Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

If an ambulance is on its way to save someone, and it runs someone over, does it stop to help them?

Is a 4wd SUV safer than a 2WD SUV?
I do not plan on hauling anything or driving off the road. I just want something safe for my kids ride in. The advantage that I seen with 2WD is that they are cheaper and more fuel efficient. So ...

Miami is the #1 road rage city in America.... why?
They say its because of the old retired people mixed with the young youthful partiers. But could it be the mixed culture? The mass of illegal immigrants that don't have a clue... that drive ...

When youre about to cross the street...?
and it says

"PUSH BUTTON TO CROSS"

why is it there when you have to push it several times, does it even actually work?
why is it even there?
Additional D...

How do I stop speeders in my neighborhood? ?
I live in a neighborhood where there is rampant speeding up and down the street, because for some reason, cars think it's a drag strip. There's been a lot of animals hit by speeding cars, ...

Why do u think people are crazy on black cars(like me of course)?

Who has priority at a raised pedestrian crossing (not a zebra crossing)?
This is a bit in the road (not near a junction) with a raised table, so that pedestrians can cross at the same level as the pavement. It does not have any zebra stripes, nor yellow flashing lights ...

I have a new car and i have to park it in the student parking lot tommorow...i dont want anyoneto mess with it
Any suggestions?...

Anyone older without a drivers license?
19 no drivers license how sad is that :(...

My license test is in 2 days and the forecast said rain. should i postpone the test or take it in the rain?
the test will be in sm, ...

What do you think of my reasons for tailgating?
First, I'm not in the habit of tailgating and I know tailgating is unsafe. I avoid tailgating and try to follow the 2 second rule on 2 lane roads. But if I leave 5 or more seconds of space, ...

Who has right of way here?
There are a few places in my residential neighborhood where there are crossroads with no stop signs either way. I always approach these with caution, slowing way down. No one else seems to do this; ...

Is The Smoking Ban In Cars Whilst Driving In Force Now ?
I see plenty of people still doing It, & It wasn't made clear wether the ban is enforced yet, & no one seems to know....

Whats the best solution to drive on icy roads?
I run a Fast food delivery service, my drivers cars are slipping on the roads, we want to continue the service to customers doors within safety, any solutions?...

Is it illegal to ride a horse through a drive through in Tucson, AZ?
A friend and I rode up to Taco Bell on horse back and were told they couldnt serve us because it was against the law... is that true?...

How can i face my fears???? I have some fears like driving a car or motorbike......?
i havent learned to ride,,,,,,,,,,,i want to learn but some fear keeps me from learning it
any ideas please!...

Driving on 38mph in 30mph zone on Provisional License?
I got the Notice for driving on 38mph in 30mph zone. I have provisional license and my wife was sitting next to me, she has full uk license. I havn't passed theory test yet. What penalty will I ...

I was in a accident it was the other drivers fault but ihad no liscense or insurance i was hurt .?
a driver made a left in front of me and i hit him but we was on a green i had no liscense or insurance just bought car two days before. was taken by paramedics i wasnt able to give any statement as ...

What happens if you have 1 DUI and then later on get 3 more within a 9 month period bringing your total to 4??
I have a friend who had 1 DUI. She then later got another one about 1 year later. After her second one 6 months later she received her 3rd DUI and two months later received her 4th! This means she ...

Will reducing the speed limit reduce the death toll?

**Josh!!
Can i drive my car safely with its petrol tank leaking drop by drop?
My ford mondeo 98's petrol was leaking drop by drop (like a drop every 2 seconds) this evening.For now i have parked it on the open ground(by pushing.). I was wondering if can i take it to workshop which is about 10 km away safely by driving or should i get it towed or something. And also what can i do to stop/minimize leaking.
All answers much appreciated.

Show all answers
Post your answer

Lotus_1984
Rating
no its unsafe

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

UCANTCME
No this is very unsafe and the smallest spark could ignite the gas flumes....get it fixed asap......

Shade
Rating
Petrol is dangerous stuff, there is no way I would tell anyone to drive a car leaking petrol.
Maybe you could get a friend to help you tow it to the workshop. Remember to put sand under the leak.

grraartist
Rating
For God sake.....don't drive the car, don't start the car, have it towed. You see it's not the gasoline in liquid form that is the problem, but the fumes, or vapors . These are extremely volatile and will catch fire incredibly easy. Don't smoke around the leak. Get the car to someone who is qualifed to work on it , and as I said before don't drive it.

yogiraj
Rating
Yes safe for you maybe not for others.Drive fast before anyone objects.

D.C.
Rating
GO TO A AUTO PARTS STORE AND GET A 2 PART GAS LEAK REPAIR KIT -----TAKE A WIRE BRUSH AND CLEAN THE TANK AROUND THE HOLE OF ANY DIRT ----THEN TAKE ABOUT 1" OF THE 2 PART KIT ( ONE IS WHITE THE OTHER IS BLACK ) AND KNEED THEM TOGETHER UNTIL IT IS A EVEN COLOR OF GRAY AND PUSH IT UP ON THE LEAKING AREA AND SMOOTH IT OUT TO SEAL AND STOP THE LEAK ------IT WILL WORK ON WET GAS AND BE A PERMANENT REPAIR . AS FAR AS THESE WORRY-WORT'S AND HOW DANGEROUS ------THEY HAVE NEVER WORKED ON THEM OR EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT .

cyrus_xi
Rating
Yes you could get it there i suppose. you do have to worry about it igniting but i dont think theres a very good chance of that. i dont think its very expensive to get it towed, and your insurance might even pay for it.

kenbgray
No you can't drive safely at all. Have itv towed and have it fixed right away.

Fly B
"Safely"? No. If safety is your #1 concern, tow it.

Acceptable risk? Sure. Realistically speaking a few drops, on an otherwise well maintained car, there's really no worries. Contrary to what happens in the movies, a flame will not follow your car and blow up your gas tank. Not to mention you've probably been driving the car already with the gas leak before you noticed it. I highly doubt anything will happen. I drove a car for 30 minutes with gas and anti-freeze spewing out the exhaust because, unknowing to me at the time, something really bad happened to the engine.

The problem, as always, is the "what if" factor.

Amazingwoo
Rating
Park your car up, do you know roughly where abouts the leap is coming from? If yes, get a big tray and fill it with sand and put this underneath.

You can drive a car with the leak - from what you describe it sounds very minimal - however, it of course should be fixed which you know and plan on doing.

As someone else said, that whole TV / film thing of a car igniting from the drip-drip of fuel is so not going to happen even though people think that it will.

logicalgal
Even while parked along the street, someone could toss a match, or a cigarette accidentally into that pool of gas area and cause your car to go up in flames.
I would get that patch kit, like "DC" mentioned, but don't drive your car to pick it up. Also call your fire dept. and inform them of your problem, so you have covered all bases.......they may have something to soak up any fuel on the ground.
Happy Summer!

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Thursday, November 27, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy