Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

What is the probibility of lightening hitting you in a car?
What is the probibility of lightening hitting you in a car? While just driving down a highway or a regular road?...

What is the best thing to say to avoid getting a speeding ticket from a cop!!!?

Is driving with a land line in your car safer than using a cell phone in your car?

Speeding . . . .105 in 60. .?
Yesterday i got caught doing 105mph in a 60 (I-10 El Paso TX). the cop gave me a speeding ticket and one for unsafe lane changing. I was told i can only take defensive driving for the second one not ...

When i turned 18 can i get my liense without getting my permit?

Do you agree or disagree with seatbelts?
What are your reasons? (Other than it's the law and saving lifes)...

About cars what is the most dangerous thing a driver should not do when driving?

So i ran over a dog today....?
Here is my story. i am driving home from school and i see in the distance that there is a car pulled over and two dogs running like crazy all over the road. i am guessing the owner of the car is also ...

Is it true that if you put peanut butter on your tires it will give you a shorter stopping distance?
There was a video that proved that this works on you tube. It was on a show called infinite solutions so I knew it was true already... sorry! You may have to see what I'm talking about to ...

What is the maximum speed limit 4 passenger cars on a 2 lane highway during the daytime?

Have you noticed how some people with pushchairs push them out into the road to stop traffic?
Some people seem to think that babies in pushchairs are some kind of blocking gadget, push it out into the middle of the road and use it to stop all the traffic, great idea. Then they moan about ...

Talking on cell phones while driving?
IM SICK OF THIS!!! i cant count the number of times somebodies almost run me over because theyre not paying to the road. while theyre on their cellphones the run through crosswalks, run red light, ...

Do you have a cell phone ban in your state?
They are trying to enforce a law about talking on cell phones while driving here. I hope it doesn't get passed, because I'm against it and will protest!...

Will my car be totaled?? *pictures*?
It's a 99 Honda Civic Lx in good condition, about 150,000 miles. I assume it is probably worth about 5,000. I was in a hit and run accident at an intersection and I was just wondering if any ...

Can the laws be changed to allow right turns at stop signs at all times when traffic is clear?
cars spend a lot of time burning gas at stop signs with no right turns allowed on red lights. If it is safeto turn you should be allowed. This will save a lot of gas....

Could we stop "rubbernecking" by erecting temporary screens or something around traffic accidents?
Rubbernecking is infuriating! It snarls traffic, wastes time, gas, causes accidents, and interferes with emergency workers. People slow down to watch someone change a flat tire for craps sake!
<...

Do you think that driving while talking on cell phones are necessary?
I am a Freshman in High School writing an essay about this. I have to ask if talking without your hands-free devices, and texting while driving is necessary. I have to get opinions.

Thank ...

Can somebody give me three reasons why someone should wear a seat belt?
i am doing a english paper and need some help!!!...

Should i drive my BRAND NEW Mazda 6 to school?
okay, so my high school is half black and half whites pretty much i dont know if that matters but whatever
and my new car looks like a sports car, it has nice everything, and a spoiler
and ...

Is it legal to drive a car barefoot?

Can a person with only use of one eye legally drive a vehicle?

Show all answers
Post your answer

Olivia F.
I'm sure they CAN but they shouldn't. You need the best vision you can have. Having vision in only one eye would also change the way you see color, movement, and basically everything involving vision. Your driving 'blind spot' would also be thrown off.

That is only my opinion

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Turtle 6
Rating
Legally -- Yes.

Morally? Sit and think about all the pluses and minuses; ask other people to so the same. If the pluses outweigh the minuses, OK.

If I were in your position, I would NOT drive. Of course, I live where public transportation is near and reliable.

wizer
Why not. Your average driver seems to be blind in one eye and unable to see out of the other. By the way, having one eye is called monocular.

Dont get Infected
my best friend got his right eye stabbed with a cheese knife back when he was in 1st grade. he's been blind in it since it happened. he drives every day legally.

if it wasnt legal they wouldnt of given him his drivers license

dont listen to all the people that say they shouldnt drive. my friend drives safer than most people that have perfect vision out of both eyes. i trust my friend driving behind the wheele better than i trust my own mom behind the wheele

Dimo J
Absolutely!

California Vehicle Code, pertaining to licensing of drivers:

12804.9. (a) (1) The examination shall include all of the
following:
(E) A test of the hearing and eyesight of the applicant, and of other matters that may be necessary....

(3) A physical defect of the applicant that, in the opinion of the department, is compensated for to ensure safe driving ability, shall not prevent the issuance of a license to the applicant.

It is amazing what can be compensated for.

dale b
Rating
Sure. Ernie Irvin drove NASCAR with one eye.

joiugh
Rating
Absolutely. My dad is a USPS mail man. The one that drives the truck and puts the mail in your mailbox. He has done that for 20 years. He only has one eye. The eye that he has is actually better than 20/20 vision.

nanny
Rating
my son is legally blind in one eye, had to have a note from his doc to get his license, (TX) he drives my truck more than me, he can spot the smallest of the farther-est. he may only have one eye but is as amazing as he is.

Dr. 38-81-32
Yes, but your license exceptions on the back may require 3 rear view mirrors. Two outside and one inside.

Basil T
I Can`t believe someone said no, I only have one camera and i`m a truck driver and have over a million miles under my belt as a safe driver.

Korine
Rating
yup

Mad Viking
Yep.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy