Cab Driver... Should I Report Him?
I was taking a cab to the train station in Montreal to come home for Thanksgiving. I've taken cabs before, and had no problems, but this one was different. He was very persistent in hitting on ...

Who has the right of way?
I'm at a red light, needing to make a right turn into a three lane road.

There is a green arrow opposite me for people to turn into a three lane road.

I see no cars in my ...

I got caught twice in a night by speed camera. what are the effects on me ? i only have 6 points on my driving
i m not really sure the first flash applied to me but then i was on a 40 mph lane and must have been around 43 then got flashed. my navigator system sent me elsewhere that i had to spend the whole ...

So am I idiotic for doing this?
No matter how hard I try to not put a dent in a car I manage to do so. Ok so I admit the first 4 times I was a teen and was careless. Now; however, I am beggining to worry. I had this car for over ...

How to handle car fire?

How long does it take to eliminate points obtained due to speeding;ie doing 61mph in a 50mph zone?

Does an e-brake slide hurt your car that bad?
My friend thinks that it will totally kill your car while I say that it is only bad for your tires and and is the equivalent of locking up your rear tires in a car without abs. Now we both have ...

How many countries drive on the lefthand side of the road?

Where is the best place to buy car seats for my daughter?

Can just ONE PERSON who smokes or uses a cell phone while driving tell me:?
why on Earth can't you at least wait until the car has stopped to light the cigarette or dial the phone? I jump 10 feet every time I see someone bearing down on me with their eyes on their ...

Are you for or against the ban on cell phones while driving?
I live in Ontario, Canada, and it looks like they're finally going to push this bill through to ban cell phones while driving. Where I can understand how texting is very dangerous while driving ...

Do cars feel pain when they crash?

What is your opinion of what the number 1 rule of gun safety is?

What are your driving pet Peeves?
Mine is not signaling when you want to turn and when people that are behind me drive to close....

Speed limit... Which one is the right one?
When traveling on a road that has a white state posted speed limit sign of 45 then a few yards down there is a sign that has "must observe state warning signs" then a few yards down another ...

Jacob
Did someone stuck a nail/screw on my tire?
This morning I found what appears to be a screw stuck on my back tire, it could be nothing, but the surface of the tire where it is stuck or "nailed", doesn't really make much contact with the street surface or debris (kind of like in the angle or curve of the tire).
Other suspiscious matter is that it is nailed all the way in!, and very neatly done, in other words it looks like somone nailed it on purpouse.
I should also add that I just got a new job, a well-paid middle management position, which used to be occupied by another person which some people here seem to be very fond of to this day, he was in the company for almost 25 years.
Today I had to take a taxi cab to go to work, I am afraid of driving my car and just have that damn screw mess up my tire. Will have to wait till the weekend so I can take it to service repair and see what they say. Is there a way for me to know if it is indeed nailed on purpouse?
Anyway I would like your input please, thanks for your help.

Show all answers
Post your answer

rh
Rating
www.hookedonphonics.com

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Pantherempress
You could have just drove over it. But if it happens again put a security camera in your car to catch the person.

TomB
Rating
I worked in auto service for 40 years and I have seen screws and nails in some of the weirdest angles in tires and have wondered how they got there. If the screw is in the sidewall or "curved corner area" of the tire it should not be repaired. You are just asking for a blow-out as that area flexes continually when vehicle is in motion. The tire should be replaced. And as far as someone putting it in your tire, I doubt it. I've seen those and they are in the tread. Only thing in the sidewall is a knife. You are paranoid.

allupnu65
Rating
i confess,,, i did it..........NOT...........

Monique
Rating
Unless you had a security camera out there videotaping your car through the day/evening, no way in telling if it was purposely done or not, unfortunately.

x Nirvanagirl x
Maybe. But if you work near a building site or something you could have driven over it. My dad drove over some screws when the house next to us was having work done and they were so neatly imbedded in his tire than it looked like they'd been hammered in.
But if they did hammer it in...report their butts!

Time Will Tell
Rating
I think it too early in the ball game to consider that kind of suspicious thought and it'll ruin the new begging you have in front of you. Plus, even if your suspicion is true, which I doubt. A great attitude and well dressed smile, will defuse the problem in no time at all. Especially, if they don't win the reward of ruining your day. But you could keep it in the back of your mind, just in case there are other strange happenings. Put it under your pillow.
lol

k h
Rating
I've had amazing things in my tires of the years. Your tire doesn't need much contact with the road for it to happen. If the top of the screw is scratched up you definitely drove over it. If the screw is not scratched at all then you have a problem.

Dani
Rating
I walked out of my building one day and had a flat. Three very long nails in the tire. It also looked like someone had taken a hammer and pounded them in. But more than likely, I went through a construction site.

If someone was trying to "get you", they would have screwed all your tires or keyed your car. You ran over a screw and it angled in perfectly. Try not to let your imagination run away with you.

Don't drive on the tire until you have it repaired.

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration
Rating
You probably just drove over it.

Esmerelda
Doubt it. I can think of lots better ways to bother you than taking the time and effort to put a screw in your tire. It is incredibly easy to get a screw or nail in your tire just by driving on the road each day. Remember that your tire flattens out when you're driving and that's a lot of force if you run over one.

tonalc1
Rating
I'm guessing if someone was going to give you a flat, they'd use something easier (and faster) than a screw, i.e. a nail.

There's no telling how you may have picked up the screw. I'd stop being paranoid.

?
Rating
No way to tell other than that you sound like a third-grader, and there may be people more qualified for your "middle management position" who are unhappy.

I'd be interested to know where you work, so I can avoid doing business there.

dlcm1979
Rating
no, you just ran over one.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Sunday, August 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy