Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Legal Forum Search :
   Homepage      News     Legal Directories      Legal Forum      Dictionary  
Legal Forum    Cars & Transportation Safety
Legal Discussion Forum

Drivers Ed and Driving Tomorrow! help!?
Okay so I just started drivers ed last week and i have already had 3 classes...tomorrow I am assigned to go driving with my teacher for the first time for an hour with my friend who is also going to ...

Is it okay to take my road test?
i have to take my road test soon. and i've barely ever driven in the snow before. will they be easier on me since its snowing? should i wait until spring or just take it anyway?...

Can you give give me reasons why the driving age should be changed from 16 to 20?

What Kind of tires Do I get?
Okay I need new tires...BAD!! My back passenger side tire gets low every 2-3 days...I do alot of driving at my job and I can't afford to get a flat or have a blowout! I am going tommorow ...

Pls what is 1000rpm which is found at the left of the steering wheel near km/h?
I would be v happy if l can get the main functions of that meter. T...

What can be done to stop people from speeding aside from police activity?
In otherwords, on a highspeed highway can anything be done aside from enforcement to encorage people not to speed?
Additional Details
Montana now has speed limits....

Help with driving test?
im taking my driving test tomorrrow, any tips on when to shoulder check, and do a 360, and about turning in intersections?...

What would happen with this ticket?
Ok so I got a ticket for not parking my car front in first, i backed in. I got a ticket.
I crumpled it and threw it on the ground, its the stupidest ticket I've ever heard of....

How many airbags do these cars have ?
Does any of you know how many airbags the new Audi A4 B8 and the Ford Mondeo third generation have ???
Pease help ...

Going for my driving test tomorrow morning any words of advice ?
Im nervous but confident any suggestions to keep in mind ?
Thank you :)...

What happens if i use 215-65-16 tires instead of the recommended 205-60-16 tires?

Why should the driving age be raised in MI?

Top reasons cyclists have accidents?
Top reasons cyclists have accidents with vehicles ?...

Are there any studies that show an increase in recent decades in the average size of fire trucks in the US?
Or an increase in the size of tractor trailers or city buses....

TIPS NEEDED: for winter driving?
It just snowed here yesterday. We got nearly a foot of snow just overnight. I woke up and drove to work before the roads had been plowed and realized that I have no idea how to handle my car in snow. ...

Safe driving tips needed?
Safe driving tips needed for upcoming test....

My megane is leaking fluid, think its the air con. Is it safe to drive without air con fluid.?
Putting my megane in garage tonight i heard running water. think its air con because now when i turn on air con it makes a loud click. Could it be air con and if so is it ok to drive. Also any ideas ...

Anyone else get a ticket for no seatbelt when they infact were wearing it this morning in QUEENS?
Earlier I asked the same question except I thought I was in brooklyn. I was right near the border.

I was alone noone else in the car
Additional Details
I can understand a ...

I had a rollover in a truck Iwant to know how long will it be before Ican get aanother job in trucking?
I had a rollover in a truck Iwant to know how long will it be before I can find me another job in ...

If in Accident: Do you move your car?
Hi, one thing that I've always wondered about are the rules for when you should move your car out of the way if you're in an accident.

If you get in an accident on the interstate,...

unforgettable_1
Airbags didn't deploy! Should we sue the dealer?
About 1 1/2 years ago we bought a used 2000 Dodge Neon. My daughter had a wreck in the car last week and the airbag didn't deploy. We have since found out that the airbags are missing but we were never told that this car had no supplemental restraint system. The letters SRS are on the center of the steering wheel and that has led us to believe we purchased a car with operational airbags. My daughter was not hurt badly but it could have been much worse. Do we have any means of recourse to either have the used car dealer replace the airbags or replace the car?

Show all answers
Post your answer

UCANTCME
Rating
You can sue and you have a good case because this would have had to been disclosed to you at the time of the purchase.

Many dealers will just replace the airbag covers and disconnect the light and to the common person they will never know.

Contact and speak with a lawyer and you will win this case because safety of a vehicle is the first thing that is checked before it is sold,

Was this answer helpful to you?  Yes  /  No

harry-balsacs
Rating
You can sue whoever that did the safety test/inspection if the accident happened within 3 months from the date of purchase. If the accident occured 3 months after, it's your responsibility to keep your car in a top of safety shape.

Daphne
Rating
Your best bet is to contact an attorney but be aware by the time you pay the attorney fees, it's probably not worth it.

Fred C
Rating
For one thing, the car was 6 years old, not new. If the airbags had deployed in any previous event, however minor or major, chances are excellent they were not replaced. Safety certifications in many states or provinces specifically state repair work doesn't have to include replacing the airbags. Check with the DMV for the proper law for your state.

For another thing, airbags do not deploy in all accidents anyway. It totally depends on the angle of impact from the front. If it is off-angle they do not deploy, because an airbag hitting a head while the body is being flung slightly sideways creates a far more serious injury.

rockbase
you should always consult a lawyer, however you have to prove the dealership sold you something with airbags (It was used so markings are not indicative ) and that they KNEW it didn't have functioning airbags.

But once again, contact and pay for a lawyer for best advice.

rookethorne
Rating
If the bags weren't fitted then an error would be generated on the ECU, which would be picked up on servicing.

You would also have an SRS check light on the dash which would not go out after the basic check.

So, was it ever fitted with bags, or even a full SRS, or has someone just changed the steering wheel in order to get a few more bucks on trade-in?

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - Links1 - Links2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
Trusted legal information for you. 0.174
Copyright (c) 2007-2010 Find Legal Advice Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - All rights reserved - Terms of use - Privacy Policy