Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it bad luck or its me for not doing well on the road because i got into car accident and non was my fault?
I got into a car accident once because someone passed the red light and hit me,another one was when i was parking someone was going into speed then hit the car from behind (i wasn't in the car) ...

Is it legal to have a rear facing car-seat in a single cab light duty truck with the passenger air bag off?
My girlfriend is about to start school again leaving me to pick our son up from daycare and i just wanted to ask is it legal to even have a rear facing carseat in a light duty single cab ...

What are roads like on I-70?
im traveling from california to kentucky next week is it safe???...

What was the year saftey belts were reguired on American made cars?

Why does my car shake when I press the brake at 45 mph or faster?

2000 ford ranger car seat safety?? someone help me out?
I got a 2000 ford ranger extended cab with the fold up seats in the back is it safe to but a car seat back there it has seatbealts ?? someone help i just got truck and i got a 1 yr son and a baby ...

How does speed affect survivability?
Does anyone have any information on how speed affects survivability in car accidents? For example, if 2 cars collide at 30, what is the fatality rate, and how much higher is the number at 50mph? Any ...

The Right of Way stop sign?
how does it work here is a quote from mn drivers manual
"when two vehicles reach an intersection at the same time, and all ya stop signs or flashing red traffic lights control the ...

Pennsylvania Driving test: Can you look over your shoulder when parallel parking as well as using your mirrors?
im taking my test in a bit and i was wondering if you could do that... my mom said that she doesnt see why not because she couldnt do it with out looking over her shoulder... please help!...

Why are u annoyed by nd being behind a slow driver Also why are u annoyed by people sudnly signaling to turn ?
right or ...

Why is the pavement/concrete cut around a manhole in a diamond shape when viewed while driving?

If i need to make a turn about while driving is it illegal to turn into a private driveway?

What laws or statutes are in place for the use of white or amber flashing lights on a non-emergency vehicle?
I would like to add white and/or amber flashing LED strobe lights on my business vehicle which may be used for events, roadway and highway safety and other various non-emergency activities when the ...

Should i put my 2 1/2 year old in this car seat before her 3 year ?
dr appointment on march 6th or try to hold out in her car seat that she is getting way to big for? http://www.target.com/dp or keep her in this car seat that she is getting way to ...

What cities have the highest automobile accident fatalities per year?
I'm just curious. I just read the metro police in las vegas had like 115. That seems like a lot. I'm wondering if its in the top or is that low?...

1995 Jeep Wranglers with no airbags?
I was researching and thinking about buying a 1995 Jeep Wrangler and i think they are really nice, but it has no airbags and that is a MAJOR concern for me. I looked on the internet searching for ...

What is the driving age in Ohio?

What is the best cushion for truck drivers to stop their tail from hurting?

What does it mean to 'square' an intersection (california driving)?

What's the ideal PSI on a tire capable of holding up to 50 psi max?
^^^TITLE^^^...

cmow5
Child booster seat in a regular cab truck?
I am in the market for a new?Used truck or SUV. Obviously a Jeep Cherokee is my first and almost only choice, but I am considering a truck too. Well I have a 4 year old that rides in a booster seat. Is it safe and legal to put a booster seat in the regular cab? I know about the airbags, so I am not worried about that, but besides shutting off the airbag or get one without a Pass airbag would it be safe and legal to put my little guy up there with me.

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
Rating
The way the law reads is that if this is your only vehicle that you have it is legal but not safe to put the child car seat in the front seat with the the trucks seat pushed as far back as possible..........

The law cannot make you buy a vehicle to fit the child's needs if all that you have is a single cab pickup..

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

sweet catastrophe
it is only illegal if you have air bags.

Tim
Rating
Simply call the local sheriff's department and they'll be able to answer that for you. I did the same thing several years ago when I was between cars and borrowed a pick-up for a couple weeks.

(Incidentally, the answer at that time was that if they're no longer in a rear-facing child seat, then they are legal in the front seat. But, they're always safest in a backseat if there is one. That said, I still recommend calling to find out any specific legalities in your local area.)

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, September 17, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy