Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Is it safe to drive a Ford Mustang in the winter?
It's a rear wheel drive ...

Why do they drive on the left in the UK while all Europe drives on the right?

Why do people drive slow in the fast lane?

When a traffic light changes from green to amber?
Is that a signal for a car to speed up? Or should they slow down?
My own personal experience is that most drivers speed up, and think it is OK to "nip through" if the lights have just ...

Should I drive my car off dock or into police station?
Which do you think it hotter?...

Hi, is it legal to park in front of someones vehicular access to their garage?

Additional Details
The reason I ask is because I have just had a garage built. The next door neighbour's daughter seems to think she is being clever and when she gets an ...

What does it mean if cats' eyes wink as you go past ?

Do You Wear Your Seatbelt?
Yes or No? Just curious....

Why do people walk in front of your car, in the middle of the street, and not look at you?
Do they think you can't hit them if you don't look at them?...

I get really wound up when I see kids without their seatbelts on, why do parents let this happen?

What the fastest you have even driven in a car?
Ive been 120mph in my Accord and in my Benz.

I want to go 130-140 in my Benz....

Why do SO MANY people ignore the law and put others in danger & drive whilst on their phone?

Drivers why oh why do you do this?
Not all drivers but some
When i'm crossing or about to cross a zebra crossing with my baby, why do some drivers speed past when they should stop?

This makes me so furious because ...

Is 20 mph over the speed limit reasonable?
My brother was doing 60 in a 40 zone. I told him to slow down, but he yelled at me. He was driving a big car too... And there were other people in the car whose lives he was risking. I don't ...

What is the safest way to run into traffic naked?

Do you have to have an adult in the passengers seat if you have a learners permit?

Do you flash your headlights at people?
When I started driving I was taught to be respectful and warn oncoming traffic if a police car was up ahead. Do you do this? Have you ever heard of it before?...

Why do i always trip and fall?
all the time, where ever i go, i always fall on my ...

What comes after Green in traffic lights?

Will I get a speeding ticket if...?
I was doing 1 or 2 miles an hour over the limit? I was just driving and was just a hair over 30 when I saw a mobile camera van trying to hide just up the road?...

lakersfan8247
Are you supposed to use one foot or two feet when driving?
Well when i went driving for the first time which was extremely fun my grandpa kept telling me to just use one foot but it was kind of uncomfortable for me so are you supposed to use one foot or both?

Show all answers
Post your answer

mike g
Rating
right foot for the fuel pedal and break in an automatic, for a standard you us right foot for gas and left foot for break and clutch,with that said drive fastand use alot of breaks...only if you know how to replace them,lol

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

Triumph
Just one foot.

In an emergency you may have to quickly slam on the brakes to avoid hitting something. If you are used to using both feet you may accidentally slam on the brakes AND the gas pedal, which wouldn't be good. But if you learn to use only one foot you won't have that issue.

The time to use both feet is when you are parallel parking, one foot for brake, while the other for gas.

audoribleaudrey
Rating
Your right foot

cottoncandyicecream
Rating
one

ms_michelle82
Depend on what you drive but normally, one. I have heard of some people that drive with both feet but it seem very unnatural to me.

Dave87gn
one

UCANTCME
Rating
One foot always due to safety issues because using two feet people a lot of times will get confused and hit the gas instead of the brake or the brake instead of the gas...

Jack Sparrow
Rating
Follow your grandpa so that you will not be killed by car accident.

ja133
Rating
Right foot.
Don't use two feet because you'll be driving with the break light on the entire time. Not only is that dangerous, but most of all, you'll ware out your breaks really quickly

longguyisland2
one foot. 2 feet will result in rapid changes in the motion of the car (because there will be zero transition time from one foot on the gas to the brake) and in turn will put more strain on vital parts of the car (chassis, transmission, brakes, etc) due to the frequent and sudden changes. it's not good for your car to drive with 2 and will ultimately lessen the life of the car and its parts, so play it safe and get in the good habit of driving with one foot.

*EDIT* forgot to mention, of course, that everything i just said applies to an automatic. you need your other foot for the clutch when driving a stick shift.

ottomatic11
Rating
you only use your right foot for gas and brake

if you have a manual car then you use your left foot for the clutch ONLY.

gapsusie
Rating
automatic = one foot
manual =2 feet

dirtytricksracing@sbcglobal.net
Rating
One foot,using two is dangerous

North of 49
Rating
If you are driving a standard Transmission:

Two feet: left foot for only the clutch
Right Foot for the gas and brake.

Automatic Transmission:
Right foot only. The reason you do not use the left foot (ie on the brake) is if you have to brake suddenly, you may not (forget) to take your right foot off the gas and have an accident or run a pedestrian over. . . it's too dangerous.

Lover not a Fighter
Rating
ONE FOOT for brake and gas.

If you have a stick shift (or plan to learn later) the left foot is for clutch.

====
But after the test, it really don't matter. People used to say that because there USED TO BE so many clutch cars and you can get mixed up later. But these days there are practically very little stick shifts.

Good luck...

boone
traditionally you only use one foot when driving an automatic. but some people that have gotten used to using both feet when operating certain types of equipment will use both feet when driving.

Terry P
Normally just one foot (with an automatic), so that when you are hitting the brake you can't hit the gas at the same time. That said the best driver I have ever known drove with both feet his whole life.

familyof404
with a manual trans. both feet. auto trans. only one foot

Petra K
one, your right foot, if you are driving automatic, but if you have to shift gears manually you would normally use your left foot to hold down the clutch

sexyton1988
Rating
it depends if you are driving a car with a manual gearbox you need two, one for the clutch and the other for the accelerator.
However, if you have an automatic you are only supposed to use one because, you could get confused and cause an accident.

damffool
One foot for the gas pedal and brake. You are allowed to use a second foot for a clutch if you have a stick shift. If you have a foot on the gas pedal and one on the brake at the same time you inadvertently burn up the brakes on the car.

Bub
Normally for an automatic - one foot
for a stick shift (manual) - two
for a race car two even with a powerglide :-)

Vince M
Rating
With an automatic transmission, the safest way is to use only the right foot for the accelerator and the brake.

In a standard shift car, the left foot comes into play ONLY to operate the clutch.

Me again
Rating
Use your right foot or the brake and gas, use your left foot for the clutch if you have a clutch. Never use your left foot for the brake because you should be removing your foot completely from the gas in order to use the brake, so you can't accidentally hit the gas.

Al
2 feet if you are driving a manual transmission vehicle and 1 foot if you are driving an automatic transmission vehicle.

Firecracker .
One foot for an automatic trans.
Two feet for a manual. Left foot for the clutch only.

Broberts
The same foot for braking and accelerating. If you have gears then the other foot is for the clutch. But only ever one foot on each peddle

Jason T
Rating
when you are driving at first, it takes some getting used to, but you are only supposed to use one foot. The reason being is that when you are about to get in a crash, if you use two feet, you are bound to push down with both feet very quickly and it's possible to hit the accellerator faster than the break and you end up causing more of a crash.

CMSgt342
Rating
Well, if your driving stick then use both if it's an automatic then only use one.

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Friday, October 31, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy