Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

I bought a car from an Auction I took it for a drive, the brakes failed and I crashed? Should i get a lawyer?
I remember seeing "Cars sold as is" signs but i would think they would at least makes sure the brakes work. Poeple tell me i should seek legal help but with my luck I feel like i would just ...

Whats the safest make of car?
Hi, a friend told me that Saabs are a very safe make of car (as in if you get into an accident they're more robust) and I mentioned that my 17 yr old brother (just passed his test and fairly ...

Cop gave me a ticket for "not stoping at the stop sign" but i Did. What should i expect from the court
My court date is coming up soon, Im just wondering what should I expect. Will the cop be there? Will i get a chance to tell my story? Is the judge hard on young kids (Im 18) ANy tips???
A...

Don't I have the right to be pissed off?
My neighbors have banded together to complain that I'm driving too fast. First it annoys me that they've taken to spying on my daily routines. Second, I'm bothered by the fact that ...

When you were learning to drive, in what way were you taught to hold the steering wheel?

How do you know what the air pressure in your car tires should be?

Should old people be allowed to drive?

Additional Details
Sensible answers please, this is a good debate topic and there's a lot of things that could persuade you to fo either way.
Should we take away their ...

If I danced across a road and got hit by an eighteen wealler in the middle of nowwhere. What would i do?

Let's talk about?
Adult content
Adults posing as minors
Bestiality
Bodily Fluids
Bodily Harm
Chatting and personal communications
Defamation
Epithets & Slurs
Fraud & P...

Can a passenger in a car be fined for not wearing a seat belt say in a taxi?

Why do they have parking stalls in front of bars and nightclubs, when they say it's illegal to drink and drive

I need your advice, should i put in for my driving test?
i have been doing my lessons sooo long now, since jan 2006. (i know, pathetic) i told my driving instructor not to let me apply for my test untill he thought i was 100% ready. but now he is only ...

Is there a speed limit in Walmart parking lots?.?
A walmart employee said I was going too fast in the parking lot, I was doing about 45mph....

Should I join my friends in street drag racing?
I am a sophomore in high school and just got my drivers license a few weeks ago. Now a bunch of people who are my age are getting their licenses. People keep asking me if they want to drag race on ...

Why do we need to keep safe on the road?

If you took a wrong turn.......?
would you do a u turn in the middle of the road rather than take the next exit hoping that noone saw you?...

Why does my car go faster when.............?
I put on a Queen CD....

Should caravans be allowed to travel faster than 60mph when on British motorways?
When in France and Belgium, a caravan can be towed at speeds up to 80mph....

I am in a 30 mph zone and other drivers catch me up even in slippy conditions & sit a cars length away .?
You are in a 30 zone. I must catch him up and sit in his boot he thinks. These people are now allowed to mug you on the road. So why don't we have derestricted speeds on the roads so that as ...

Do you get angry when someone tailgates you?
I get so angry when someone tailgates me when I have small children sitting in the rear seats (carseats). I have a "Baby On Board" sign in rear window but they still tailgate so close I can&...

carmania
Can a car crash kill you at 20 mph?
i was just wondering if a car crash can kill you at 20 mph
please let me know

Show all answers
Post your answer

frottage_boy
Dunno - try it and see.

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

LOVELY LEGS 11
NO WAY.

It can injure you but not kill you.

Mr T
Rating
yep especially if you are standing between the car and the wall it collides with

Jenna
Rating
Yes you can be killed at that speed. If you are sitting in your car and are not moving and another car collides into you, that too can kill you. So the speed and object you are in becomes irrelevant really.

Bardic
Certainly can. Think how much damage you can do to yourself walking into a lamp-post at just 2mph.

Neil
Yes.

Its not the speed that kills, but the deceleration, which depends on the mass, the speed prior to impact, the mass of what you hit, and the speed prior to impact of what you hit, as well as the energy absorption characteristics of your car and whatever you hit.

You also have to take account of any secondary impacts, and of whether or not you are correctly seated and restrained (i.e. belted).

al b
most definately, suppose you get flipped and tossed out of your vehicle, or a slow speed roll over into a ditch filled with water and you can't escape. Even a seemingly minor cut can end up causing you to bleed to death if you can't get attention,

?
Yes of course it can if you have a head on crash with an other car and it is doing 20 miles an hour that's a combined speed of 40 miles an hour.

ferrari16329
it all depends. head on collision, mabey, if you hit a tree or pole, you will prbably get injured. i dont think you would get killed tho

dblake8806
yes it could. my friend had an accident at 15mph. He got t-boned. The car had no air bags he died before the cops got there.

tjc
Yes if the circumstances are right. The faster you go the more likely you'll get killed. I backed a car into a post once at about 2-3 MPH. I could not believe the jolt.

Fordman
Rating
I don't have any figures to back this up but I would think it could, you never know about things. A jerk in a certain way can snap your neck, your head could be jammed into some sharp object in the car. Too many variables to figure, but yeah, I'm sure it COULD happen.

Pit Bull
Of course it can. You could get a metal spike through your head at walking speed and that would kill you.
Hitting a solid object head-on at 20mph would probably squash you like a fly being hit by a newspaper.
Would recommend that you don't try it to see.

Christian T
Well if its head on with another car traveling at the same speed thats 40mph combined. And that can kill a person.

the bad seed
Rating
yes.. you can die at five depending on what hits where

Michael L
Rating
If you are lying down in the road and a car runs over you at 20 mph, then - without a doubt, yes.

Citizen DeCat
Rating
Yes, without a doubt.

20 mph doesn't sound a lot, but compare it to normal walking speed. If you've ever backed into a stationary object, even at 5 mph, the jolt is large.

If you're in a modern car with loads of airbags, and wearing your seatbelt, you are unlikely to die in a collision with a stationary object at 20 mph. If you don't wear a seatbelt, your head will continue travelling at 20 mph until it hits something hard.

I find it amazing that anyone would consider travelling in a car without a seatbelt on.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy