Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Why should the driving age be lowerd?
should the driving age be lowerd? i am in middle school debate class and i need to know what people think! are kids to imiture to start driving or is it good for them to have freedom?...

Does anyone think the 40mph speed limit for hgvs on single carriageway roads is too slow?

Do you come across other idiot drivers or are you the idiot (no offense)?
Let me give you a few examples:
Say suppose you're behind a car going the speed limit or even under the speed limit. You think the driver ahead is an idiot for going so slow because you ...

Tonight i was followed by a car of boys @ 11:30pm, what can i do to keep safe have a weapon, call the cops?

Ticket for wearing a seatbelt?
Hey guys, I live in Conroe, Texas and got pulled over yesterday by a Conroe Police officer for wearing my seatbelt. He said I wasnt wearing it correctly. I explained, I had double-by pass last year ...

Son thinking of driving to ohio from jersey for xmas. jummy s.u.v. only has front brakes. must drive through a?
must drive through allegany mtns. we feel this is bad idea. any thoughts?...

What can stop plane crashes in the world?

Do you think my car is totaled? [pictures].?
Okay
I was in a car accident this morning (Halloween morning). It was my fault, I rear-ended a lady going through a toll booth who looked like she was moving while the sun reflected off her ...

Dirt roads?
how do I get people to slow down on dirt roads ? My neighbor has a horse close to the road and my dogs get dirt in there eyes . I made a slow down sign but it does not help . what should I do ?...

IS use of a rear mounted spotlight to fend off tailgaters illegal?
I've heard it can get you in all sorts of trouble with the cops, but I knew a guy that used one without trouble for years. Just flip it on when tailgated by some dumbazz....

Time to ban the wheel?

Additional Details
We know the arguments, e.g. four wheels are better than two but, in our opinion, sod it....

What is more potentially dangerous to drivers?
What's more dangerous, being on the road with drunk drivers or being on the road with stoned drivers? Explain?...

Parking fines???
can you park anywhere these days?been shopping twice this week,and have 2 parking tickets grrrrrrrrrrr,sorry had to moan,and no i,m not gonna pay...:-...

What are do's and don'ts on DMV actual driving test?
California DMV ...

Hands free driving?
I live in a state where they are banning driving with a cell phone unless it is hands free. If i use a rubberband to attach cell phone to my head is that considered hands free? Can i get a ticket?...

What can I do to protect my car from vandalism?
I work in a bad area, my car was broken into today. I don't have an alarm system, and I can't afford one. What can I do to make my car unappealing to thieves? How likely is it to happen ...

What to do if I ran over a cat while driving?

Can your arms break from air bags?
Is it true that if you drive with the 10:00 / 2:00 hand placement, that the air bag can break your arms?...

When taking driving test should i drive within the speed limit or less ?

What should be included in an emergency kit to keep in my car?

Steady Eddie
Can I cross double white lines to make a right hand turn from a duel carriage way?

Show all answers
Post your answer

steelmadison
within a few circumstances, yes, you can.
(avoiding another vehicle, pedestrian, etc..... and sometimes the turn you are making will cross the d/white line,,, and it may be a side/dirt road you are entering,,,etc...)... it will then be manitory to be 100% positive of no obstructions before crossing it.

but under normal circumstances,,,, no, they must not be crossed..

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

P.Doff
Rating
No one, not even a police car en route to an emergency can go partly over, never mind cross, a double white line.

Bardic
There aren't any double white lines on dual carriageways!

In other circumstances, you may not cross a solid white line, whether it's part of a double, one on your side of a solid/broken double, or one surrounding a cross-hatched area. Consider it a physical barrier.

safcian
assuming you are driving in the UK....i very much doubt you will find double white lines on a dual carriageway. unless the right turn you are aiming for is not to be used (the central reservation may be for the use of farm vehicles or a small residential area to gain access to the far carriageway).

rowdy
I don't really understand this question - you won't find (correct me if I'm overlooking something) double white lines on a dual carriageway.

Double solid white lines (or if the line nearest to you is solid) on a single carriageway mean "no overtaking if you have to cross the line to do so".

In other words, you may cross the line for any reason except for overtaking. Therefore you can turn right.

However, if you're talking about a hatched area which is bordered by double white lines, no you can't - but it's the hatched area you can't cross, not the white lines (it amounts to the same thing, I know).

The Tank
I hope that you mean "dual" carriageway, although the way that some people drive "duel" could be just as accurate.

You shouldn't have double white lines to cross if you're on a dual carriageway. These roads have a solid central reservation so there aren't normally any double white lines.

If you are at one of those rare "central slip road" type junctions where there is a small slip lane built into the central reservation especially for right-turning traffic then you may encounter a double white line. This must be treated as if it were a STOP line at a regular road junction.

Generally you should never cross double white lines unless you are passing an obstructuion such as a stopped vehicle, not a going slow one or a bike, and then only very carefully.

linda r
NO..........NEVER..

Hi T
No you would have to continue on to the next roundabout, to come back on the other side, to turn left.

Weed
No double white lines means No overtaking

ascoile
Rating
no, it is illegal to cross double white line

NONAME
Rating
Is this a trick question?
I dont know of any dual carriageways that have double white lines.

proud walker
Rating
You must treat double white lines like a brick wall.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Monday, November 24, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy