Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Do you as an employer have to tell your employees that you are fitting tracking devices to the works vehicles.
i have a fleet of vehicle on the road at the moment and would like to fit trackers into them but i dont want the drivers to know that they are there. i have 3 drivers that i know are on the fiddle ...

You may pass another car if you are next to the broken yellow lines ? True or False?

Is it illegal to hitch hike?
i see people hitch hike all around but i heard thats its illegal. i also heard that its ok to do but just not an the freeway or highway

We are getting new stop lights in my town.?
You can't see what color the light is until you are right under it. Whose bright idea was this and why???...

Have u driven a car when u r under 18?

Don't you think this would be a good traffic law?
This is really for people who drive in traffic everyday, but do you ever notice how once you hit rush hour, a lot of what slows the traffic down is 18 wheelers? They have to drive slower of course, ...

In driving a car, why is it necessary to wear seatbelt?
pLzz AnSwer thIs rIgHT nOw!!!!!!...

Hi, Im a teen just learing to drive?
I was wondering, how hard and what part of my foot should step on gas and break pedals....

What are you supposed to do when your car starts hyrdoplaning?

If Speed cameras are soley for road safety why are speed camera detector illegal?
Because Speed cameras are REALLY cash cows and nothing to do with road safety?
Additional Details
yeah thats very good about keeping to the speed limits BUT that doesn't answer my ...

Should more be done about two-wheelers causing a nuisance in public?
Bicycles speeding through bus-stops missing children and old folks, motor-cyclists speeding and revving up their machines past midnight? Should all owners and bicycles be registered so that when ...

Are speed camera vans legal?
It doesnt matter how they get a motorist, they cannot be questioned and the evidence they collect is NEVER in question? If they break their own "guidlines" they just cant collect their fee ...

Any tips for when i take my Drivers test?

Do you think Driving while talking on cells phones should be a Citable offense for Law Enforcement?
I work in Law enrforcement and what a poll. Because I see the end results, from Road Rage to Accident where people just floor me with their Stupidty.....

Why do taxi's in singapore think they own the road?
Taxi's stop all over and anywhere without regard to traffic trying to pass behind them -- why? Dont' they go to drving school?...

Drink Driving?
If 25% of all accidents are caused by drunk drivers does this mean that 75% are caused by sober people. Therefore am I better off getting sozzled in the house before I drive to the pub?...

Is pumping gas while the car is on safe?
My sister and I were getting gas, and she decided not to turn of the engine. Is that safe? She drives a toyota prius, but I still don't think it's a good idea. Any thoughts?...

Is there a law against parking a large truck on the street in a residential area in the UK?
For the past 4 or 5 years, our neighbour has been parking his truck outside our house and this overhangs the dropped kerb on both sides so making it difficult to get out of driveways. We cannot ...

Smoking while driving - should it be banned?
When drivers are smoking a cigarette, how can they give full attention to driving safely?

If smoking while driving is banned, will that help solve the problem of careless smokers throwing ...

My mom just a got ticket for no seat belt, but she had it on just under her arm.?
So she is wondering if she goes to court to protest it, what are her chances? Bcuz the ticket it self say no seatbelt, but she did have it on just tucked under her underarm instead of across her ...

Sharon M
Can a semi truck driver have a felony on his record?

Show all answers
Post your answer

klallen197902
Rating
nope

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Kiffin # 1
Probably not, since I believe most big rig drivers are bonded. I could be wrong, but I believe having a felony conviction makes it highly unlikely that one could obtain a bond. (A "bond" is a sort of security clearance, backed by money which guarantees honesty and an upstanding character; I don't think a felon would qualify!).

Addendum and Clarification:

I received an email from another answerer and stand corrected; he informed me that it is the Company that pays for the bond, not the driver, so it would seem to be possible IF the company was willing to hire a convicted felon. Thanks "Gonealot!

Harleyheritage91
No.
He has a commercial driver's license and felonies are not permitted to drive a truck.

eddie m
yes they do hire felony just required it 3yrs or older

the lonely now
Every company I've ever driven for would not hire anyone with a felony... Even some misdemeanors are enough to disqualify you from many jobs... Particularly with those companies that go into Canada. Often, a misdemeanor here is a felony there, and you cannot cross the border.

Kangkung - 133
anything is possible.

Christopher M
Rating
I would imagine it depends on the company applying to and if theyll trust you with their tractor trailer. Its usually pretty hard to get job though with a felony on your record. As far as I know though there is no law against it.

robertyoung177
Rating
here in fla yes bit no dui

The Mr. Pine
Rating
It depends on the employer. Many are 7 or 4 years in the past for a time frame. It is best to know someone to get a job anyway.

corncurl67
It depends on the felony. Some felonies won't let the person have a CDL. If you do have a felony, you more than likely cannot go out of the country, like to Canada without getting permission from the U.S. Government.

Gonealot R
Yes, but you can not have violent, armed or any drug convictions or any "major" felony's. (murder, kidnapping, bank robberies, etc.) Any DUIs must be 5 or more years old and have a clean record since the DUI conviction. Although even if you're licensed you won't be allowed to haul into Canada. No felonies allowed there. The next problem will be getting hired. Many company's say no to ANY conviction, others will go on a case by case basis. Check out company's like Knight, J.B.Hunt, Gordon and Interstate, I know of drivers that have felony's working for all of them. The last company I worked for (Swift) went on a case by case basis and had several drivers who had records.

man_with_koolaid_smile
yes
but its harder to get hired

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, August 29, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy